PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Waste of a roster spot.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by PackSux! View Post
    Waste of a roster spot.
    +1

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Part of that has to do with Kaep. also having the ability throw a drat 70 yards down the field while Webb was launching scud missiles into the dirt.
    Well then it was a good thing they stuck with the pass and let him throw it 30 times !

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    Over Aromashadow, yes,Jenkins, no. Burton, yes.
    Hopefully Simpson, Jenkins, Aromashodu & Webb aren't our WR's next year & we sign some real playmakers, but thus far in the WR & TE receiving dept, Spielman is doing poorly.

Wright might be his only playmaker next year if he pans out & Harvin if wants out.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Paco Giovanni View Post
    Is there any reason why Joe Webb should not be a wide receiver and / or a potential kick returner for the Vikings in 2013?
    Kick returner??? wtf....no chance

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    I think we need to give Joe Webb a chance as a "wildcat" "berzerker" or what have you style QB. Seems like he, Peterson and Harvin could provide a pretty dangerous trio of read-option options. He's got speed and seems to have a stronger arm than Ponder, just not as accurate...what he needs is a real no.1 WR who can beat single coverage when they've stacked the box, run under the ball and make the catch happen. We don't have any of that.

He could also still provide depth as perhaps, the third QB and RB.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Stretch Armstrong couldn't make his accuracy acceptable.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post
    I think we need to give Joe Webb a chance as a "wildcat" "berzerker" or what have you style QB. Seems like he, Peterson and Harvin could provide a pretty dangerous trio of read-option options. He's got speed and seems to have a stronger arm than Ponder, just not as accurate...what he needs is a real no.1 WR who can beat single coverage when they've stacked the box, run under the ball and make the catch happen. We don't have any of that.

He could also still provide depth as perhaps, the third QB and RB.
    I think he had that chance this year. We never saw it on the field because the coaching staff saw what it looked like in practice. We got a glimpse of that in the playoff game.

Webb is a great athlete - but just being a great athlete isn't good enough to be a QB in the NFL. He doesn't just need a real no.1 WR who can beat single coverage - he need skill and accuracy as well. And he just doesn't have it.

Our third QB needs to be a development QB, someone we grab in third or fourth round of the draft who has potential. Our third RB needs to be, well, a RB. Webb is neither of those things.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Webb is a great athlete - but just being a great athlete isn't good enough to be a QB in the NFL. He doesn't just need a real no.1 WR who can beat single coverage - he need skill and accuracy as well. And he just doesn't have it.
    We should sign Willow as a WR with the way Webb was throwing at the ground.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    I think he had that chance this year. We never saw it on the field because the coaching staff saw what it looked like in practice. We got a glimpse of that in the playoff game.
    If that's true then the whole coaching staff should be fired because if they knew he was that bad and still had him on the roster as the #2 then they don't deserve to be anywhere near an NFL franchise.

The fact that Webb showed promise in relief as late as the Washington game last year is why he was our backup. Nobody knew he'd be as bad as he was in that playoff game. Musgrave should be held responsible for abandoning the read option after the first drive when it was working. It was almost like our staff decided to treat a playoff game like preseason, gee this is a good time to see how Webb would do as a pocket passer. The very next week Kaepernick sets the single game QB rushing record vs the same team.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast