Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Jersey question....

"purpleinchi" wrote:
    Okay, maybe this'll make me sound silly, but I had a question.

I just received a Reebok Adrian Peterson away Jersey I won on eBay.
    It's the kind with the tackle twill numbers and sewn name plate.
    First actual jersey I've bought.

I just realized that it doesn't have the purple side panels on the torso.

Got it for a good price, guy seems totally legit, it had the NFL hologram tag.

Did they change the design already?
    Or has anyone else experienced this with the Reebok jerseys?

On a totally seperate note, the new John Randle throwback featured on the website is totally freakin' sweet.
    Might need to see about one of those....
    These things could be addictive.
    You know, I should have brought this up in the last thread.
    I saw those same jerseys for sale in the Burnsville JC Penneys store a couple weeks back.
    Well, not totally the same, as these were home AD jerseys, not away.
    When I checked the price, it was something like $45.
    I checked the tags and the jersey had the proper tags (NFL and otherwise, I don't remember if it was Reebok, but I have to assume it was, since they are the Official Outfitter Of The NFL!!!)
    Anyway, I was all set to buy the jersey (and come right to PPO to let folks know) when I noticed it did not have the stripes down the sides.
    There were a couple other things not "authentic" about them, so I didn't buy it.

Now, if JCPennys is selling these, then they ARE real and appear to be some sort of "Non-replica" or "Non-authentic" version of the jersey.
    I would guess that the story from the guy on eBay is going to be similar to what almost happened to me.
    He bought it someplace, got it home and realized that it was not absolutely a match with the real game-day jerseys.

I have Googled (and searched the Reebok, JCPennys and Vikings.com websites) to find out more information on these, but I got nothing.

I'll keep looking, but before you start going after the guy on eBay, I thought I should bring this up.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Zeus" wrote:
    "purpleinchi" wrote:
    Okay, maybe this'll make me sound silly, but I had a question.

I just received a Reebok Adrian Peterson away Jersey I won on eBay.
    It's the kind with the tackle twill numbers and sewn name plate.
    First actual jersey I've bought.

I just realized that it doesn't have the purple side panels on the torso.

Got it for a good price, guy seems totally legit, it had the NFL hologram tag.

Did they change the design already?
    Or has anyone else experienced this with the Reebok jerseys?

On a totally seperate note, the new John Randle throwback featured on the website is totally freakin' sweet.
    Might need to see about one of those....
    These things could be addictive.
    You know, I should have brought this up in the last thread.
    I saw those same jerseys for sale in the Burnsville JC Penneys store a couple weeks back.
    Well, not totally the same, as these were home AD jerseys, not away.
    When I checked the price, it was something like $45.
    I checked the tags and the jersey had the proper tags (NFL and otherwise, I don't remember if it was Reebok, but I have to assume it was, since they are the Official Outfitter Of The NFL!!!)
    Anyway, I was all set to buy the jersey (and come right to PPO to let folks know) when I noticed it did not have the stripes down the sides.
    There were a couple other things not "authentic" about them, so I didn't buy it.

Now, if JCPennys is selling these, then they ARE real and appear to be some sort of "Non-replica" or "Non-authentic" version of the jersey.
    I would guess that the story from the guy on eBay is going to be similar to what almost happened to me.
    He bought it someplace, got it home and realized that it was not absolutely a match with the real game-day jerseys.

I have Googled (and searched the Reebok, JCPennys and Vikings.com websites) to find out more information on these, but I got nothing.

I'll keep looking, but before you start going after the guy on eBay, I thought I should bring this up.

=Z=
    There is also a company out there called I believe "Authentix" or similar to it that make jerseys. Not the best quality in the world or an "exact" duplicate, but for a lot less money.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

I hope you guys are happy, now you sent me scrambling up two flights of stairs to my closet to check the Peterson authentic I just got off ebay this week.

Whew....
    It has the side panels.
    Thank goodness.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

You know...now that Zeus mentions it...I was in a sporting good store in Ridgedale the other week (can't remember the name...across from Footlocker I think) and noticed the same thing.
    I picked it up and something didn't look right, then I noticed the side panels missing. I think it was a Peterson jersey as well)
    So maybe they are "real" after all.
    Either way, I can't imagine why they would cheap out of 8 extra cents and not put the side panels on.
    Bastads!!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Turboe" wrote:
    I hope you guys are happy, now you sent me scrambling up two flights of stairs to my closet to check the Peterson authentic I just got off ebay this week.

Whew....
    It has the side panels.
    Thank goodness.
    ??? Why did you scramble up two flights of stairs when you already had this pic at your disposal on your computer that clearly shows the side panels?

[img width=450 height=337]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/Turboe/Vikings/2007-07-02_1534.jpg[/img]

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"singersp" wrote:
    "Turboe" wrote:

Whew....
    It has the side panels.
    Thank goodness.
    ??? Why did you scramble up two flights of stairs when you already had this pic at your disposal on your computer that clearly shows the side panels?

[img width=450 height=337]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/Turboe/Vikings/2007-07-02_1534.jpg[/img]
    Nice orange room you got there, Turboe.

=Z=

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Turboe" wrote:

Whew....
    It has the side panels.
    Thank goodness.

Nice orange room you got there, Turboe.

=Z=
    Looks the same as the all yellow hats in certain light.

purpleinchi is offline Waterboy

Well, it makes me feel a little bit better to hear that there are others out there that have seen 'em like this.
    Most people probably won't notice the difference, anyway.

I'm not going to pursue the matter via eBay or PayPal.
    If I'd paid closer attention when looking at the pics, I'd have noticed the missing side panels, so I put the onus and responsibility on me.

Plus, I'd have no way to absolutely determine if this guy screwed me, or got screwed by a supplier, and I'm not going to start messing with someone's business reputation without being sure.

He was reasonable in his response, not a jerk at all, not defensive, so that helped him out a lot with me, too.

Again, lesson learned.
    And you're right, thank god it wasn't a K-Rob jersey :P

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I guess because I get most of my jersey's as gifts, I've never really put that much thought into them other than the number and name and to thank the people who sent them.

The ones I have purchased were again, focused on number and price not if they were authentic.

Gonna have to put more thought into it I guess. Definately don't want people saying behind my back/or to my face, man that isn't an authentic jersey, or you really got screwed on that on
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"purpleinchi" wrote:
    He was reasonable in his response, not a jerk at all, not defensive, so that helped him out a lot with me, too.
    Did he tell you from where he acquired the jersey?

=Z=

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast