Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by 12purplepride28 View Post
    One of the few times I agree 100% with you, even if you did throw a Favre dig in there. Seriously guys, what the hell? Giving up on our QB after 2 years in the league?.
    Vikings QB's were given up on with far less than 26 starts. Hell after 6 starts or less even.

Are you saying you haven't given up on Webb? :P

I'll ask the question that's been asked by others for several years....

"How many starts does he need?"

With that said, I believe Ponder will be here next year since there is no other clear cut alternative & he did just enough to save himself for perhaps one more year. Missing the playoff game might have been his saving grace. Had he played & stunk it up, the Vikings might have gone QB shopping in the offseason.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 12purplepride28 View Post
    One of the few times I agree 100% with you, even if you did throw a Favre dig in there. Seriously guys, what the hell? Giving up on our QB after 2 years in the league?.
    Vikings QB's were given up on with far less than 26 starts. Hell after 6 starts or less even.

With that said, I believe Ponder will be here next year since there is no other clear cut alternative & he did just enough to save himself for perhaps one more year. Missing the playoff game might have been his saving grace. Had he played & stunk it up, the Vikings might have gone QB shopping in the offseason.
    So how many were you willing to give Booty when we drafted him a few years back?

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    So how many were you willing to give Booty when we drafted him a few years back?
    Booty's hands were too small to play pro football. He would have & was fighting a losing battle from day 1.

Blog Entries
    Booty's hands were too small to play pro football. He would have & was fighting a losing battle from day 1.
    You have a hand fetish? That is like saying Wilson is too short to play QB for the Seahawks. Sounds a bit hypocritical to me.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Now why would you say something like that. Now all the chuckleheads will be saying he missed the game just so he wouldn't stink it up.

In the end, he progressed throughout the year, and was actually playing pretty good, all things considered, at the end of the season. Only a negative Nancy would assume that he would stink things up.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

You have a hand fetish? That is like saying Wilson is too short to play QB for the Seahawks. Sounds a bit hypocritical to me.
    Not sure how that insinuates any kind of fetish at all, nor is it even remotely like saying Wilson is too short to play QB.

If your hands are too small to grip the ball, you're going to fumbling, dropping the football a lot & throwing more bad passes.

Blog Entries
    Not sure how that insinuates any kind of fetish at all, nor is it even remotely like saying Wilson is too short to play QB.

If your hands are too small to grip the ball, you're going to fumbling, dropping the football a lot & throwing more bad passes.
    Seems he did fine in college. Do they use a bigger ball in the pros?

John David Booty Stats | College Football at Sports-Reference.com
    And Ponder
    Christian Ponder Stats | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

Not that he is any sort of world beater, but where do you see any evidence that his hand size limited what he could do with a football? No mention anywhere about him fumbling and only this in his stats:

CAREER: His 518 career completions is fifth on the USC all-time chart. His 6,125 career passing yards is fifth on USC's all-time list. His 5,945 yards of total offense is sixth on USC's all-time ladder. His 55 career touchdown passes is fourth most at USC. In his career, he threw at least 1 TD pass in 22 of his 23 starts, at least 2 TD passes in a game 16 times, at least 3 TDs in a game 11 times, at least 4 TDs in a game 3 times and had 200-plus passing yards in 18 games (4 times with 300-plus yards). He was 20-3 as a starter. As a starter against AP ranked opponents, he was 9-0 while going 185-of-292 (63.4%) for 2,267 yards (251.9 average) with 23 TDs and just 4 interceptions.
    Hard to do all of that if holding on to the ball and throwing it is a problem.
    Last edited by Purple Floyd; 01-12-2013 at 11:50 AM.

Seems he did fine in college. Do they use a bigger ball in the pros?
    The minimum circumference of a college ball is 20-3/4"
    The minimum circumference of a NFL ball is 21"

I believe we went thru this when Culpepper was here & he dropped a lot of balls due to his small hands.

Blog Entries
    It may have been due to other things. Like I originally said, it seems pretty hypocritical to judge one player without ever seeing them play based on something that never limited them before yet think you need 26 starts from someone else.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234