Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vikesrgreat2 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    +1
    He's not worth it in my opinion. Start Patterson NOW! Point toward the future!

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    This is so simple....get rid of him. He ain't that good.
    No reason for Patterson to play behind Simpson on a 2-7 team, even if he is 'raw' or doesn't know the entire playbook. Perhaps this will get Patterson more playing time.
    Generally speaking, first round picks should be day one starters or they should have been picked later in the draft.
    I doubt we will see Simpson in purple next year despite his improved play.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    JEROME SIMPSON: An app away from avoiding arrest?

Read more: JEROME SIMPSON: An app away from avoiding arrest? - KMSP-TV JEROME SIMPSON: An app away from avoiding arrest? - KMSP-TV

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    Bah, humbug on the notion Patterson is "raw". How much polish does it take to tell a receiver, "Run this pattern on this play and catch it when it's thrown to you."? Quick slants, WR screens, passes to the flat, pitches, flys, are pretty simple even for a rookie. Just get the damn ball in the boy's hands.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    Bah, humbug on the notion Patterson is "raw". How much polish does it take to tell a receiver, "Run this pattern on this play and catch it when it's thrown to you."?
    A fair bit obviously, otherwise the most athletic people in the world would be the best receivers. Unfortunatley, that's not the case. Receivers need to have a very thorough understanding of coverages, routes, and reading a defense. Almost to the extent a QB needs to.

I would say on offense, the order of easiness to catch on is:
    RB
    FB
    OL
    TE
    WR
    QB

No argument there. I'm just saying give the kid something simple to do and have him do it. Hell, hand him the ball if you have to.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    A fair bit obviously, otherwise the most athletic people in the world would be the best receivers. Unfortunatley, that's not the case. Receivers need to have a very thorough understanding of coverages, routes, and reading a defense. Almost to the extent a QB needs to.

I would say on offense, the order of easiness to catch on is:
    RB
    FB
    OL
    TE
    WR
    QB
    So you are rationalizing why the Vikings are unable to use raw talent ? You must love Musgrave!
    All they need to do is put this guy on the field, put the ball in his hands, and he will dispel the raw myth.
    Childress had AP on the bench in favor of Chester Taylor until about game seven of the season. Some coaches are morons.
    This coaching staff is horrendous. I wouldn't make excuses for them.

Simpson charged with two counts of DWI
    One on account he was drunk. Another on account he was stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    So you are rationalizing why the Vikings are unable to use raw talent ? You must love Musgrave!
    All they need to do is put this guy on the field, put the ball in his hands, and he will dispel the raw myth.
    Childress had AP on the bench in favor of Chester Taylor until about game seven of the season. Some coaches are morons.
    This coaching staff is horrendous. I wouldn't make excuses for them.
    Exactly. QB and WR may very well be the most complex positions in which to learn all the intricacies but it shouldn't be hard to simplify it enough to get Patterson the ball. Heck when I played receiver we didn't have to have any coaches or written plays- I just ran out about 10 yards and cut toward the oak tree and Ritchie would throw it to me or run. Simple! Man, I just described our offense- ouch.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast