Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Joe Webb switching to WR

Non story... wouldn't be surprised if the Vikes took the Tennessee, Arkansas, or Arizona QB at some point in the 4th Round.

Webb will be cut or the last WR...

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    Non story... wouldn't be surprised if the Vikes took the Tennessee, Arkansas, or Arizona QB at some point in the 4th Round.

I'd like to have him as that last receiver spot. Use him the same way the Jets used Brad Smith.

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post

From the sounds of it Bray (Tenn) will not be around in the fourth, if you want him better get him in the second maybe the third but even the third sounds like a risk.

Wilson (Ark) may be there, he is another one who is hard to figure because he has a great arm and measurables for the NFL, he just has a brain fart every now and again. I would say early fourth for him.

Scott (ariz) should be there but he impressed at the combine and is gaining momentum. I would say late fourth round right now but with a week to go you never know who might fall in love with him.

So my guess would be Bray late second, early third round pick

Wilson- late third early fourth

Scott- mid to late fourth round pick.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    It's not like it would be hard to learn the routes Ponder's capable of throwing with accuracy.

Run 5 yards, stop turn catch the ball.

Run 5 yards, turn, run right, catch the ball.

Run 5 yards, turn, run left, catch the ball.

Stand at LOS, turn towards QB, catch the ball.

Still spewing forth that drivel?

QB Ponder to WR Wright, 65-yd, pass - NFL Videos

Give the kid a WR that can get open and he can get it there. FACT, not drivel.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Comeon people.....Two facts....

1. Webb won't turn into a reciever.
    2. Burton won't be on the team next year.

We will have the following as our 5 WR's.

1. Simpson - X - This year he won't come in and play out of position and will be allowed to just focus on running 7, 8 and 9 routes.

Believe it or not, Singer doesn't, there are a hell of alot more WR's in this league (aka Moss) who can't run the intermediate stuff (4, 5, and 6 routes) and will look like crap trying to do it.

That, along with an injury, were his major problems last year.

2. Wright - Y - Anyone see how well this kid played when he was finally allowed to play. You know, after Percy did his little fit and couldn't throw more fits with the kid on the roster?

3. Z, Y and X - Jennings. The ole X PUKER won me over with his press conference.

4. Rookie (1rs or 2nd round). I have them taking Patterson but would love to see them get Woods, Hunter or Hopkins. All three, especially Hunter can come in and play all 3 positions. Patterson on the other hand will struggle with the WCO route tree, but it doesn't matter, he will have time to learn it and still be productive behind our starting 3.

5. Rookie later rounds....(I have them taking Chris Harper at 4-120). He will make the roster if Childs doesn't. My guess Childs will be kept on the PS again this year.

Chris Harper, WR, Kansas State, NFL Draft - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

Long story longer, doesn't leave much room for a QB that was projected to be a WR that was moved back to QB that now is going to be moved to WR and Burton.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    1. Simpson - X - This year he won't come in and play out of position and will be allowed to just focus on running 7, 8 and 9 routes.

Believe it or not, Singer doesn't, there are a hell of alot more WR's in this league (aka Moss) who can't run the intermediate stuff (4, 5, and 6 routes) and will look like crap trying to do it.

That, along with an injury, were his major problems last year.

2. Wright - Y - Anyone see how well this kid played when he was finally allowed to play. You know, after Percy did his little fit and couldn't throw more fits with the kid on the roster?

3. Z, Y and X - Jennings. The ole X PUKER won me over with his press conference.

4. Rookie (1rs or 2nd round). I have them taking Patterson but would love to see them get Woods, Hunter or Hopkins. All three, especially Hunter can come in and play all 3 positions. Patterson on the other hand will struggle with the WCO route tree, but it doesn't matter, he will have time to learn it and still be productive behind our starting 3.

5. Rookie later rounds....(I have them taking Chris Harper at 4-120). He will make the roster if Childs doesn't. My guess Childs will be kept on the PS again this year.

Chris Harper, WR, Kansas State, NFL Draft - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

Long story longer, doesn't leave much room for a QB that was projected to be a WR that was moved back to QB that now is going to be moved to WR and Burton.
    I like that a lot, Marrdro. Great post!
    That's exactly the type of guys we have on our roster now. Funny, I haven't given it much thought. If Simpson can play to his potential and all three can stay healthy we will have a complete offense. Hell, maybe even Greg Childs can breakout from off the bench.

The question marks are too big to not draft a receiver in day one or day two though. The bad thing is that everyone (including me) are screaming for a WR in this draft, but reality is that receivers will take more time to adjust to the NFL than almost any other position. So if we are talking win right now we can't expect too much out of the rookie receiver this year. Just to keep in mind.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by HEY View Post
    I like that a lot, Marrdro. Great post!
    That's exactly the type of guys we have on our roster now. Funny, I haven't given it much thought. If Simpson can play to his potential and all three can stay healthy we will have a complete offense. Hell, maybe even Greg Childs can breakout from off the bench.
    The idea that all 3 WR's are going to dramatically improve over last year is wishful thinking or purple shades. All three combined had 950yards and 6TD last year. We need help at WR in a big way.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I have been saying all along that we don't need a shit ton of new WR's and tha if anything all we really have room for is one more this year.

They are committed to Jennings and Wright and they have Simpson. That is really all we need except maybe backups in case of injury. We are not going to go 4 or 5 wide in this offense and more than not we will only have 2 WR on the field at a time and that will be Jennings and Wright or Jennings and Simpson.

This is what the base offense is going to look like:

Kalil Johnson Sully Fusco/Schwartz Loadholt
    Jennings Ponder Rudolph Simpson

Felton
    Peterson.

Then we have

Jennings Carlson Ponder Rudolph Wright

Peterson/Gerhart

And maybe

Jennings Wright Ponder Simpson

Felton
    Peterson

Obviously they may move things around and yes, I know that they weren't all located perfectly according to the rules of the LOS and I don't give a crap. But the way things are looking the only way they will have any other major changes to the WR lineup is if one of these guys gets hurt or cut. There are much more glaring holes in the LB, DL and secondary that need to be filled first before we start to burn more roster spots on WR's.
    Last edited by Purple Floyd; 04-23-2013 at 05:28 PM.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    I have been saying all along that we don't need a shit ton of new WR's and tha if anything all we really have room for is one more this year.

They are committed to Jennings and Wright and they have Simpson. That is really all we need except maybe backups in case of injury. We are not going to go 4 or 5 wide in this offense and more than not we will only have 2 WR on the field at a time and that will be Jennings and Wright or Jennings and Simpson.

This is what the base offense is going to look like:

Jennings Ponder Rudolph Simpson

Felton
    Peterson.

Then we have

Jennings Carlson Ponder Rudolph Wright

Peterson/Gerhart

And maybe

Jennings Wright Ponder Simpson

Felton
    Peterson

Obviously they may move things around and yes, I know that they weren't all located perfectly according to the rules of the LOS and I don't give a crap. But the way things are looking the only way they will have any other major changes to the WR lineup is if one of these guys gets hurt or cut. There are much more glaring holes in the LB, DL and secondary that need to be filled first before we start to burn more roster spots on WR's.
    They need a replacement for Simpson because he will fail once again. Otherwise I agree with you.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Still spewing forth that drivel?

QB Ponder to WR Wright, 65-yd, pass - NFL Videos

Give the kid a WR that can get open and he can get it there. FACT, not drivel.
    Sure you can show one pass that he happened to connect on, want to see Webb's 50 yarder again too?

Watch Minnesota Vikings vs. Green Bay Packers [01/05/2013] - NFL.com

But what about the 27 out of 34 passes over 20 yards he didn't connect on?

Not sure about you, but 7/34 on passes over 20 yards doesn't scream accuracy.

There's a reason 73% of his passes are thrown for less than 10 yards.
    Last edited by singersp; 04-24-2013 at 08:00 AM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast