Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    ChiTownVike is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Jim Marshall In the HOF

I ALWAYS THOUGHT HE WAS IN THE HALL ALONG TIME AGO!!!!!

THOSE PIECE OF SHIT VOTER PEOPLE WE SHOULD ALL GO DOWN TO CANTON RIGHT NOW AND KICK ALL OF THEIR ASSES!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Josdin for the sig

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Heh, heh....Yeah, yeah...let's go kick some HOF Voter azz...heh, heh....that would be cool.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"shockzilla" wrote:
    Yeah - I saw the man play. He played with heart, ferocity and guts, whether he was hurt or not (a trait of MANY a Bud Grant-coached Viking!)! If there is ANYONE who should be in the HOF, it's Marshall!!!

Yes, I agree wholeheartedly. #70 and also #53 from those early teams should be in the Hall.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Del Rio Guest

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    I was listening to a thing on ESPN radio where they were talking about how people are selected to the HOF and how seriously it was taken. There was a guy who had been on the panel many many times it was very interesting.

Basically who knows why Jim is off the list. The guy said there are a lot of players who were really really good, but the years they are up for it there are some better.

The guy was amazing no doubt, his longevity was crazy, granted he declined big time in the end. But his record of 282 consecutive games is amazing and his nfl record of 29 fumble recoveries is awesome.

He played around great players, he only went to the pro-bowl twice. I don't think he will never be in the HOF.
    ??? So you think he will be there eventually? Or did you mean that you think that he will never be in (or alternately, you don't think that he will ever be in)?

I'm takin' you to school, DR!!!
    Damn it Cajun it's Friday. Besides this is the only one I consider a good dig, the rest were yawners. lol

Jim Marshall will never be in the HOF.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

The old timers committee will come through for us...they have to put Big Jim in...THEY HAVE TO!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

No superbowls thats why he is not in. His numbers were not great, but good enough plus he is the iron man of football. If they would have won just one of the superbowls he would have been in by now.
    You republican whore!

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

"Del Rio" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    I was listening to a thing on ESPN radio where they were talking about how people are selected to the HOF and how seriously it was taken. There was a guy who had been on the panel many many times it was very interesting.

Basically who knows why Jim is off the list. The guy said there are a lot of players who were really really good, but the years they are up for it there are some better.

The guy was amazing no doubt, his longevity was crazy, granted he declined big time in the end. But his record of 282 consecutive games is amazing and his nfl record of 29 fumble recoveries is awesome.

He played around great players, he only went to the pro-bowl twice. I don't think he will never be in the HOF.
    ??? So you think he will be there eventually? Or did you mean that you think that he will never be in (or alternately, you don't think that he will ever be in)?

I'm takin' you to school, DR!!!
    gol 'darnit it Cajun it's Friday. Besides this is the only one I consider a good dig, the rest were yawners. lol

Jim Marshall will never be in the HOF.
    Okay, Del, it's time for Final Jeopardy! Let's see if you can find out what I mean by this:

MATT DAMON!

(Yes, I am trying to make a point related to this thread).

BTW, Del, nice sig!

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

DEVIKINGFAN! is offline Pro-Bowler

No Superbowls??? First team to make it to 4 (win or lose) granted they did lose (cried for each one) Page made it.. Eller finally made it... Bud made it... Tarkenton made it....Krause made it (highlight of SB XI). Both Larsen and Marshall were a big part of the PPE D, all of them deserve to be in...

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn t thinking."
    - General George Patton Jr

You have to win a superbowl if your numbers are boarderline, it doesnt matter if you were part of a great defence or not. He should be in but I understand why he is not.
    You republican whore!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"PurpleRide" wrote:
    You have to win a superbowl if your numbers are boarderline, it doesnt matter if you were part of a great defence or not. He should be in but I understand why he is not.
    He is the Iron Man of football; he deserves to be in. (so does Tommy Kramer) Hehee!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast