Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

John Sullivan Strikes It Rich?

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Re:John Sullivan Strikes It Rich?

Nice to see the NFL Players Union, working for the players, and actaully doing something good. Congrats Sully, you earned it. Sully will only get better, with each and every passing year.

Wish I could say the same about our Laborer's and Carpenter's Unions in the State of CT. They are a joke these days....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

It's funny how there is a clause they can redeem money if their performace is disproportionate to their salary. What if their salary was disproportionate to their performance? Should the teams be able to get that back? Of course I know the answer but it defintiely brings up a good topic of discussion.

I know most don't agree with me, however, I feel that Sully played just as good, if not better, than Matt did his last year with us.

In the end, I still believe he is a keeper. Can't wait to see him this year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    I know most don't agree with me, however, I feel that Sully played just as good, if not better, than Matt did his last year with us.
    Your not alone, Marrdro. I also believe he did a good job in his first year as a starter. He's apparently very smart on the field, and I think (hope) he can play for many many more seasons.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

ejmat wrote:
    It's funny how there is a clause they can redeem money if their performace is disproportionate to their salary. What if their salary was disproportionate to their performance? Should the teams be able to get that back? Of course I know the answer but it defintiely brings up a good topic of discussion.
    Then they get cut, and the remainder of their contract is voided.

Considering Sully got the largest amount and it was $400,000 I am okay with this. I would like to know more about it though. Does that then count against our salary cap for 09 or 10?

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:

Think most people have been spoilt with having two pro-bowl centers in succession playing for us. Many expected Birk to bomb when he stepped in for Christy but he didn't. Sully is the same, he might not have been at a pro-bowl level but he did pretty good IMO.
    I'm looking to see how he performs this year as well, as long as we see improvement and a solid season then I'll be happy.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

jmcdon00 wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    Then they get cut, and the remainder of their contract is voided.

Considering Sully got the largest amount and it was $400,000 I am okay with this. I would like to know more about it though. Does that then count against our salary cap for 09 or 10?
    I was eondering that myself.

HEY wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Your not alone, Marrdro. I also believe he did a good job in his first year as a starter. He's apparently very smart on the field, and I think (hope) he can play for many many more seasons.
    I wish he had a bit more ass though. Seems to get pushed around a bit by the bigger NT's.

Glad there aren't alot of them out there.

AngloVike wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

Think most people have been spoilt with having two pro-bowl centers in succession playing for us. Many expected Birk to bomb when he stepped in for Christy but he didn't. Sully is the same, he might not have been at a pro-bowl level but he did pretty good IMO.
    I'm looking to see how he performs this year as well, as long as we see improvement and a solid season then I'll be happy.
    Most of them have moved on with respect to Birk, mostly cause of the way he played (or didn't) over in Baltimore.

When you look at the two of them, one would think that ole Matt would have dominanted statistically but he didn't.

Matt gave up 2 QB sacks (Sully 4)
    Matt gave up 2 QB hits (Sully 4)
    Matt gave up 10 QB presures (Sully 8)

Profootball Focus

Almost a wash. Course I also think that Herrera and Hutch's play declined a bit this year because they were helping Sully a bit.

I assume the coaching staff expected that a bit and believe that will be fixed this year now that he has a year of real game action under his belt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast