J. Webb 17/26 195 0 0
    M. Vick 25/43 263 1 1

Rushing ATT YDS TD LG
    J. Webb 6 31 1 9T
    M. Vick 8 63 1 14

Fumbles FUM LOST REC YDS
    M. Vick 2 2 0 0
    J.Webb 0 0 0 0

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Joe Webb: If Michael Vick is a 10, I'm a 5

Quote Originally Posted by "12purplepride28" #1085992
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1085844
    Using their logic, Aaron Rodgers should have been labeled a bust & sent packing, since he proved jack shit in 3 years. :P
    Except Aaron Rodgers hadn't played in his first 3 years? What kind of a stupid comment is that. We had already seen Tjacks pathetic excuse for QB play many times in his first 13 years. Some QB's have it, some don't. Hell, Sam Bradford has achieved more than Tjoke in his entire career. Looking like a QB.
    But thats the point my friend. We only saw a couple of instances were Rodgers had to go on the field in those early years. Almost every PUKER fan was ready to throw in the towel cause he did stupid stuff or got hurt right away.

If anyone thinks that Tjoke still has any chance then they may have some sort of brain injury.
    I better call my doctor. :laugh:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Did anyone honestly foresee that a fella named Tawhidul would end up with a higher quarterback rating than Michael Vick? Anyone foresee that he'd complete 17 of 26 passes for 195 yards then run for another 31, including that nifty, fast-foot number he produced from nine yards out?

Now when you think unknown quarterback, drafted in the sixth round, who comes to mind? Yes, that guy named Brady up in New England.

Tawhidul Webb may not be the second coming of Tom Brady, but this big guy's got to be a wonderful surprise for a Minnesota team that has seen nothing but bad news this season.
    Joe Webb: Can This Long Shot Quarterback Save The Minnesota Vikings?

OK, I looked. Thats his real name. No definition for Tawhidul, but Tawhid means something like "Oneness with God" or "Belief in one God" depending on what version of Arabic you cotton to.

Very interesting, nonetheless.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

BH2 has been hating on TJ since 2006. Every year he simply tacks on another year to we know it takes at least "x" years in order to fairly judge a QB.

I think some of them hated TJ for no other reason than "their guy" wasn't drafted by the Vikings.

Some of them still can't grasp that it's the number of games they actually play & not the number of years they've been with the team.

Using their logic, Aaron Rodgers should have been labeled a bust & sent packing, since he proved jack shit in 3 years. :P
    I have absolutely NOT hated on TJ since 2006. In fact, I didn't really start to hate on him until this preseason. I was probably the first person in PP.O land to buy a Jackson jersey. I was wearing it as recently as the first Bears game this season! Just because I don't think he is the answer doesn't mean I hate the guy. Like you, and unlike Caine I've always been infatuated with his "potential".

I was a Jackson crotch sniffer. Always saying he didn't have enough time. That changed this year (and admittedly some just criticism of him peppered throughout his career) but going into last season I was all about Jackson getting the starting job and completely against the move to bench him after two games in 2008.

Please get your facts straight before you start spouting garbage. You straight up made shit up about me. Thanks for that by the way. You seem to have this issue where you need to lump everybody who feels Jackson isn't the answer into a "hater". Caine may be a hater but I am not. I just see a kid who gets rattled easily and hasn't performed. We shouldn't still be making excuses 5 freaking years later. Just eat your Crow regarding Jackson and move on... I ate mine, and it feels much better.

Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1086125

BH2 has been hating on TJ since 2006. Every year he simply tacks on another year to we know it takes at least "x" years in order to fairly judge a QB.

I think some of them hated TJ for no other reason than "their guy" wasn't drafted by the Vikings.

Some of them still can't grasp that it's the number of games they actually play & not the number of years they've been with the team.

I have absolutely NOT hated on TJ since 2006. In fact, I didn't really start to hate on him until this preseason. I was probably the first person in PP.O land to buy a Jackson jersey. I was wearing it as recently as the first Bears game this season! Just because I don't think he is the answer doesn't mean I hate the guy. Like you, and unlike Caine I've always been infatuated with his "potential".

I was a Jackson crotch sniffer. Always saying he didn't have enough time. That changed this year (and admittedly some just criticism of him peppered throughout his career) but going into last season I was all about Jackson getting the starting job and completely against the move to bench him after two games in 2008.

Please get your facts straight before you start spouting garbage. You straight up made shit up about me. Thanks for that by the way. You seem to have this issue where you need to lump everybody who feels Jackson isn't the answer into a "hater". Caine may be a hater but I am not. I just see a kid who gets rattled easily and hasn't performed. We shouldn't still be making excuses 5 freaking years later. Just eat your Crow regarding Jackson and move on... I ate mine, and it feels much better.
    I gotta back BH on this one. I have him on 5 TJ spreadsheets, including one for owners of TJ jerseys.....:laugh:

PHILADELPHIA -- It was third-and-11 from the Philadelphia 47, and the Minnesota Vikings needed a conversion.

They led, improbably, by three points with a little more than 8 minutes to go against the playoff-bound Eagles at Lincoln Financial Field.

Rookie quarterback Joe Webb told coaches the play he wanted to run, dropped back against a six-man rush, spotted a mismatch and fired a bullet to Percy Harvin for a 19-yard gain, setting up the Adrian Peterson touchdown that all but sealed the Vikings' stunning 24-14 triumph on Tuesday night.

It was not an athletic play by an extraordinarily athletic player. It was not a safe play sent in by coaches for a first-time starter who was running the scout team less than a month ago.

It was a quarterback play, pure and simple. And it was the first sign -- perhaps of more to come -- the smiling sixth-round pick from UAB might be more than a sideshow in the Vikings' season-long circus.
    Joe Webb shows presence poise beyond his years in upset

You know, I keep reading how great Bevs and Leslie were in all of this. I wonder, how come coach Rogers hasn't been mentioned by anyone.

I'm sure when Joe mention the coaches (plural) in his ear, he is including Bevs, Leslie and Rodgers.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1086064
    Quote Originally Posted by "12purplepride28" #1085992
    Except Aaron Rodgers hadn't played in his first 3 years? What kind of a stupid comment is that. We had already seen Tjacks pathetic excuse for QB play many times in his first 13 years. Some QB's have it, some don't. Hell, Sam Bradford has achieved more than Tjoke in his entire career. Looking like a QB.
    But thats the point my friend. We only saw a couple of instances were Rodgers had to go on the field in those early years. Almost every PUKER fan was ready to throw in the towel cause he did stupid stuff or got hurt right away.

If anyone thinks that Tjoke still has any chance then they may have some sort of brain injury.
    I better call my doctor. :laugh:
    No they weren't. My wife and her whole family are packers fans as well as all of the people I knew when I lived there and nobody that I talked to ever said anything but good things about Rodgers. Try another angle.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1086125

I think he might have been talking about the UffDaVikes character actually. He had Jackson pegged for what he was right from the start.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1086152
    You know, I keep reading how great Bevs and Leslie were in all of this. I wonder, how come coach Rogers hasn't been mentioned by anyone.

I'm sure when Joe mention the coaches (plural) in his ear, he is including Bevs, Leslie and Rodgers.
    Probably because it has actually been Brett and not Rodgers who has been mentoring Webb on the system.:woohoo:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234