Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Jim Souhan: Vikings are bad break away from serious QB probl

F*** Souhan!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Slade is offline Star Spokesman

Yeah, I think every team is a bad break away from serious problems. Thats not saying much. If the Colts lose Manning, they are still contenders??

petrodemos is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Jim Souhan: Vikings are bad break away from serious QB p

[size=18px]Jim Souhan: Vikings are bad break away from serious QB problem[/size]
    [size=18px]Brad Johnson must stay healthy or the Vikings will discover that his backup is the team's second-most important player.[/size]
    Jim Souhan, Star Tribune

Childress prides himself on being an offensive guru and an experienced coach. He should know that his legacy likely will be determined by the symbiotic relationship most successful coaches share with their quarterbacks.

Vince Lombardi, Bart Starr. Tom Landry, Roger Staubach. Chuck Noll, Terry Bradshaw. Don Shula, Bob Griese. Bud Grant, Fran Tarkenton. Bill Belichick, Tom Brady. Bill Walsh, Joe Montana.

The Vikings are trying to catch the Bears, who have Brian Griese as a backup. Of all the veteran quarterbacks in the NFC North, Griese easily has the highest career completion percentage, 63.1. That's about 20 percent higher than McMahon's.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    i got to wipe the tears from my laughter ...hold on....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

sniff...sniff... excuse me

#1 ..... Dilfer/Billick anyone? and the fact he put Tarkington/Grant among the combos of multiple superbowl winners is laughable! no disrespect to them but if its about winning superbowls its time to get real.

#2 ..... Brian Griese has a higher completion percentage (than the starter) Grossman! Grossmans completion% is at 53.8...53.8! (oh the QB rating is 20 pts higher than Grossman too.)

does he want the vikings to sign Jeff George?

the only team i see having a good situation is jacksonville, garrard proved he is possibly the perfect backup for a couple games last season.

I was looking for a good laugh today and thats as good as it can get.. jimmy jimmy jimmy, what are you trying to feed us here? maybe hes upset that childress wont interview with him? and who could really blame him.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    I'll leave it up to you to decide.
    I'll take up that task! These are the teams which I consider NOT to be effed if the #1 guy goes down.

Buffalo Bills
    Kelly Holcomb J.P. Losman Craig Nall | Tory Woodbury
    =Z= Comment: They're screwed even if the #1 guy is in there, so, technically, it couldn't get any worse.

New York Jets
    Chad Pennington Patrick Ramsey Brooks Bollinger | Kellen Clemens
    =Z= Comment: Since Pennington can't throw it but 10 yards anyway, it might be better for the J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS to have Ramsey in there.

Houston Texans
    David Carr Sage Rosenfels Cody Pickett / Quinton Porter
    =Z= Comment: Carr is a stiff and Sage Rosenfels is a winner. If I were Houston, I'd get Jeff Gilooley to knee-cap Carr ASAP so Rosenfels can get the reps.

Tennessee Titans
    Billy Volek Vince Young Matt Mauck | Cody Hodges
    =Z= Comment: Billy Volek? Didn't he play Will Robinson on "Lost in Space"? Vince Young, your future is calling and it will be here by Week 10.

Oakland Raiders
    Aaron Brooks Marques Tuiasosopo Andrew Walter | Reggie Robertson
    =Z= Comment: See: Bills, Buffalo

Chicago Bears
    Rex Grossman Brian Griese Kyle Orton | B.J. Symons
    =Z= Comment: Since the Bears are expecting Grossman to shred an Achilles any day now, the Griese signing was a good one. I like him better than Sexy Rexy anyway.

Green Bay Packers
    Brett Favre Aaron Rodgers Ingle Martin
    =Z= Comment: I guess it's a question of if you want the 37-year-old guy or the 25-year-old guy to toss 25 picks.

Atlanta Falcons
    Michael Vick Matt Schaub D.J. Shockley | Bryan Randall
    =Z= Comment: Since Schaub is the second coming of Johnny U, Falcons fans can only hope for a particularly virulant outbreak of herpes from Ron Mexico by Week 5.

San Francisco 49ers
    Alex D. Smith Trent Dilfer Jesse Palmer
    =Z= Comment: Ones a stiff - the other is a Super Bowl Winning QB. Why is Alex Smith starting again?

St. Louis Rams
    Marc Bulger Gus Frerotte Ryan Fitzpatrick[/quote]
    =Z= Comment: The revolving door of QBs at St. Louis is just one turf toe away from giving Gus yet another spot to shine.

And that's about that. Every other team is royally screwed if their #1 goes down.

At least that's the way I see it.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    I'll leave it up to you to decide.
    I'll take up that task! These are the teams which I consider NOT to be effed if the #1 guy goes down.

Buffalo Bills
    Kelly Holcomb J.P. Losman Craig Nall | Tory Woodbury
    =Z= Comment: They're screwed even if the #1 guy is in there, so, technically, it couldn't get any worse.

New York Jets
    Chad Pennington Patrick Ramsey Brooks Bollinger | Kellen Clemens
    =Z= Comment: Since Pennington can't throw it but 10 yards anyway, it might be better for the J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS to have Ramsey in there.

Houston Texans

David Carr Sage Rosenfels Cody Pickett / Quinton Porter
    =Z= Comment: Carr is a stiff and Sage Rosenfels is a winner. If I were Houston, I'd get Jeff Gilooley to knee-cap Carr ASAP so Rosenfels can get the reps.

Tennessee Titans
    Billy Volek Vince Young Matt Mauck | Cody Hodges
    =Z= Comment: Billy Volek? Didn't he play Will Robinson on "Lost in Space"? Vince Young, your future is calling and it will be here by Week 10.

Oakland Raiders
    Aaron Brooks Marques Tuiasosopo Andrew Walter | Reggie Robertson
    =Z= Comment: See: Bills, Buffalo

Chicago Bears
    Rex Grossman Brian Griese Kyle Orton | B.J. Symons
    =Z= Comment: Since the Bears are expecting Grossman to shred an Achilles any day now, the Griese signing was a good one. I like him better than Sexy Rexy anyway.

Green Bay Packers
    Brett Favre Aaron Rodgers Ingle Martin
    =Z= Comment: I guess it's a question of if you want the 37-year-old guy or the 25-year-old guy to toss 25 picks.

Atlanta Falcons
    Michael Vick Matt Schaub D.J. Shockley | Bryan Randall
    =Z= Comment: Since Schaub is the second coming of Johnny U, Falcons fans can only hope for a particularly virulant outbreak of herpes from Ron Mexico by Week 5.

San Francisco 49ers
    Alex D. Smith Trent Dilfer Jesse Palmer
    =Z= Comment: Ones a stiff - the other is a Super Bowl Winning QB. Why is Alex Smith starting again?

St. Louis Rams
    Marc Bulger Gus Frerotte Ryan Fitzpatrick
    =Z= Comment: The revolving door of QBs at St. Louis is just one turf toe away from giving Gus yet another spot to shine.

And that's about that. Every other team is royally screwed if their #1 goes down.

At least that's the way I see it.

=Z=[/quote]

I disagree about the Texans. I don't think Carr is a "stiff" as you say. Over the past two years he's had adequate numbers (16 TDs 14 Ints and 14 TDs 11 Ints) with a terrible offensive line (sacked 117 times over the past 2 seasons). I think if their line gets better, Carr is going to be a decent quarterback. Obviously the Texans think so too, or they wouldn't have extended Carr's contract 3 more years when they had the opportunity to draft any one of the big three quarterbacks in the draft.

I also don't know how you could say Rosenfels is a "winner". He's only started two games in his career and has a completion percentage of under 50%. I think the Texans are in a lot more trouble than they would be otherwise if Carr goes down.

The bad thing about the other teams listed there is a lot of them don't have a snowball's chance anyway! The Raiders, Packers, Bills, Jets and 49ers are all pretty much screwed no matter who is starting a quarterback.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

I really don't read too much into Childress bringing McMahon in for the #2 QB. I think he is more here for his knowledge of Childress' system, more-so to help Jackson and also Brad to some extent. I am assuming that since Childress did sign McMahon, that he is thinking that with our O-line strength, with us running the ball more, and with Brad throwing a lot of quick passes, that we can keep Johnson healthy for the whole season. That is really the only logical thinking behind our QB depth.

If Brad goes down, obviously our season is done, and then McMahon isn't gonna play either, since we will want to get Jackson in there for some experience.

The only way I see McMahon actually playing is if Brad has a minor(out maybe a few games) injury and we use mcMahon to throw the ball maybe 15 times a game, trying to win with running the ball, ST's, and great D play.

But yeah, obviously a lot of teams are in trouble if their starting QB goes down, except for Atlanta, where they would probably be better off :lol: (and I am even a Vick fan).

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Ltrey33" wrote:
    I also don't know how you could say Rosenfels is a "winner". He's only started two games in his career and has a completion percentage of under 50%. I think the Texans are in a lot more trouble than they would be otherwise if Carr goes down.
    I say Rosenfels is a winner because he quarterbacked Iowa State to the first bowl win in the history of the school. He hasn't really gotten a chance in the NFL, but I think he's a gritty gutty competitor who would find ways to win games if given the chance.

And how can a crappy team be in worse shape when the QB who's led them to crappy records during his entire time in the league is no longer leading them?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

im so unbelievable sick of these articles lol, how may times in one off season can people write about the exact same thing as every other sports writer and expect to get good reviews

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

petrodemos is offline Asst. Coach

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    I say Rosenfels is a winner because he quarterbacked Iowa State to the first bowl win in the history of the school. He hasn't really gotten a chance in the NFL, but I think he's a gritty gutty competitor who would find ways to win games if given the chance.

And how can a crappy team be in worse shape when the QB who's led them to crappy records during his entire time in the league is no longer leading them?

=Z=
    LOL

so is Clarret a winner too then? and chris weinke, and danny wuerfell (sp?)...seneca wallace? he won at iowa state.

i understand you might think hes gritty and a competitor, but thats exactly what danny wuerfell was, and he turned out to be nothin in the NFL.

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

Finally a reporter who says it like it is. We have a head coach who has failed just about in every way he could, starting with letting Pep go without a fight. His draft picks suck a$$ (and yeah i know he wasnt solely responsible). His infatuation with his old team sucks a$$. His fear of quality players (like a TO, Moss, or Pep) sucks a$$.

If I were handing out grades Childress would have a d-

Unfortunaly we are the ones who will suffer....not long tho, cause Wilf will fire his a$$

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast