Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Jets quarterback Chad Pennington to the Vikings?

"PurpleHornsOfDestruction" wrote:
    In my opinion Chad Pennington is a top 5 quarterback in the NFL. Personally, he is my favorite quarterbcak in the NFL and has been for a few years. He is incredibly accurate. Smart. He can read defenses well and is a clutch QB. Those are the only 3 qualities I look for in a NFL QB along with his great pocket presence and leadership. Like Joe Montana was. Joe Montana had the same qualities and had anything but mobility and a rocket arm. He doesn't need to be "mobile" where he'll take off and run. And he doesn't need a rocket arm. I would be so overjoyed if we got Pennington I would predict playoffs this year.
    We're west coast offense and Chilly's idea of a deep ball is 30 yards so he can throw that is would be great in our system. He seems like the missing peace in our team. And plus he's 30. So we can draft Matt Ryan who can take over in a couple years. Future of the francise. You heard it here first
    ;D
    Hmmmm.
    Top 5 huh.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statis...on=2&year=2007
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

PurpleGator is offline Hall of Famer

That would be a great trade for NYJ but not for us.

I like that we get national coverage only when NY plays against us or they want to dump their garbage on us.

Hopefully Childress doesn't fall for that trick because somebody on the East coast thinks its a good idea.
    (Good idea for NYJ)

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

"Marrdro" wrote:
    In my opinion Chad Pennington is a top 5 quarterback in the NFL. Personally, he is my favorite quarterbcak in the NFL and has been for a few years. He is incredibly accurate. Smart. He can read defenses well and is a clutch QB. Those are the only 3 qualities I look for in a NFL QB along with his great pocket presence and leadership. Like Joe Montana was. Joe Montana had the same qualities and had anything but mobility and a rocket arm. He doesn't need to be "mobile" where he'll take off and run. And he doesn't need a rocket arm. I would be so overjoyed if we got Pennington I would predict playoffs this year.
    We're west coast offense and Chilly's idea of a deep ball is 30 yards so he can throw that is would be great in our system. He seems like the missing peace in our team. And plus he's 30. So we can draft Matt Ryan who can take over in a couple years. Future of the francise. You heard it here first
    ;D
    Hmmmm.
    Top 5 huh.

Well . . . 13th is a hell of a lot better than 40th (or dead last).

I don't know much about PENNINGTON, but he's definately an upgrade at QB for us . . . but I'm not sure about playoffs.

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

PurpleGator is offline Hall of Famer

"sleepagent" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    ;D
    Hmmmm.
    Top 5 huh.

I don't know much about PENNINGTON, but he's definately an upgrade at QB for us . . . but I'm not sure about playoffs.
    Having a Pennington is like having a T-Jack.
    The Vikings don't need another one.

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

Pennington is a top 5 NFL QB in the same way that Jay Fiedler was a top 5 NFL QB...which is to say he isn't, never was, never will be.

Seriously guys, no one really expects the Vikings to compete for a playoff spot now, do they?
    If not, why hamper TJack's development?
    Pennington is certainly no long term savior at QB for the Vikings.
    If TJack isn't going to be the long term answer, we need to find out sooner rather than later.
    At this point, I don't care if the Vikings go 0-12 the rest of the way, TJack needs to take every snap under center.
    Repetition, seeing stuff live on the field at game speed, developing timing and rapport with the receivers, these are the things TJack needs to get as much of as possible.
    TJack has the "physical tools", now he needs to refine his skill set (mental and physical) to become a good NFL QB.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Pennington is a guy who is a bit damaged, he is a WCO QB, using timing and accuracy. He doesn't the arm strength some look for. He makes up for it with accuracy and anticipation. I like him AS A JET. Tarvaris is our future, and I think it is going to be pretty good with the young guys on our team.

"Marrdro" wrote:
    ;D
    Hmmmm.
    Top 5 huh.

I in no way mean stat wise. Stats never tell the whole story and if it were not for his lack of arm strength people would be saying his has (he has enough in my opinion if you have enough strength to put the ball where you want to put it and where only the receiver can get it you have enough arm strength in the NFL). He has accuracy and ball location that can't be much more perfect. There isn't much more you need to be a NF quarterback. He has the 3 qualities I said were needed in the NFL and just because he has very little more then those qualities doesnt mean much in my eyes.
    I personally would put him 5 under Manning, Brady, Kitna, and Romo or Favre.

In no way did I indicate he was a long term fix. Thats why I drafted Matt Ryan.

Just thought I'd bring this up. Not trying to hi-jack the thread but...
    Funny. look who's last on that list you gave me.

RANK

NAME

COMP
    ATT

%

Yards

YPA

LONG
    TD

TD%
    INT

INT %
    SCK
    SKY

Passing rating

34(Last) T. Jackson QB, MIN 30 56 53.6 329 5.88 60 1 1.8 5 8.9 1.0 0

O-line sucked for Jackson allowing all of 1 sack. huh

Holcomb's atleast 27

RANK

NAME

COMP
    ATT

%

Yards

YPA

LONG
    TD

TD%
    INT

INT %
    SCK
    SKyrd
    Passing rating

27 K. Holcomb QB, MIN 35 67 52.2 427 6.37 40 1 1.5 1 1.5 10.0 67 70.9
    "Some Coaches pray for wisdom. I pray for 300 lbs. lineman. They give me plenty of wisdom"
    -Chuck Noll

R.I.P. Sean Taylor

scorptile is offline Starter

"sleepagent" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    ;D
    Hmmmm.
    Top 5 huh.

sorry i just had to post this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwq7BYOnDrM
    proud fan of the SB XLI champions.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:
    ;D
    Hmmmm.
    Top 5 huh.

I in no way mean stat wise. Stats never tell the whole story and if it were not for his lack of arm strength people would be saying his has (he has enough in my opinion if you have enough strength to put the ball where you want to put it and where only the receiver can get it you have enough arm strength in the NFL). He has accuracy and ball location that can't be much more perfect. There isn't much more you need to be a NF quarterback. He has the 3 qualities I said were needed in the NFL and just because he has very little more then those qualities doesnt mean much in my eyes.
    I personally would put him 5 under Manning, Brady, Kitna, and Romo or Favre.

In no way did I indicate he was a long term fix. Thats why I drafted Matt Ryan.

Just thought I'd bring this up. Not trying to hi-jack the thread but...
    Funny. look who's last on that list you gave me.

RANK

NAME

COMP
    ATT

%

Yards

YPA

LONG
    TD

TD%
    INT

INT %

SCK
    SKY

Passing rating

34(Last) T. Jackson QB, MIN 30 56 53.6 329 5.88 60 1 1.8 5 8.9 1.0 0

O-line sucked for Jackson allowing all of 1 sack. huh

Holcomb's atleast 27

RANK

NAME

COMP
    ATT

%

Yards

YPA

LONG
    TD

TD%
    INT

INT %

SCK

SKyrd
    Passing rating

27 K. Holcomb QB, MIN 35 67 52.2 427 6.37 40 1 1.5 1 1.5 10.0 67 70.9
    So this post tells me you don't like Tarvaris or you're unwilling to give him more time to see if he can improve. Would you rather see Holcumb continue to start?
    I wonder if Pennington was ranked 17th or better after his 4th start?
    Like you, I would like to have Pennington here too. But only as a backup and for the right price.

I might point out that the Vikings have had 4 quarterbacks in this system so far in regular season games.
    None have been successful yet.
    Some on this site would say that this system is a quarterback killer.
    I don't believe that. Pennington would be the best of all of them. But Tarvaris deserves more time.
    Bollinger and Holcumb need to be upgraded. And so does the O-line.
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

Pennington would be good as the 2nd string QB. We could see if TJ is going to be any good, while Chad learns the offense. Who cares about arm strenth with our offense. Who the hell would catch the bomb anyway? Plus we could get rid of Brooks. It isnt a waste of a 7th round if it came to that. But since he doesnt have anything to do with Philly it will never happen...

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast