Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Jim Souhan: If it weren't for Favre, new guy in middle might be center of attent

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Re: Jim Souhan: If it weren't for Favre, new guy in middle might be center of attent

Sully only has a 30" inseam, and is 6'1", I have a 30" inseam and I'm 5'7". I guess we don't have to worry about him playing with low pads and leverage. Sully also wrestle'd, and that should also help with strength and conditioning. As a grappler his hand strength should be awesome. If he gets his hands on a pass rusher he isn't going anywhere.

Vikestand is offline Coordinator

Re: Jim Souhan: If it weren't for Favre, new guy in middle might be center of attent

"PurpleTide" wrote:

Sully only has a 30" inseam, and is 6'1", I have a 30" inseam and I'm 5'7". I guess we don't have to worry about him playing with low pads and leverage. Sully also wrestle'd, and that should also help with strength and conditioning. As a grappler his hand strength should be awesome. If he gets his hands on a pass rusher he isn't going anywhere.
    Wrestlers make the best football players.....or linemen for that matter. No conditioning in High School or College is more intense than wrestling. I've seen kids that have walked in from cross country and started wrestling season and puke their guts out. Whole other level of mental toughness

By Pack93z

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to the other with no loss of enthusiasm"-Sir Winston Churchill

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Jim Souhan: If it weren't for Favre, new guy in middle might be center of at

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Brad Childress and Birk had their battles, and Childress seemed comfortable with the idea of replacing Birk with Sullivan, the Vikings' sixth-round pick in 2008."

That's a lot of power for a head coach.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikestand" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:

Wrestlers make the best football players.....or linemen for that matter. No conditioning in High School or College is more intense than wrestling. I've seen kids that have walked in from cross country and started wrestling season and puke their guts out. Whole other level of mental toughness
    Vikestand,

I would agree with that 100%,
    I played football and wrestled, all thru Jr and High school.
    Wresting practices and training by far was way tougher than any football practice I ever attended.
    Here is something that might suprise some here, I also swam competitivly during from Elementry up and into High School, on swim and dive teams.
    Training for swimming can be
    very physicaly demanding also.
    I've done laps where my arms and legs felt like they would fall off,
    again, I've has some swim practices that could be put up there with wrestling practices,
    only in water..LOL

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.