Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

John Carlson: The $9.1 Million Bust

John Carlson: The $9.1 Million Bust

Iím going to write an article about John Carlson.

Who?

Exactly.

Thatís the most in-depth conversation Iíve had with anyone about John Carlson this season. And quite frankly, it may have gone on too long.

Thatís how off the radar Johnny C is on this Vikings teamóheís so far removed from the football field that we donít even complain about his lack of production. Heís just forgotten.

But itís time to face it, John Carlson is a bust.

Minnesota Vikings John Carlson: The $9.1 Million Bust
    Last edited by singersp; 10-19-2012 at 06:02 AM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    I now know Mr. Carson much better than I ever did. Why? Because I'd never heard of the guy until we got him. And then I asked myself, WTF? Rudolph is the guy and he will continue to get better. Just seems to have the knack.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, I like Rudolph a lot more than Carlson. I doubt we'll see him in purple next year.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    No ones heard of him yet we have two recent threads about him, yet not a single thread on Sunday's opponent.
    I guess it's a good thing if the biggest thing to complain about is the back up tight end.

C Mac D is online now Posting to P'own
    Is anyone surprised by this? Every analyst across the country was calling this the worst signing in the off-season... and it wasn't even close. This signing alone shows Spielman's incompetence. There's no excuse for it.

Hate to say I told you so... but I told you so.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

art1635 is offline Waterboy
    Such a baffling move!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Is anyone surprised by this? Every analyst across the country was calling this the worst signing in the off-season... and it wasn't even close. This signing alone shows Spielman's incompetence. There's no excuse for it.

Hate to say I told you so... but I told you so.
    What analysts were calling it the worst signing in the off-season?

And yes, if you look at this signing and only this signing, it does look bad for Spielman. Luckily there was a lot of other off season activity that looks good for Spielman, starting with the draft class.

I'll give you the I told you so for Carlson - you were right in that regard. However, I don't concede to your opinion of Spielman, not yet at least anyway.

(And I don't think you hate saying I told you so either. )
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Yeah, I like Rudolph a lot more than Carlson. I doubt we'll see him in purple next year.
    I liked Rudolph before we even took a peek at Carlson & wondered why he wasn't used more. Wouldn't have keeping Shiancoe been less money?

I guess with Shiancoe & Jimmy K. being gone, Spielman felt the need to sign another TE. Another blocking TE like Jimmy would have been nice, he didn't have to catch a ton of passes, but I don't even think JC has great blocking skills. I certainly haven't heard talk of it.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I liked Rudolph before we even took a peek at Carlson & wondered why he wasn't used more. Wouldn't have keeping Shiancoe been less money?

I guess with Shiancoe & Jimmy K. being gone, Spielman felt the need to sign another TE. Another blocking TE like Jimmy would have been nice, he didn't have to catch a ton of passes, but I don't even think JC has great blocking skills. I certainly haven't heard talk of it.
    Agreed completely. I was scratching my head on this pickup - but was willing to give it a chance. Well, he had his chance. And so far he has been a bust.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

iowa is offline Rookie
    Yeah, he's looked like a bust so far but there is a lot of season left.I'm still hoping he can make a contribution. A couple of game changing catches can turn him from a zero to a hero.He's got talent, he was good for Seattle when he was healthy, it's too soon to call him a bust.As far as Spielman goes, he looks pretty damn good to me, lots of contribtion from his draft class this year.
    None

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast