Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Can you cite your sources as to him not having great hands or not running routes well? Honestly curious, I haven't seen that anywhere.
    Well, what we know is the coaches decided that he was a better QB than he was a WR and we have seen first hand how good of a QB he is so that doesn't leave a whole lot of promise for his WR skills.

I did get to see him at TC a few times since I only live 30 miles from there and I can tell you that what I saw gave me little hope for him catching the ball or running routes but hell, miracles do happen I guess.

My question to you is haven't we screwed around with the position enough since Moss got traded? Do you really want to burn more time on a guy with a slim chance of ever turning out rather than going after someone who has already prove what they can do?

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Can you cite your sources as to him not having great hands or not running routes well? Honestly curious, I haven't seen that anywhere.
    Very raw as a wide receiver. Look fluid but showed poor concentration and hands during the Senior Bowl practices
    LINK

lot of people are going to have to give him plenty of consideration after what Webb did in his pro day workout this week. Some of his routes in Mobile weren't as crisp as they needed to be and he looked tentative running them

LINK

It is difficult to find much scouting report info on Joe from the 2010 draft it does vary a lot between WR or QB and projections also widely vary from 4-5 round to 7th/FA, saw one that had him ranked as the 16th best receiver in the draft out of more than 200 with reports stating he's next slash or big wildcat opposition; which history so far hasn't really shown a long lasting career for that skill set.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    I think we should trade him to another team where the coaches figure out what to do with his amazing athletic skills where he goes on to become a star in the NFL and a future HOF player. That way we can look back as Vikings fans and once again say..."If only".
    HOpefully we can trick Chip Kelley into trading for hiim.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    saw one [report] that had him ranked as the 16th best receiver in the draft out of more than 200
    In comparison, Aromadhodu was ranked 27th out of his WR draft class of more than 200.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    reports stating he's next slash or big wildcat opposition; which history so far hasn't really shown a long lasting career for that skill set.
    Remember pat white?

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    In comparison, Aromadhodu was ranked 27th out of his WR draft class of more than 200.
    Yeah but that was a very strong WR draft.

Marrdro is online now Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by Paco Giovanni View Post
    Is there any reason why Joe Webb should not be a wide receiver and / or a potential kick returner for the Vikings in 2013?
    Why waste a roster spot when you can add someone that is actually projected to do something at the next level at the WR position?

Seriously, with only 5 slots for WR's (Yes I know one year they kept 6), we should have actual WR's (not a QB that tried to be a WR that also tried to be a QB) fill those positions.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Do you know were most boards project the 27th best WR at? 7th round or UDFA.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Do you know were most boards project the 27th best WR at? 7th round or UDFA.
    Yep! And that's who we had for one of our "go to guys" last year & the year before. Not a pretty picture, is it?

That's my point.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Yep! And that's who we had for one of our "go to guys" last year & the year before. Not a pretty picture, is it?

That's my point.
    My bad, sorry I missed that point. I thought you were saying it like it was a good thing.

For me, Webb, although he gave us a couple of memorable moments, doesnt need to take up a roster spot this year. At least at WR.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast