Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

Jerseys retired?

i dont really know how to say this but im just gonna put it out there if you dont like it feel free to send it right on back.... do you think that moss's or c-peps jerseys will evr be retired? i dont think peps should as he only had a few good years but moss should definitl. he was hear like what 8 years? and he had over 1000 7 times? thats impressive.
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Jerseys retired?

he was here 7 years and had over 1000 6 times. (and 90 touchdowns)

it'll never be retired

edit: (adding more), although moss is an extremely talented player and a terrific entertainer, he never did much for the actual organization. yes you can argue he brought us some popularity with the throw it up offense they showed off, but those were mainly bandwagon fans that stopped watching when we'd lose and/or traded moss. yes we went 15-1 his rookie year, yes we made it to the NFC championship, but we never really accomplished much if you think about it. ecspecially with all the shit he caused the front office, they'll never retire his number, if he would have played longer here and changed his attitude (to about what it is now), you best your ass it would have been retired

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

but numbers dont tell everything. he helped this team alot. i think it should be considered
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

he also caused a lot of problems between players and had disputes with the starting QB his final year on the team, he left on a bad note, it wont happen

if it does, go him then lol, and you can razz me all you want for my statements, but i dont see that happening

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

wv__viking__fan is offline Starter

Neither should be retired. If we are going to retire anymore jerseys, John Randle's #93 should be high up on the list of next.
    Let s Go Mountaineers!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    he was here 7 years and had over 1000 6 times. (and 90 touchdowns)

it'll never be retired

edit: (adding more), although moss is an extremely talented player and a terrific entertainer, he never did much for the actual organization. yes you can argue he brought us some popularity with the throw it up offense they showed off, but those were mainly bandwagon fans that stopped watching when we'd lose and/or traded moss. yes we went 15-1 his rookie year, yes we made it to the NFC championship, but we never really accomplished much if you think about it. ecspecially with all the pooh he caused the front office, they'll never retire his number, if he would have played longer here and changed his attitude (to about what it is now), you best your jiggly butt it would have been retired
    Just because a team doesn't accomplish much, doesn't mean the player didn't.

Example: Cris Carter

Retiring a players jersey is based on that players accomplishments & not what the team as a whole has done as a whole.

I still don't believe Mosses' jersy will be retired unless he was to return to the Vikings.

Chuck Foreman did a lot for this team & his jersey is not retired.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Why did K-Will take 93? Seems like a dickish thing to do when an all time great wore it just a few tears earlier and didn't have a chance for it to be retired. I don't know why Krause's and Foreman's haven't been retired either.

umaguma1979 is offline Asst. Coach

Kramer's #9 jersey should be retired.

Nobody since Jim mcmahon has wore the jersey.

Kramer was the man.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

You never know they could always come back and lead us to some Super Bowls. As it stands right now though, they haven't done enough to get their jersey retired.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Moss's won't be because he didn't stay a Viking. He had some great stats and all, but I don't think he deserves to have his number retired. For that, you have to have a great career with one team over a long period of time ...7 years just isn't enough.

I don't think the Vikes (or football teams in general) really retire that many numbers. There are a lot of guys in the Ring of Fame whose numbers aren't retired like Paul Krause. Krause holds the all time record for interceptions, and #22 isn't retired.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast