Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    LunchBox is offline Rookie

Jet's game review

QB- Daunte looked awesome, BJ and Hill did not. We need Pep to play in all 16 games this year!
    RB- Bennet and Moore both looked terrible, although Bennet looked worse
    OL- Yuck, our line just sucks. No blocking, tons of penalties. How is that possible with a head coach that was a OL coach and an OC that was a line coach? This could be a big, big problem for us
    WR- Burly looked like a number one guy, and i feel about 200x better about Williamson now

DL- Um, hello? Pressure?? and James just got dominated by that second string Tackle
    LB- Is Harris ever around the ball? You never see him. And DTom ripped it up against the 4th stringers!
    CB- Williams was terrible, we need Smoot to recover from all 17 injuries fast
    S- It's official, Darren Sharper has lost a step, however, he is still 3 steps ahead of Brian Russel

P- Was anyone else praying that Bennett's injury was season ending?
    K- Both guys looked pretty good kicking off

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Jet's game review

Brian Williams Blew 3 Coveriges.

!: For a Key first down in Vikings territory.
    2: For a Touchdown Bye Coles
    3: Yet Another Touchdown bye one of their sh1tty ass WR.

so...In my closing, brian williams sucks, Thank you jebus for Smoot.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

I also thought Darren Sharper...Played Good...I dont feel he has lost his step at all unless losing your step is ROckin the sh1t outta the Jets WR's

Also our defense Played Bad A$$ the first couple series...

"I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.

smootpepper is offline Pro-Bowler

On a good note, the Big K sauser look real good. I seen him lead blocking and just standing people up at the point on contact. And that shoe string catch was good. I was surprised he caught that.

Vikefan05 is offline Pro-Bowler

almost the entire first half was dominated by our D. something like 9 yards total offense until 7 min remaining in the half. I'm impressed
    Its better to lose the first game than the last one.

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

QB - Daunte looked really good. He looked in mid-season forma nd was the only one that didn't disappoint.

RB- Fason looked good before the injury. But with the terrible blocking you can't evalute this position any further.

OL- Wow. We score on first 3 drives without all those penalty by our line. That was pathetic. Tice needs to whip them into shape, quick.

WR - Great job by everyone here. Hoag looked good, I think he'll be on the roster. Robinson, Burleson, Williamson and Taylor all got open well.

DL - A decent job by the Dline. However Udeze needs to get a little more of an edge on the outside and Erasmus James needs to playw ith the first team. He's got the speed that we were lacking up there. Awesome job on run defense by this group. And even though the Jets avoided a sack or two that they shouldn't have, a good job with pressure, bad job with coverage.

LBs - Again, good job with Run defense. DT look really good against their back-ups. He's going to be good depth. Henderson looked good on the outside. Harriss needs more time I think.

CB - Williams was NOT terrible*. Winfield was good. This unit needs more time to gell and Fred Smoot can only help.

S- Sharper missed an assignment that made B-will look bad and gave them 7 points. He needs some more time, it's Pre-season, you can't say someone has lost a step yet. Chavous looked good, he laid a stick to Curtis Martin on third and 16.

P - I think Dorsch will win the job, Bennett just isn't good enough. And yes I was hoping it was season-ending.

K - Edinger missed that 37-yarder. I didn't see any other FG attempts. Edinger better shape up, I don't care what anyone says I don't want to start the season with Aaron Elling at kicker.

HC - Horrible prep. Team looked sluggish and sloppy, with way too many penalties. He needs to stick his boot into a few guys. We can't faulter on the raod like we did last year, we have to be prepared for life outside the Metrodome.

OC - Bad. I don't know if this was just because it's pre-season and he doesn't want to tip his hand, but his O-line looked like incoherent crap, He didn't use Bennett well at all, and was pretty darn predictable.

DC - equally bad. Players didn't seem to know what to do, weren't preped well, and he was way too conservative. Has to put his players in position to make plays with more blitzes and has to use the Safety in the right way.

* The first TD by Coles wasn't B-will's fault at all he did what he supposed to and too a tee, Sharper wasn't where he was supposed to be so when B-will made his move to either take good position on the inside or move Coles back to Sharper, sharper wasn't there.

The Second TD, I don't think he got punked. It sure looked like Chrebet kind of draged him down, but if he didn't he lost his footing. Pre-season is a time to Iron out mistakes like losing your footing.
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Daunte- Don't even need to say a word

RB's- All didn't have a chance to look good, Fason had a nice cutback that went for a nice gain though..

WR's- My main man Taylor looked good.. M-rob had some nice ones.. Typical Burleson and Williamson looked good getting his feet wet

OL- Where to start? Looked like they couldn't handle them at all and were very sloppy

DL- Only pressure I saw was on a blitz k-will got into Pennington but couldn't wrap him up.. He was against Mawae though..

LB's- EJ got to the sidelines quick.. I haven't seen Napo once.. Cowart as well.. DT torn it up but that was against 4th string.. He did get a sack too

CB's- Well I see why they didn't pay B-will more and why he is our Nickle.. Toine had some nice tackles.. Let's hope for Smoot back soon

S- Sharper broke up that one play and about took it away for a pick.. Chavous had some nice hits.. Im digging these safetys more then with Russell thats for sure

K- Edinger missed that one but barley.. He kicked it into the endzone 2 times so thats a plus.. Im happy with Elling or Edinger

P- Darren actually had a decent game!

Not sure if I missed anything but if I did oh well no one wil really read this anyway..

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

My boy DT played like an animal last night! Man I wish Tice would let him play more with the 1st team D. I did however think EJ looked like a new man out there at WLB this week. He played really well when he was in.

Cowart also played well in his short stint. Sharper played well except for him being a couple steps behind on that TD pass. Darrion Scott looked really good.

Daunte and all the receivers played really well. I think MM did as well as he could, for what kind of blocking he got. He made some guys miss and I think he broke 3 or 4 tackles on one run. Fason looked good again on his few carries. He is a heck of a cutback runner. Hope his injury isn't serious.

O-line sucked balls, but we were without Lewinski and Birk, so hopefully it should look much better when they get back. Goldberg and a rookie at the guard spots and a backup center in there, and your asking for trouble.

Bennett punted much much better and Elling may have moved even farther ahead of Edinger, thanks to edinger missing that 37 or so yarder that didn't end up counting. i did however, think edinger had some real nice kickoffs last night though.

Special teams looked far from special. i don't know who half those guys were out there trying to return kicks, and we probably never will know who they are, by the way they played.

I tell ya what chavous looked Bad A$$, Him and sharper in that back field is gonna be a force to reckon with. also, A-win...Amazing..love this guy...cant say enough about him...I cant wait till Smoot comes in and completes the puzzle.

Oh and another thing....where the h3ll is fred smoot?? Whats goin on with his injuries...????

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast