Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Jets quarterback Chad Pennington to the Vikings?

ok, so everytime their is an average quarterback about to be benched in the NFL we are going to have to read threads like this one.
    Our quarterbacks are terrible.
    We know that.
    But Pennington is not the answer.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"vikingivan" wrote:
    ok, so everytime their is an average quarterback about to be benched in the NFL we are going to have to read threads like this one.
    Our quarterbacks are terrible.
    We know that.
    But Pennington is not the answer.
    It was just an article I thought I would share. Like I said... I don't agree with it, just thought some of you guys (and gals) may find it interesting.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"DaVizzles" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Negative.

For the following 3 reasons:

a.
    Injuries.
    b.
    Injuries.
    c.
    Injuries.
    Don't forget the worst arm strength you can possibly have. By far the worst arm of any starting QB in the NFL
    I think the injury stated in item c directly impacted that arm strenght.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

While I don't want to run out and get him, they broke down his play on the NFL network last night and they were showing some of the throws he was making and his accuracy is fantastic. They made the comment that all of the arm strength in the world does you no good if you don't put it in the receivers hands, which is absolutely true. But the replays of his accuracy and presence in the pocket would make him a great fit for our offense.

The bad part is that he is making some very very bad decisions on where to throw the ball at times and it has led to some terrible turnovers. Now that is something that a QB developing guru could probably address and you could look at the playes he is having a heard time with and remove them, but we would need the right coach.Somebody like Holmgren.

And he certainly is too hard to keep healthy, which combined with our line would lead to an early demise in Minnesota.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

Theoretically we shouldn't be throwing too many deep balls anyways. If TJ proves to be completely inept and throws another handful of ints I think he'd be perfect for us.

Gotta admit he's better than anyone we've had since Daunte, and more accurate than anyone we've had for a long time.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

LOL! You guys take things way to seriously.

There isn't even a rumor out there about any of these trades yet. It is nothing more than Florio's idea of what trades he thinks would make sense.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

In my opinion Chad Pennington is a top 5 quarterback in the NFL. Personally, he is my favorite quarterbcak in the NFL and has been for a few years. He is incredibly accurate. Smart. He can read defenses well and is a clutch QB. Those are the only 3 qualities I look for in a NFL QB along with his great pocket presence and leadership. Like Joe Montana was. Joe Montana had the same qualities and had anything but mobility and a rocket arm. He doesn't need to be "mobile" where he'll take off and run. And he doesn't need a rocket arm. I would be so overjoyed if we got Pennington I would predict playoffs this year.
    We're west coast offense and Chilly's idea of a deep ball is 30 yards so he can throw that is would be great in our system. He seems like the missing peace in our team. And plus he's 30. So we can draft Matt Ryan who can take over in a couple years. Future of the francise. You heard it here first
    ;D
    "Some Coaches pray for wisdom. I pray for 300 lbs. lineman. They give me plenty of wisdom"
    -Chuck Noll

R.I.P. Sean Taylor

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

"singersp" wrote:

There isn't even a rumor out there about any of these trades yet. It is nothing more than Florio's idea of what trades he thinks would make sense.
    You are right again sing.
    But give us a break.
    We haven't played a game in two weeks, and haven't had a win in over a month.
    We need something to occupy are time.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"vikingivan" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

You are right again sing.
    But give us a break.
    We haven't played a game in two weeks, and haven't had a win in over a month.
    We need something to occupy are time.
    Isn't that what the "Cheer Up", "True HOF", Boobies", "Thongs", "Girls in T-Shirts" & "Girls Gone Nekid" threads are for?
    :-

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"PurpleHornsOfDestruction" wrote:
    In my opinion Chad Pennington is a top 5 quarterback in the NFL. Personally, he is my favorite quarterbcak in the NFL and has been for a few years. He is incredibly accurate. Smart. He can read defenses well and is a clutch QB. Those are the only 3 qualities I look for in a NFL QB along with his great pocket presence and leadership. Like Joe Montana was. Joe Montana had the same qualities and had anything but mobility and a rocket arm. He doesn't need to be "mobile" where he'll take off and run. And he doesn't need a rocket arm. I would be so overjoyed if we got Pennington I would predict playoffs this year.
    We're west coast offense and Chilly's idea of a deep ball is 30 yards so he can throw that is would be great in our system. He seems like the missing peace in our team. And plus he's 30. So we can draft Matt Ryan who can take over in a couple years. Future of the francise. You heard it here first
    ;D
    Hmmmmm......I don't think any of your preferences are good....but your entitled to your opinion.

There is no way CP is a top 5 QB, he isnt even top 20.

I do like Matt Ryan though, he reminds me of Tom Brady

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast