Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Re: Joe Webb: If Michael Vick is a 10, I'm a 5

My fantasy league is coming down to the wire. I have Webb(as a wr)and a 18point lead. My opponent has Vick. I'm not very confident.
    An entire season comes down to this.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1085806
    Quote Originally Posted by "battleaxe4cheese" #1085650
    I just pray to God that T-choke doesn't teach him the patented jump pass.
    You watch football this weekend or are you just a "Vikings" watcher?

I saw 5 jump passes this weekend. 4 worked, one didn't. Hell, even if you are just a "Vikgings" watcher, I'm sure you saw the Noodle do it several times the last two years.
    Yep, he did. In fact he did it as recently as in his last outting a week ago.

Did I forget to mention it was intercepted?

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010122000/2010/REG15/bears@vikings#tab:watch

TJ did it in one of the last two games & it went for huge yards when we needed a 1st, but haters STILL want to dwell on the one jump pass from 4 years ago that didn't work. (BTW, he threw an across the body pass that worked also, which Favre attempted in the NO game & we all know how that panned out)

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Quote Originally Posted by "Infidel" #1085687
    Quote Originally Posted by "RK." #1085669
    Webb cannot check down through the receivers. If the primary guy is covered he runs. Sometimes he may actually see the secondary receiver but if he is covered he runs. He is not a QB he is a half back that can pass the ball. To rate himself as a QB is pointless right now.
    With the Vikings sorry excuse for pass protection, by the time you see your second receiver covered.....you damn well better be running and you better be good at it.

If Webb says he's a five, I accept it.

Until you see him play with decent pass protection, you can't make any judgment.
    Sure you can. The majority of the fans here have been doing exactly that for the past 5 years.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1085831
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1085807
    Sad thing in all of this, Webb is already being graded, opinions are already being made, and the kid isn't even close to being ready to be a QB. :whistle:
    You're right. As Vikings fans we know it takes at least 7 years in order to fairly judge a QB. 5 years isn't enough time, much less ONE game.
    I sense a bit of sarcasism in there.

Quick question, do you think you have a fair assesment of what kindof QB Eli Manning is/is going to be?

How about Tony Romo?

In the end, I still say that the art of being a QB is something that a cat needs to work on his whole career and very few of them ever master it.

Heck, even ole Peyton and Brady still say that they need to work hard at learning thier craft.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1085835
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1085806
    Quote Originally Posted by "battleaxe4cheese" #1085650
    I just pray to God that T-choke doesn't teach him the patented jump pass.
    You watch football this weekend or are you just a "Vikings" watcher?

I saw 5 jump passes this weekend. 4 worked, one didn't. Hell, even if you are just a "Vikgings" watcher, I'm sure you saw the Noodle do it several times the last two years.
    Yep, he did. In fact he did it as recently as in his last outting a week ago.

Did I forget to mention it was intercepted?

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010122000/2010/REG15/bears@vikings#tab:watch

TJ did it in one of the last two games & it went for huge yards when we needed a 1st, but haters STILL want to dwell on the one jump pass from 4 years ago that didn't work. (BTW, he threw an across the body pass that worked also, which Favre attempted in the NO game & we all know how that panned out)
    Good stuff my friend.

I just have to chuckle when I see people hating on TJ for something that almost every QB in the league has done or will do week in and week out.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1085837
    Sad thing in all of this, Webb is already being graded, opinions are already being made, and the kid isn't even close to being ready to be a QB. :whistle:
    You're right. As Vikings fans we know it takes at least 7 years in order to fairly judge a QB. 5 years isn't enough time, much less ONE game.

Quick question, do you think you have a fair assesment of what kindof QB Eli Manning is/is going to be?

How about Tony Romo?

In the end, I still say that the art of being a QB is something that a cat needs to work on his whole career and very few of them ever master it.

Heck, even ole Peyton and Brady still say that they need to work hard at learning thier craft.
    BH2 has been hating on TJ since 2006. Every year he simply tacks on another year to we know it takes at least "x" years in order to fairly judge a QB.

I think some of them hated TJ for no other reason than "their guy" wasn't drafted by the Vikings.

Some of them still can't grasp that it's the number of games they actually play & not the number of years they've been with the team.

Using their logic, Aaron Rodgers should have been labeled a bust & sent packing, since he proved jack shit in 3 years. :P

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1085844

How about Tony Romo?

BH2 has been hating on TJ since 2006. Every year he simply tacks on another year to we know it takes at least "x" years in order to fairly judge a QB.

I think some of them hated TJ for no other reason than "their guy" wasn't drafted by the Vikings.

Some of them still can't grasp that it's the number of games they actually play & not the number of years they've been with the team.

Using their logic, Aaron Rodgers should have been labeled a bust & sent packing, since he proved jack shit in 3 years. :P
    You can't blame them, the Disney channel and thier guy didn't even know who TJ was so he wasn't "Sold" to the fans like they do some of the top tier QB's.

In the end, most teams take a chance on a kid almost every year and keep them in the pipeline until they find someone better.

Case in point, Kellen Clemens. He was taken by the Jets (before the Vikes took him) and the Jets still opted to take Sanchize when given the chance.

Happens all the time.

Gil Brandt said that he thought Webb would be on the roster next year but as a TE/3rd QB. He thought the Vikings would take a QB with thier first pick and bring in 3 or 4 UDFA's into camp. One of the UDFA's would move to the PS.

Of course, that using Gils logic. We don't have a clue what the new regime will do.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Except Aaron Rodgers hadn't played in his first 3 years? What kind of a stupid comment is that. We had already seen Tjacks pathetic excuse for QB play many times in his first 13 years. Some QB's have it, some don't. Hell, Sam Bradford has achieved more than Tjoke in his entire career. Looking like a QB.

Idk why we are still talking about Tjoke, he is on IR and is done in Minnesota. Most likely done in the entire NFL. If anyone thinks that Tjoke still has any chance then they may have some sort of brain injury.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

How about Tony Romo?

What are you talking about? He has a TJ jersey!

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1085836
    Quote Originally Posted by "Infidel" #1085687
    Quote Originally Posted by "RK." #1085669
    Webb cannot check down through the receivers. If the primary guy is covered he runs. Sometimes he may actually see the secondary receiver but if he is covered he runs. He is not a QB he is a half back that can pass the ball. To rate himself as a QB is pointless right now.
    With the Vikings sorry excuse for pass protection, by the time you see your second receiver covered.....you damn well better be running and you better be good at it.

If Webb says he's a five, I accept it.

Until you see him play with decent pass protection, you can't make any judgment.
    Sure you can. The majority of the fans here have been doing exactly that for the past 5 years.
    That includes you.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast