Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    What is the real scoop on him? Is he just dinged up so he can't get on the field or is his give a dahmn busted?

This is a Minnesota kid that is still young (drafted in 2008)...... if he ever gets healthy he MIGHT be able to contribute......but it sure doesnt look (at this point) that he will ever live up to his 5 year, 25mil contract.

After 7 games and VERY LIMITED playing time..... the Vikes need to either cut him, put him on IR for a fresh start next year, or get him on the field. As a fan......Im probably a bit quick on the trigger......I would say, cut him and get someone on the active roster that can contribute SOMETHING...ANYTHING. Long term, they are probably better off to get him through his injury issues and allow Rudolph and Carlson to be the Notre Dame TE dynamic duo!! It seams to be working for New England when their guys are healthy.
    I'd much rather see the Packers miss the playoffs because of their talent then because of their injuries.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    He signed a $25M contract for 5 years.... he was a suspect signing then... especially bc of his injury history... but even moreso because we have Rudolph and other guys who are just as good and cheaper...

When we signed him i really thought we'd employ the NE type of 2-te offense or the Old vikings version of the 2 TE's.. Guess that was hoping for too much... either way he's a bust!!.. and was a bad signing when we did...

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    I remember I complained about the signing and everyone told me to stop bashing it. He had 1 good season as a rookie and then was hurt and then lastly, he simply got beat out for the starting job. Money should have been spent on another WR.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedpurple View Post
    He signed a $25M contract for 5 years.... he was a suspect signing then... especially bc of his injury history... but even more so because we have Rudolph and other guys who are just as good and cheaper...
    Carlson has the tools, but I would have liked the Vikings to bring in another wide receiver or an outside linebacker with that cash.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    I remember I complained about the signing and everyone told me to stop bashing it. He had 1 good season as a rookie and then was hurt and then lastly, he simply got beat out for the starting job. Money should have been spent on another WR.
    Weren't the Vikings looking at Pierre Garcon, I think thats where the extra money would have gone for a 20 mil bust........so I guess we got a bit of a bargin at 9

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    BUSTOLA......Period

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12