Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Johnny Football.

Anyone else watch him play this year? Freshman QB who reminds me of Brady when he stands in the pocket and RG3 when he runs.

If there is anything the team can do to get this guy in the draft when he comes out they should do it.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Anyone else watch him play this year? Freshman QB who reminds me of Brady when he stands in the pocket and RG3 when he runs.

If there is anything the team can do to get this guy in the draft when he comes out they should do it.
    Start Joe for 16 games next year at QB.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post

Johnny Football is not eligible until at least 2014.

Unfortunately at that time Ponder will still be young & still learning & still have not had enough starts yet.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post

Unfortunately at that time Ponder will still be young & still learning & still have not had enough starts yet.
    No kidding huh? When is enough is enough? Sick of being a fan of a franchise that just doesn't get it.

Pretty sure next year is make or break for CP. I would not be at all surprised if we use a mid round pick on a QB this year.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    Pretty sure next year is make or break for CP. I would not be at all surprised if we use a mid round pick on a QB this year.
    I was being sarcastic.

This year was supposed to be make or break for Ponder (26 starts). Now it will be next year will be make or break for Ponder (42 starts)

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Wasn't it in his third year that Brees suddenly became a good QB. Unfortunately, the Chargers had already given up on him and used their 1st pick on a QB. then he blossomed. Not saying it WILL happen for CP. Just saying it could.

If it doesn't we're screwed.

I was being sarcastic.

This year was supposed to be make or break for Ponder (26 starts). Now it will be next year will be make or break for Ponder (42 starts)
    It wasn't supposed to be make or break this year for CP in the teams mind. They have said repeatedly they are working in a three year plan for him. It was only considered a make or break in the minds of some on here.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    It wasn't supposed to be make or break this year for CP in the teams mind. They have said repeatedly they are working in a three year plan for him. It was only considered a make or break in the minds of some on here.
    The way I see it, we fix the other holes this year, most notably by adding 2 WRs with a chance of getting open deep, and bolster our defense with some depth improvements at DT, CB, and LB. Then, if Ponder fails in year three he is out of excuses and we'll have the talent to pick another QB or attract a FA QB who can succeed with the team we'll have around them.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post
    The way I see it, we fix the other holes this year, most notably by adding 2 WRs with a chance of getting open deep, and bolster our defense with some depth improvements at DT, CB, and LB. Then, if Ponder fails in year three he is out of excuses and we'll have the talent to pick another QB or attract a FA QB who can succeed with the team we'll have around them.
    That sounds like an excellent plan. It seems that is the direction the front office is headed also.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast