Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Jerome Felton arrested for DWI


    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #2
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266
    Well, that didn't take long. We barely got started in offseason workouts.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  3. #3
    Johnson14's Avatar
    Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,681
    Footballers really are not the sharpest tac's in the box huh.

  4. #4
    thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    538
    WTF .... don't these guys think about anything ....

  5. #5
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2
    Blackmon got a DUI too...

    where are those folk claiming how Blackmon is a can't miss prospect because he has skill, focus and isn't a liability off the field...

  6. #6
    MaxVike's Avatar
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,552
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Blackmon got a DUI too...

    where are those folk claiming how Blackmon is a can't miss prospect because he has skill, focus and isn't a liability off the field...
    Idiocy impedes performance, no matter the profession.

    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

  7. #7
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,910
    I dont know why people expect football players to be different when so many Americans suffer and make the same boneheaded mistake to drive drunk. Its not about money. Its about feeling like you are too big to admit you can't get yourself home. Don't tell me that if you played in the NFL that you would not risk it because you have CEOs of fortune 500 companies that do the same damn thing.

  8. #8
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    I dont know why people expect football players to be different when so many Americans suffer and make the same boneheaded mistake to drive drunk. Its not about money. Its about feeling like you are too big to admit you can't get yourself home. Don't tell me that if you played in the NFL that you would not risk it because you have CEOs of fortune 500 companies that do the same damn thing.
    While this is true, athletes who are lucky enough to be able to make it into the NFL need to be aware that they are held to a higher standard than the average joe.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  9. #9
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,279
    More than 6,000 Minnesotan's were arrested for drinking and driving in 2011 alone. I'm guessing for every one person that gets caught there are easily 100 who don't.

    That's not an excuse for anyone, just a little perspective.

  10. #10
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    More than 6,000 Minnesotan's were arrested for drinking and driving in 2011 alone. I'm guessing for every one person that gets caught there are easily 100 who don't.

    That's not an excuse for anyone, just a little perspective.
    You are dead on for the number of people who don't get caught IMHO.

    But on the same note - the state of Minnesota has just over 5.3 million people in it. the 6000+ who were arrested for DWI last year represent just over 1/10 of a percent of the population.

    The Vikings have had three DWI arrests in the last year. That equates to 5.5% of their 53 man roster. The stats are similar for the rest of the NFL.

    I don't know exactly what that means, but it expands the perspective a bit.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •