Thread: John Clayton

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

John Clayton

This is from an article I read in a fantasy football newsletter that I recieve. The author spoke at a fantasy football conference in Ohio where John Clayton was the headlining speaker. They following is from his notes on that talk.

Minnesota = Top 3 Team in the NFC - Clayton singled out Minnesota by
    saying that the team's made enough improvements on defense to consider
    the Vikings "easily among the top 3 teams in the conference."

Our Thoughts: We think the defense will be middle of the pack, which
    is good enough when you have Culpepper, Moss, Bennett and that
    offensive line.
    Just more evidence that the Vikings are not going to be overlooked this year by the national media. (Who do you think Clayton puts above the Vikings? My guess is Carolina and Philadelphia, not necessarily in that order.)

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

John Clayton

I never really listen to them analysis anyways alot of them are wrong and they are very rarly right, but everyone still listens to them. As far as middle of the pack i hope they can do better than that, although it would proly work out becasue of the vikes offense. I dont see philly in the top three without a running game i could honestly say i think the packers could beat the eagles at this point. The eagles have been hamered on injuries. They have no RB's one WR and a unproven secondary although i do like Lito Shepard (i believe) play at the CB position. I just dont know where all the hype is coming from i guess Mcnabb and TO but u need more than that to win Superbowls. Those analysis are looserd once a team starts kicking butt at the begining of the season they jump all over there bandwagon and forget about the team they were praising (unless its the cowboys). Bottom line dont listen to them they arn't right very often. This league is unpredictable.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Re: John Clayton

"josdin00" wrote:
    This is from an article I read in a fantasy football newsletter that I recieve. The author spoke at a fantasy football conference in Ohio where John Clayton was the headlining speaker. They following is from his notes on that talk.

Minnesota = Top 3 Team in the NFC - Clayton singled out Minnesota by
    saying that the team's made enough improvements on defense to consider
    the Vikings "easily among the top 3 teams in the conference."

Our Thoughts: We think the defense will be middle of the pack, which
    is good enough when you have Culpepper, Moss, Bennett and that
    offensive line.
    Just more evidence that the Vikings are not going to be overlooked this year by the national media. (Who do you think Clayton puts above the Vikings? My guess is Carolina and Philadelphia, not necessarily in that order.)

I would bet anything that clayton has Phily and seattle ahead of us.

Whenever clayton talks, I listen. He hasn't really had much good to say about the vikes for a while now, but he has this year. He is definitely the one analyst I respect a lot. He knows his stuff and is right a lot of the time. Sure it means nothing that an analyst thinks we are one of the top 3 teams in the NFC, but it is nice to hear, especially from a guy as respected as clayton. Hope are players aren't listening to these guys who think we are gonna be good.

pepper 0n moss is offline Pro-Bowler

John Clayton

i like it better when we don't receive national media cos we have no pressure to do well.

with the talent we have, anything short of a superbowl victory should be considered a failure.

honestly, i think we have the best damn team postion for position.

our toughest opposition will be ourselves and of course, the injury bug.