Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

Re: John Clayton says Vikes may pursue TO in the offseason

Just imagine TO getting into it with Mike Tice..

never underestimate the power of Tice' pencil.

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

tice will have the entire vikings team backing him over TO

SWAYZE74 is offline Starter

well..anyone remeber the "addition by subtraction" we were fed lst year and alot of us..myself included bought into it...well i bet we could get TO pretty cheap...his value dropped like a rock...however the man can catch a ball and will free up Nate for all those crossing routes he lived off of when randy was here...granted TO had a bad attitude..but if the eagles woulda payed him..they coulda avoided alot of this mess...i say 1 year deal...maybe 2 tops...imho...TO is the second best WR next to randy...
    peace...

If we did pursue TO, there's no way he would take a one year deal.

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

I agree with Shawn...the last thing the Vikings need is to bring in someone who will make us a weekly headline for all the wrong reasons again.

It's interesting to me that there is no talk about TO going to a team like New England, who could also use his football talents...because the Pats would never consider making someone like TO a part of their franchise. They find other ways to win, and so should we.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
    Word!

vikesfan is offline Starter

NO WAY!! Here's why:

The Eagles have always been a very, very highly respected and well run team. They make smart moves, have lots of "class" (despite what T.O. says), and are run like a top professional football organization. With all these things considered, T.O. still managed to single handedly rip this team apart. He completely tore them up. What in the world would he do to the Vikings organization if given a chance???? This guy is bad news, regardless of what numbers he puts up. He has caused problems for years. I have never been able to stand the guy, as he is the ultimate definition of selfish, greedy, and arrogant. With what has happened the last couple of weeks, he has even outdone himself. He has really gone over the top, proving that the ONLY thing this guy cares about is himself. The Vikes do not want this guy and I sure hope that they don't even consider trying to pursue him.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Just another guy who gets paid to make crazy predictions.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"magicci" wrote:
    did u hit ur head?
    I hit my head when I was 3 and that is how I became a Vikings fan. When I came to, I was sitting in front of the TV watching the Vikes play.

I would go after him, with a very descriptive contract stating the if he gets "mouthy," he will be home without pay. If he doesn't sign it, we don't sign him. It is that clear. Also, no scheduling interviews unless it is through the Vikings Front Office. Also, I would have a liason in the front office just for To. I know that some say we shouldn't have to babysit the guy. But if I could get him to sign a contract like that and keep him from playing for another team, it is a win win situation. TO doesn't do the off the field crap like fighting and getting drunk and DUI and and and. He just needs to show up and play ball and keep his mouth shut.

Fact is he won't want to sign it.

I don't think he will be here next year, but I would throw an offer at him. Heck if he was willing to sign it and live by it, to play for the Vikes, that would mean he wants to "play ball" with the the contract that would be good for him and for us.

TO
    Burley
    K-Rob
    M-Rob
    T-Roy
    TT

We have some good WRs here, I don't know how we would even fit him on the team. It would be a slap in the face to Moss. But the Moss decision is on the hands of the old regime.

It wasn't even worth my time and effort to rationalize it cause it more than likely won't happen.

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

I'd be willing to risk it. T.O. is a force in this league, and a player who's talent I definately have a respect for. A player like him could really get this offense rolling.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast