Muggsy is offline Asst. Coach

John Czarnecki don't like us

I skipped da udda teams and just showed da Vikes. You can find da rest here: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5619814
    ================================================
    Looking at the best and worst QB situations

John Czarnecki / FOXSports.com

OK, everyone writes and says too much about quarterback play. It happens every season.

But in the end, just like last season's playoffs, quarterbacks tend to deliver a championship. Ben Roethlisberger saved his worst postseason performance for the Super Bowl, but the Pittsburgh Steelers never would have added a fifth Vince Lombardi Trophy to their display case without Big Ben's stellar play in wins over Indianapolis and Denver.

Three teams helped themselves greatly this off-season with quarterback acquisitions; New Orleans, Miami and Chicago all made significant deals with veteran quarterbacks.

The Bears signed journeyman Brian Griese, thus giving the NFC North champions a tremendous security blanket should Rex Grossman end another season on the injury list. Just the presence of Griese guarantees that the Bears will be a heavy favorite to repeat as champs.

The Saints finally ended their failed relationship with Aaron Brooks (now in Oakland) and acquired Drew Brees, one of the game's most-competitive players at the position. Brees has excelled in a run-first offense in San Diego, and he should do the same with the Saints — who will have a backfield of Deuce McAlister and rookie Reggie Bush. Rookie head coach Sean Payton is salivating at the offensive possibilities. The Dolphins really haven't had a quarterback since Dan Marino in his prime, but Daunte Culpepper gives them a playmaker that is capable of 4,000 yards and 30 touchdowns. Don't worry, Culpepper will be ready.

But it's the flip side of the NFL where quarterback trouble is brewing and those storylines are the most intriguing. Here's how I rank the potential quarterback disasters: 1) San Diego; 2) Minnesota; 3) Detroit; 4) New York Jets; 5) Buffalo; 6) Houston and 7) Tennessee. Let's examine them city-by-city:

Minnesota: In one year's time, the Vikings have taken an unbelievable free fall. They have traded the magical duo of Randy Moss and Daunte Culpepper while also developing into one of the most dysfunctional front offices in the league. They have already fired their top personnel man in Fran Foley, who wasn't qualified to begin with. Kevin Warren, who was dumped by the Rams and Lions, has stirred the pot internally, and first-time head coach Brad Childress is counting on immobile Brad Johnson and the thoroughly inaccurate Mike McMahon to make the Vikings competitive. It is definitely asking way too much, considering the running back stable is bare, and Troy Williamson must emerge immediately as a 80-catch receiver. It's funny to think that this organization had more stability with Red McCombs and Denny Green running the show. Well, at least they were feared on Sundays.
    ===============================================
    Well, we might as well quit now, y'know? Dis guy is supposed to be an expoit, so he knows it all! :lol:
    "From the fury of the Northmen, O Lord, save us!"
    -- From a monestary in Ireland.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: John Czarnecki don't like us

Scarnaked is an IDIOT who showed that he did NO research for his article regarding the Vikes...Brad is NOT immobile (he's obviously not Michael Vick...but then Michael Vick doesn't have a Super Bowl ring either), the RB situation is definitely not what you would call BARE (even though I DID want us to draft DeAngelo, I still think we will be able to run the ball effectively with our revamped OL) and TWill doesn't HAVE to be an 80-catch WR immediately (although that would be cool for sure) since we do have KRob as well as two other very experienced WRs who can make catches.

DO YOUR HOMEWORK, CZARA$$HOLE!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

lets see.. taylor moore & fason for RB's..

TWill has to emerge, when we have marcus & koren robinson and travis taylor as qualified WR's with a catching TE like wiggins.. twill doesnt need to take the blunt of the catches

"Immobile Brad Johnson", obviously he cant start, i mean not like he was a winning QB as a starter last year (oh wait....)

"The magical duo of Randy Moss & Dante Culpepper" yeah, since they won us a Super Bowl. Not saying i wouldnt mind having them (DISCIPLINED) on our team, with an improved defense, but i'd rather have an ok offense with a good defense.. then a throw it up star-studded offense with a shitty defense etc etc..... with that "magical duo" we were forced to be a high scoring offense since our defense couldnt stop people from scoring....

do some research or find a new job

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Kdub4MVP is offline Rookie

ya but u gotta admit it was a hell of alot more exciting to watch the vikes play during the period when we had that "magical dou", as opposed to now or anytime in the foreseeable future. even if our defense was laugable

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Ahh this season is going to be great.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"Kdub4MVP" wrote:
    ya but u gotta admit it was a hell of alot more exciting to watch the vikes play during the period when we had that "magical dou", as opposed to now or anytime in the foreseeable future. even if our defense was laugable
    i know, i fuçking loved those days when we'd ahve a good game, and i'd be swearing and unbelievably mad when we'd be losing a game because our defense was crap and we couldnt do anything on offense.. those were emotional games lol

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

Eh.. It's all speculation at this point. For all Czarnecki knows Williamson could become an 80 reception, 1200 yard receiver. Taylor could become a 300 carry, 1200 yard running back. Then again, they might now. Of course we're all hoping they will be.

We'll have a slightly better idea at camp.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

"Muggsy" wrote:
    I skipped da udda teams and just showed da Vikes. You can find da rest here: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5619814
    ================================================
    Looking at the best and worst QB situations

John Czarnecki / FOXSports.com

OK, everyone writes and says too much about quarterback play. It happens every season.

But in the end, just like last season's playoffs, quarterbacks tend to deliver a championship. Ben Roethlisberger saved his worst postseason performance for the Super Bowl, but the Pittsburgh Steelers never would have added a fifth Vince Lombardi Trophy to their display case without Big Ben's stellar play in wins over Indianapolis and Denver.

Three teams helped themselves greatly this off-season with quarterback acquisitions; New Orleans, Miami and Chicago all made significant deals with veteran quarterbacks.

The Bears signed journeyman Brian Griese, thus giving the NFC North champions a tremendous security blanket should Rex Grossman end another season on the injury list. Just the presence of Griese guarantees that the Bears will be a heavy favorite to repeat as champs.

The Saints finally ended their failed relationship with Aaron Brooks (now in Oakland) and acquired Drew Brees, one of the game's most-competitive players at the position. Brees has excelled in a run-first offense in San Diego, and he should do the same with the Saints — who will have a backfield of Deuce McAlister and rookie Reggie Bush. Rookie head coach Sean Payton is salivating at the offensive possibilities. The Dolphins really haven't had a quarterback since Dan Marino in his prime, but Daunte Culpepper gives them a playmaker that is capable of 4,000 yards and 30 touchdowns. Don't worry, Culpepper will be ready.
    But it's the flip side of the NFL where quarterback trouble is brewing and those storylines are the most intriguing. Here's how I rank the potential quarterback disasters: 1) San Diego; 2) Minnesota; 3) Detroit; 4) New York Jets; 5) Buffalo; 6) Houston and 7) Tennessee. Let's examine them city-by-city:

Minnesota: In one year's time, the Vikings have taken an unbelievable free fall. They have traded the magical duo of Randy Moss and Daunte Culpepper while also developing into one of the most dysfunctional front offices in the league. They have already fired their top personnel man in Fran Foley, who wasn't qualified to begin with. Kevin Warren, who was dumped by the Rams and Lions, has stirred the pot internally, and first-time head coach Brad Childress is counting on immobile Brad Johnson and the thoroughly inaccurate Mike McMahon to make the Vikings competitive. It is definitely asking way too much, considering the running back stable is bare, and Troy Williamson must emerge immediately as a 80-catch receiver. It's funny to think that this organization had more stability with Red McCombs and Denny Green running the show. Well, at least they were feared on Sundays.
    ===============================================
    Well, we might as well quit now, y'know? Dis guy is supposed to be an expoit, so he knows it all! :lol:

That right there leads me to beleive this guy has no clue what hes talking about. How does he know Daunte will be ready? He suffered a very serious injury.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

portis26 is offline Waterboy

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

I love the part of the dysfunctional front office. I mean, stadium could be resolved mext year, fran foley was fired ecause of his bull))_)_) and Wilf and CO. I think have been more hands on with this team than anyone other owner.
    Get a new Job dips_t