Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    LOL, well played. Its kindof funny how threads like this just don't seem to get the play they deserve.

I kind of feel sorry for Sully, he will labor in the trenches for several more years doing top 5 work at his position but because he replaced a fan favorite, he will be overlooked when all he did is step up when asked and perform at a top level when he did.
    I think Marrdro is more butt hurt over the fact that fans don't shower Sullivan with love than what Sullivan does. Just because fans don't make it a point to say how good of a center he is, doesn't mean they don't feel that way.

I'm guessing Sullivan felt the same way stepping into Birk shoes as Birk did stepping into Christy's shoes who felt the same way stepping in to Lowdermilk's shoes as did Swilley stepping into Tinglehoff's shoes.

With the exception of Sams in 84 & the clusterfuck of a carousel we had playing center in 2005, the Vikings have always had very good/great centers. That in a whole tends to go unnoticed.
    Last edited by singersp; 05-05-2013 at 08:44 AM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Excuse me if I'm wrong, but was Marrdro not the one who said Sullivan was underweight and no good? I remember at least that several on here wanted to can his ass.

Tried to dig up the old threads, but they didn't show up.

I remember that in his first year I felt like I was the only one who wanted to go on with him as our center. Now he's one of the best in the league.

God it feels good to be right!

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    LOL, well played. Its kindof funny how threads like this just don't seem to get the play they deserve.

I kind of feel sorry for Sully, he will labor in the trenches for several more years doing top 5 work at his position but because he replaced a fan favorite, he will be overlooked when all he did is step up when asked and perform at a top level when he did.
    I think Marrdro is more butt hurt over the fact that fans don't shower Sullivan with love than what Sullivan does. Just because fans don't make it a point to say how good of a center he is, doesn't mean they don't feel that way.

I'm guessing Sullivan felt the same way stepping into Birk shoes as Birk did stepping into Christy's shoes who felt the same way stepping in to Lowdermilk's shoes as did Swiley stepping into Tinglehoff's shoes.

With the exception of Sams in 83-84 & the clusterfuck of a carousel we had playing center in 2005, the Vikings have always had very good/great centers. That in a whole tends to go unnoticed.
    Who is Swiley?

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Who is Swiley?
    Typo, it Should read Swilley. But if you don't know him either...........

Dennis Swilley NFL Football Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Typo, it Should read Swilley. But if you don't know him either...........

Dennis Swilley NFL Football Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com
    Nah, I knew him and knew who you meant. Just had to bust your chops a little. lol.

In an unrelated subject, for some reason after a long absence this damn thing keeps popping up again every time I try to use one of the little smiley things.

One more step to access www.purplepride.org

CAPTCHA:

Optional message for site owner (100 characters max):

View advanced details and evidence regarding your restriction

Your action has triggered the website's security system because of a phrase or content in your submission. Often automated bots will try to post spam campaigns (like ads for Rolex watches or medications) or injection attacks on websites. This website is taking precaution to stop these automated threats. If you are reading this, then you are likely a human trying to post a comment or log in to the website. Continue by entering the CAPTCHA.

What happened?

The security system for this website has been triggered because of a phrase or content in your submission. If you are reading this, you are most likely a human visitor trying to log in or post a comment that triggered the system.

When will this restriction go away?

This restriction will disappear when your computer or mobile device is cleaned and no more harmful behavior is detected. Completing the challenge above proves you are a human and gives you temporary access. You can ask the website owner to permanently whitelist you.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    Well stop trying to spam us PF. LOL Try dumping your cookies and cache for this site and log in again with your password.

WWBGD

Blog Entries
    Funny thing is it does it on 2 different computers I am using.

I know, I am just spamming this site with positivity. That kind of thing has got to come to an end!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    Well stop trying to spam us PF. LOL Try dumping your cookies and cache for this site and log in again with your password.

Did that. Got this:

One more step to access www.purplepride.org

CAPTCHA:

Optional message for site owner (100 characters max):

View advanced details and evidence regarding your restriction

Your action has triggered the website's security system because of a phrase or content in your submission. Often automated bots will try to post spam campaigns (like ads for Rolex watches or medications) or injection attacks on websites. This website is taking precaution to stop these automated threats. If you are reading this, then you are likely a human trying to post a comment or log in to the website. Continue by entering the CAPTCHA.

What happened?

The security system for this website has been triggered because of a phrase or content in your submission. If you are reading this, you are most likely a human visitor trying to log in or post a comment that triggered the system.

When will this restriction go away?

This restriction will disappear when your computer or mobile device is cleaned and no more harmful behavior is detected. Completing the challenge above proves you are a human and gives you temporary access. You can ask the website owner to permanently whitelist you.

Your IP: 74.44.52.77 Help Performance & Security by CloudFlare

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    Hmmmm. Seems to need someone above my pay grade. LOL I don't have access to the admin panel to see what the restriction is or if I can white list you. I can ban you LOL but not adjust the security settings. It could be that a spammer is or was spoofing you IP and triggered the security system so now you have a restriction on your IP#. Send Shockzilla a pm about it he has admin access.

WWBGD

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast