Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Joe Webb: From Emergency QB to Emergency WR?

Best athlete on the team. I've been saying he needs to be on the field even in a limited basis. It can't hurt.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "Infidel" #1081228
    In a way, this is kind of sad, because it shows just how badly the Vikings are lacking in depth.

Say he takes one of those now fashionable helmet to helmet hits while making a catch and has to sit out a few games.

Then we're down to 2 QBs.....well, maybe one and a half (the half being one or the other, depending on which one you like).
    I'm not sure I agree with your assesment of our depth. We are deep. Problem is, our depth is all pretty much depleted.

On a side note, its interesting to look at how many teams carry more than 2 QB's?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "MaxVike" #1081225
    This is a positive development IMO. Look at Brad Smith of the Jets. Played QB at Mizzou, runs back kickoffs, plays WR, and Wildcat QB...he is one versatile, great football player. I am anxious to see Webb on the field; don't care really what position, WR for now, fine. QB later, ok...just get him on the field and let's see what he's got.
    I would much rather see TJ in there in the Smith role than Webb. Mostly cause he has more experience reading a NFL caliber defense that Webb does but your point is well taken.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

I'm kinda excited, not by the injuries of course, but to see Joe Webb play wide receiver.

... but lets be honest here people! Harvin usually plays despite missing practice and Sidney Rice might still play. Plus, we have Greg Camarillo, Hank Baskett, Logan Payne, Shiancoe (who has been used in the slot many times before) and probably a few guys from the practice squad that I can't remember the name of right now.

I won't get your hopes up if you think you will see Joe Webb in action this week.

HEY
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1081221
    Quote Originally Posted by "Infidel" #1081219
    As a QB, he already knows where the WRs are supposed to go.....so the adjustment is not as great as one might think.
    I agree.
    Wow! I think I saw some pigs fly past my window... :laugh:

Quote Originally Posted by "HEY" #1081239
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1081221
    Quote Originally Posted by "Infidel" #1081219
    As a QB, he already knows where the WRs are supposed to go.....so the adjustment is not as great as one might think.
    I agree.
    Wow! I think I saw some pigs fly past my window... :laugh:
    Mountain Dew all over the monitor.......LOL.....Well played my friend. Well played indeed.

vike_mike is offline Pro-Bowler

C'mon Lesle. Let's see if the kid can cut it as a WR. It won't hurt at this point.

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Quote Originally Posted by "HEY" #1081237
    I'm kinda excited, not by the injuries of course, but to see Joe Webb play wide receiver.

... but lets be honest here people! Harvin usually plays despite missing practice and Sidney Rice might still play. Plus, we have Greg Camarillo, Hank Baskett, Logan Payne, Shiancoe (who has been used in the slot many times before) and probably a few guys from the practice squad that I can't remember the name of right now.

I won't get your hopes up if you think you will see Joe Webb in action this week.
    Rice really does not seem to be BACK yet.....would be nice if he turned up this Sunday, but I'm not holding my breath.

Baskett......I remember him. He was the guy Chilly said would save the team until Rice got back.......um, why don't we feel saved?

Camarillo is solid, reliable, slow....kind of like a well-behaved and likable workhorse--but unlikely to ever set the world on fire.

Payne? Who the hell is he? Apparently he keeps a lower profile than our savior Baskett!!

And Shank has his own job to do.

I like the Webb idea......he's head and shoulders above anybody else we've got in athletic ability--plus he's not injured.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1081235
    Quote Originally Posted by "MaxVike" #1081225
    This is a positive development IMO. Look at Brad Smith of the Jets. Played QB at Mizzou, runs back kickoffs, plays WR, and Wildcat QB...he is one versatile, great football player. I am anxious to see Webb on the field; don't care really what position, WR for now, fine. QB later, ok...just get him on the field and let's see what he's got.
    I would much rather see TJ in there in the Smith role than Webb. Mostly cause he has more experience reading a NFL caliber defense that Webb does but your point is well taken.
    Thanks Marr...and not suggesting Webb should jump TJ on the QB depth chart. And, I'm not sure I could see TJ running back kicks or running routes...but, I could certainly be wrong. I guess my point is along the line that I'm impressed that the Jets found several ways for a very good football player, Brad Smith, to contribute and make a difference. Smith was one helluva athletic player at Mizzou, and, if memory serves me, he wasn't recruited to play QB. Being a 'Huskers fan, I have an appreciation for the kids talent, and I see some similarities in Webb, albeit admittedly, from YouTube, college tapes, and flashes in Preseason. It is obvious he's a great athlete...I would love to see if he's a versatile, impactful football player. Put him in coach!

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

HEY
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Infidel" #1081269
    Quote Originally Posted by "HEY" #1081237

Payne? Who the hell is he?
    WR Logan Payne

Nevermind, I just remembered that he got picked up by the Jets. :whistle: Ops... My bad.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast