Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Is John Sullivan The NFL's Best Center?

Here's what PFF has to say about Sullivan:
    Our top-ranked center on the year, the Vikings' running game wasn't just about Adrian Peterson. No, center Sullivan deserves a lot of credit for building on his breakout 2011 to have an even better year where his ability to get defenders going where he wanted rightfully gets him inside the Top 30.
    Best Performance: Week 16 at Houston, +6.3
    Key Stat: Flagged for just two penalties all year.
    Is John Sullivan The NFL's Best Center? - Daily Norseman
    I think I know what most on here will automatically think, but hey, they are the same ones that thought Birk was still playing at a high level when we moved on.

As for me, I think I'd rank the top 5 as

1. Wendell
    2. Unger
    3. Sully
    4. Mangold (Almost a tie with Sully)
    5. De La Puenta

I knock Sully down because although he really shines in the running game, he has some issues when it comes to pass blocking which, if push comes to shove, I could attribute to some of the inconsistency at RG last year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    I wouldn't say the best.... but who knows, now that Birk has retired maybe he is the best.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    I wouldn't say the best.... but who knows, now that Birk has retired maybe he is the best.
    LOL, well played. Its kindof funny how threads like this just don't seem to get the play they deserve.

I kindof feel sorry for Sully, he will labor in the trenches for several more years doing top 5 work at his position but because he replaced a fan favorite, he will be overlooked when all he did is step up when asked and perform at a top level when he did.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Why don't we ask the MVP? Haha. That pro bowl snub last year probably made me more mad than any snub I can remember in recent memory. I was livid. Of all people... Jeff Saturday. I heard it for 2 weeks straight here in Indy.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator
    You said it, MM. Saturday was a great player and a great guy for the Colts, but he took several steps backward this past season. Lackluster would be about the best I could say. This was a classic example of Pro Bowl by reputation.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

No, but he does enough to be an asset.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    I bet if we win a super bowl while he is snapping the ball then a lot of people will agree with the title of this thread. He is definitely one of the best in the NFL. Its hard to measure because a center doesn't have a lot in the way of stats.

WWBGD

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    I bet if we win a super bowl while he is snapping the ball then a lot of people will agree with the title of this thread. He is definitely one of the best in the NFL. Its hard to measure because a center doesn't have a lot in the way of stats.
    Only 2 penalties called in 16 games started! That's about as impressive a stat you can have as a center.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Well it is tough for a center to have a false start or off sides penalty,

Randy Moss is offline Pro-Bowler
    Yes, he's been a top five center for two years now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast