Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: John Lynch

Viking-Moss84 is offline Waterboy

John Lynch

Lynch, although a great safety, would be an absolute waste of money if signed by the Vikings. We don't need him at all.
    I'd like to see the Raiders (my 2nd fav. team) sign him though!

[^]
    A male Packer fan once told me:
    "Birth-control pills are useless...I ate 6 of them the other day but still got my sister pregnant!"

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

John Lynch

Lynch can come up and support the run defense I did not see that from the Viking safties last year! The reason the Viking safties had so many int's last year was they both stayed back and played center field!
    can we clone Bud Grant?

Claiborne55 is offline Rookie

John Lynch

I still say Lynch might be worth a short deal if the price was right, but saying that Russel and Chavous don't play the run is wrog. The fact that they have so many tackles goes to show that they both can come up in run support.

gpete13 is offline Starter

John Lynch

I read that Russell was one of only a few players to play every possible down for his position. Not bad. That would translate to getting alot of experience. I think staying away from him is a good idea, and I dont even think he is thinking about the Vikings. Hes going to to be a Jet or Colt (if they can sign him). There will be more releases during the summer that any free money should go to.

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

John Lynch

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by VikemanX84

No, he sounds like a ignorant dumbass, just like his friend Mossvile.

Name me a better safety tandom. Are you saying just because they were tested, and DID WONDERFULLY on that test that we shouldn't be sold on them? (I was refering to your "Our LBs missed a lot of tackles" statement). We know we can count on them, but that doesn't prove anything... BRILLIANT!!! They Pick off, passes, they are always around the ball, and they made opposing QBs worry. You see, the fact that our CBs aren't good doesn't take anything away from them, it just adds to what they are doing. They are safeties and they are making plays and picking off passes, with little help from CBs. Is that not what we want?

You say all they do is pick off passes. Thats why I added the Tackles as a stat. It shows they are doing more than just picking-off passes.

You guys sure are funny as hell. We have a piss-poor defense for years and all you do is complain about it. Then we actually have a group we can and SHOULD be DAMN PROUD OF, and you complain about FOR NO LOGICAL REASON.

OUr Defense ranked low, I know, but thats all based on yards. Guess who DOMINATED every single yardage stat is the second bears game of the season? The Vikes. Who won that game? The Bears. The 49ers threw for almost as many yards as Gus Frerotte and the Vikes did and they ran for a lot of yardage. Who Dominated that game? THE VIKES 35 - 7. The number 1 thing a defense must do is stop points from beign scored. Considering we held some of the most feared offenses to lows in points (49ers, Seahawks, Chiefs, Broncos - not their actualy lows, but among them) I say we did that fairly well, EXCEPT for about 5 games. Winfield will correct that, I believe. We won't get beat on the edges where our CBs are, which is where virtually all the yardage in our losses came from, and that was our one problem on defense. Unfortunately it took 5 weeks to correct. The next best thing a defense can do is create turnovers, not only does it swing momentum, but its get it stops the drive and gives the offense good field position. The Vikings were first in the NFC in INTs.

Anyways, We are so close, a 5 game difference, and when Russell was the difference maker in a decent ammount of our wins, and wasn't the problem for any of our losses, why should we bench him for a declining player that would cost too much? Corey Chavous has my vote for the best safety in teh leage by far. He covers like a corner, hits like a ton of bricks, and he is the smartest player in the NFL. Russell has great instincts and is always around the ball. They are the best Tandom in the league, BAR NONE!
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Corey knows how to tackle. Brian cannot make the big tackles especially versus running backs - Clinton Portis embarassed him.

Yes, they make a lot of picks. But Chavous himself created his own picks and had a hand in a lot of Brian Russels. Lynch is a solid tackler, can beast just about any running back in the NFL, and has a lot of EXPERIENCE. We need to spend 10 mil more, why not on someone worthwhile?

And as for the 'ignorant dumbass' comment, I'd watch the intelligence level of my own posts if I were you. Lately, they've been slipping into the sub-troglodytic range. Before they were just completely vapid, now they're pseudo-analyzed posts that are really a bunch of BS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

John Lynch

woah... I think its time to throw a flag here. There is no reason to attack eachother... everyone is entitled to their own opinion and is allowed to voice that. Jeez.... not much better then jmiller here... just able to use bigger words.

John Lynch

Perhaps, but I'm sick of the zealotry.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

John Lynch

hmmmm... how about this. You don't like what someone has to say and you want to make it a personal arguement? Why do you take that up in private messages. Leave it out of the boards... arguements are fine... thats what keeps it interesting, but when the names start flying thats when it gets ridiculous (and I'll be the first to point out that I don't know what half of those words mean... hehehe)

jmiller1 is offline Rookie

John Lynch

i think we need sapp and him they both are good players

John Lynch

Not trying to be bombastic or anything, but he called me a dumbass. I simply retaliated, not even maliciously.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast