Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Johnny Football

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Johnny Football

Why The Minnesota Vikings Must Draft Johnny Manziel

Why The Minnesota Vikings Must Draft Johnny Manziel - iSports Times

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

drakkar is offline Rookie
    not sure Johnny Football is a top 3 pick, have to keep our fingers crossed that Mariotta declares.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries
    You can proberly nit-pick small stuff from pretty much everybody, but who does these plays remind you of?

From Bridgewater and down to everyone else there is a massive gap..

I don't want Mariotta at this point, he is very raw at this point, does not step into throws and does not step up in the pocket, he also does not move his foot at all when he is in the pocket, plus every snap he takes in a shotgun snap, which would take Adrian out of the game. He does however possess a massive arm and does make good plays with his feet, but can he translate that to the NFL?, not many has.

Manziel has off-field concerns and also might struggle with physique has he is only 5'11, some also has concerns about his arm strength.

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Johnny Football

Manziel seems too careless with the ball when he runs. He holds it out there like foreman used to in the day but that will get it stripped from him in the NFL.

That being said, bridgewater hasn't beaten anyone elite and I don't see him making throws into tight coverage because the defenses he is playing don't have the talent to provide it. That being said if he could make a career out if playing against our secondary he could be in canton. But so could thousands if others.

purpledoom is offline Starter
    Manziel's off the field issues worry me some. Far as height goes, Russell Wilson's not tall either. Supposedly his passing game has improved this year, don't watch enough college ball to know. He is a winner and he has loads of confidence, sure could use that in a quarterback for a change.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    I'm hoping we draft Bridgewater...

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    Not Manziel! Fact is, after Bridgewater, who is no lead-pipe lock himself, the upcoming qb class isn't stellar. Maybe there is a diamond in the rough out there like Rogers was, but I'm fairly certain our FO won't be able to identify him. I'll go on record- Manziel will be a bust.

Suick is offline Pro-Bowler
    Nothing is a lock. See Ryan Leaf and Jamarcus Russell. Everytime we try to outsmart the league and pull a diamond out of the rough we've ended up with a T Joke or a Christian Pondscum.

Phuck it! I'm all in for Johnny Football. Launch the party boat bitches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

atticus-shaffer.jpg johnny-manziel.jpg
    Last edited by Suick; 11-04-2013 at 12:41 PM.
    I've been a Viking fan since I was just out of diapers, hopefully we get Super Bowl win before I go back in 'em.

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    Manziel might be a bust, but he also might just be a Farve...the two are similar in the "gunslinger" approach they use. Ponder just can't stop thinking and ACT; it is the cross he has to bear. Manziel is quite the opposite, and would be a very very bold move for the Vikings.

And that is why I am SURE we will push for Bridgewater, the "safe" QB.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    Favre was 6-2 and 220 pounds. Manziel needs a booster seat to see out the windshield.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast