Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Webb

purple pain is offline Waterboy

Joe Webb

Do we still have Joe Webb? If so I think it's time to take advantage of his athletic ability. Why not make him a scat back or slot reciever. This guy is fast & could kind of step into the Percy Harvin role. Speed kills & Webb has a ton of it. What say you Vikings nation.

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach
    I sure would like to see him used for something. He's a burner and can run pretty well in the open field.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    He seems like a tweener,

I think he gets cut. If they thought he would be good at something else, they should have started him on that path. If he was good enough to do something else on the team then that is the fault of the coaches for not honing his skills over the last few years. Position transitions are difficult and seem to have failed more times than not.

I don't mean to be negative but I don't know where he fits unless he can hang on to a QB spot or practice squad.

I am in favor on keeping anyone that helps this team.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I know that a lot of people like Webb, and I know he is a great athlete. But he is not a great football player. We have seen that he is not a NFL caliber QB. And speed alone doesn't make a WR (or Troy Williamson would be a future HoFer).

The sad fact is that there is no effective role for him on the Minnesota Vikings, probably not on any NFL team. I think the Vikings cut him - maybe he could have a successful future in the CFL. Not a knock on the CFL - I am serious. I think he could be successful in that system.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by snowinapril View Post
    He seems like a tweener,

I think he gets cut. If they thought he would be good at something else, they should have started him on that path. If he was good enough to do something else on the team then that is the fault of the coaches for not honing his skills over the last few years. Position transitions are difficult and seem to have failed more times than not.

I don't mean to be negative but I don't know where he fits unless he can hang on to a QB spot or practice squad.

I am in favor on keeping anyone that helps this team.
    I think his eligibility for the practise squad is up, he's been on the active roster for a complete season and is heading into his fourth season....I think he will be let go

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    I say no to WR. I think his days are numbered in Minnesota.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Unless they can turn him into a DB you might just as well stick a fork in him.

smegmavike is offline Coach
    Kind of thought he was done when they decided to reach for Ponder. He can do everything but pass accurately or he could be a good QB.
    He's already been replaced.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    is it still going to be trendy next year to have a wildcat player?

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    With the addition of Cassel & his poor playoff performance, I believe he's gone. At this point I don't think they'll keep him over MBT.

They only tried him once as a KO returner, so I don't see them keeping him around for special teams, although with Harvin gone, I wonder who will be returning KO's? Jennings doesn't return kicks.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast