Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    funkyasflea is offline Pro-Bowler

Jimmy Kleinsasser

Just needed to post about this.
    Jimmy's catch for 26 yards.
    I have not seen them throw him the ball in a long long time.
    When I saw him snag that baby I almost pooped myself I was screaming so loud.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Jimmy Kleinsasser

LMAO

It's true that were a new wrinkle. But nice to see that they can play on even more strings.

Also it's nice because The Sauce is such a class act, and truly a team player. To me he's almost the definition of what the Vikings are about historically.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

If he would have hit Shank when Shank was open that would have been another great use of the TE.
    Starting to see the TE come into play I think if only the OL would/could pass block on a consistent basis.

No way in hell the Boars patched together DL should have given us that many fits last night.
    Poor poor showing by Birk and company IMHO.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    If he would have hit Shank when Shank was open that would have been another great use of the TE.
    Starting to see the TE come into play I think if only the OL would/could pass block on a consistent basis.

No way in hell the Boars patched together DL should have given us that many fits last night.
    If Shank were starting to get more open and catch that would be an even greater use of the TEs

"cogitans" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

If Shank were starting to get more open and catch that would be an even greater use of the TEs
    Two issues with that.

He was open, TJ was late with the throw.

He, along with Klieny will never be able to get open when they have to stay in and block because our damn OL can't protect the QB or open running lanes without thier help all the time.

(Sorry, promised not to ping on the OL anymore.
    Seriously, that was the last time this week).

[img width=450 height=337]http://www.bvallc.com/pensionblog/uploaded_images/Crossed%20Fingers-796261.jpg[/img]
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Two issues with that.

He, along with Klieny will never be able to get open when they have to stay in and block because our damn OL can't protect the QB or open running lanes without thier help all the time.
    I understand that.

But still he has been the letdown of the season so far.

"cogitans" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Two issues with that.

He, along with Klieny will never be able to get open when they have to stay in and block because our gol 'darnit OL can't protect the QB or open running lanes without thier help all the time.
    I understand that.

How so?

He has been a solid pass/run blocker and hasn't had much of a chance to even run a route because of inept line play.
    Then add to the fact that for a lions share of the season our QB couldn't make one read, let alone a progression of reads that would allow a ball to be thrown his way on a consistent basis.

How can you lay that on him?

Is he supposed to block, tell the QB when to throw and run routes at the same time?
    When the ball has come his way he has caught it pretty consistently.

As for the play last night when TJ threw to him late, if I were him, I would pull the young Jedi aside and remind him that if he wants to be protected he shouldn't lay him out for a defender on passes like that.

Poor play by TJ not Shank my friend.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Two issues with that.

He, along with Klieny will never be able to get open when they have to stay in and block because our gol 'darnit OL can't protect the QB or open running lanes without thier help all the time.
    I understand that.

How so?

He has been a solid pass/run blocker and hasn't had much of a chance to even run a route because of inept line play.
    Then add to the fact that for a lions share of the season our QB couldn't make one read, let alone a progression of reads that would allow a ball to be thrown his way on a consistent basis.

Is he supposed to block, tell the QB when to throw and run routes at the same time?

As for the play last night when TJ threw to him late, if I were him, I would pull the young Jedi aside and remind him that if he wants to be protected he shouldn't lay him out for a defender on passes like that.

I agree with Mrrdor here.
    Shank has played well this year.
    What you have to remember is TJ is a young QB.
    That being said, sopmetimes his reads may be a tad late.
    That is the difference of being open and not being open.
    Shank has been everything Chilly said he was.
    He has decent hands and has done a great job blocking.
    With some more experience from TJ as well as the front line I think you will get a different impression of Shank.
    Kleinny is Kleinny.
    A good team player that does whatever is asked of him.

purplepowered is offline Pro-Bowler

"cogitans" wrote:
    LMAO

It's true that were a new wrinkle. But nice to see that they can play on even more strings.

Also it's nice because The Sauce is such a class act, and truly a team player. To me he's almost the definition of what the Vikings are about historically.
    He is the class act of what team playing is all about totally. And yes another wrinkle in the system cool.
    I am THE #1 Sidney Rice #18 Fan ever! Don't Be surprised when this kid IS a superstar! He is humble, smart, tough, talented and has alot of character! Takes alot of pride in his work, team, fans and life. Watch out for this kid! I think he is awesome! Everytime he touches the ball its MAGIC!

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Two issues with that.

I understand that.

How so?

Just because his droppercent has been way to high.

Look at the stats here from football outsiders: Catchpercent: 62%

I know that some has been badly thrown balls by the QB, but from what we were let to believe he would bring to this offense prior to the season, I don't see he has a 'knack for catching the ball'

As for the blocking I'm not always so good at seeing that, but I understand that he has been asked to block more than he anticipated, and that he has probably done a decent job of it.

But I'm talking about him being a factor in our pass game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast