Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Jermaine Wiggins: Forgotten man

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "DCPologirl" wrote:
    Yah I have been totally scratching my head on this one so far this season....why is Wiggins notbeing used more?
    It troubles me.
    he is reliable and he gets the job done, I heard an interview with him after the game and someone asked him why he isn't being used more and he didn't know what to say.
    Childress.........USE WIGGY!
    He will nor disappoint you!
    YEAH!!!
    Or Pologirl will come over to Winter Park and KICK YOUR A$$!!!!
    Yea I can attest to that.
    You should have heard her go off about Wiggy after the game listening to KFAN!
    ;D

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

"Eyedea" wrote:
    I'm not really surprised that Wiggins production has dropped, but I didn't think it would be this big of a drop.
    Wiggins made most of his catches the past few years when he was teh check-down under-neither type guy.
    When guys like Moss, Robinson, Williamson would run deep passes it opened up the middle and underneith for Wiggins.
    He was never a 'go to guy', but more of a saftey blanket.
    However, now since we are not stretching the field and defenses don't have to worry about a fast moss or robinson getting behind them, they can play up more and stop the short passes that usually went to Wiggins.
    Also, Wiggins is a much bigger threat to

I know alot of people here are going to disagree with me here but... While I do really enjoy watching Wiggins play and give interviews, we should upgrade the position if we can.
    Our offense if filled with too many complementary guys and not enough play-makers.
    Wiggins is not a player that scares defense.
    While we can go out and sign or draft a WR to be that playmaker (along with williamson, who is starting to become one), a tight end is a better option.
    Tight ends are a great weapon against cover 2 defenses, as they can attack the seam down the middle of the field.
    Wiggins just does not have the athleticism to do this.
    And with every team in our division running some cover 2 sceme, a great, athletic tight end would be a nice weapon to have.
    as much as i like wiggy and jim, you are right.. unless we start running a lot from the twin TE set.. or with more than the FB and RB in the backfield -wth all those full house type formations that i hate- wiggy and jim arent going to get many passes

good point eyedea
    i m better than you, so just give up...

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

[size=10pt]Vikings: Wiggins believes his time will come[/size]

http://www.startribune.com/510/story/703780.html

Jermaine Wiggins' teammates joke that there isn't a pass play on which the veteran says he's not open. Wiggins' politicking to get the ball in his thick "East BAH-ston" accent has become an accepted part of the Vikings huddle.
    "I'm a confident player, and I feel like no matter where [we are] on the field I can help," he said. "That's just the way I am. I'm always going to feel that way. ... Everybody that knows me, knows that I'm that way."

But the best pass-catching tight end on the Vikings roster hasn't been asked to help much lately. Wiggins has three receptions in the past two games after catching five in the season opener at Washington.

Wiggins, who had a rare drop in the Vikings' victory over Carolina in Week 2, had only one catch in Sunday's loss to Chicago, only the third time in 34 games as a Viking that he had fewer than two receptions.

But if Wiggins is frustrated, he isn't willing to express it.

"I'm not worried about it one bit," said Wiggins, who has seen his blocking duties increase this season. "I know I'm going to have opportunities to make plays when my number is called, and I know it's going to get called. The bottom line is that we are winning, and that's the most important thing."

The Vikings (2-1) are only three regular-season games into running Brad Childress' version of the West Coast offense, so it's safe to assume the scheme will undergo a few tweaks. Still, it's a bit surprising Wiggins hasn't been a bigger part of things -- especially considering the Vikings offense has not scored a touchdown since the third quarter of the victory at Washington and has struggled in the red zone.

One situation in which Wiggins could have been called on came on the Vikings' final offensive play Sunday. Trailing by three points and facing a fourth-and-2 from their own 46-yard line, quarterback Brad Johnson attempted a deep pass to Troy Williamson that fell incomplete. It was the type of short-pass situation in which Wiggins thrives.

"Obviously the tight end needs to be a part of our offense," Childress said. "At different points during the [quarterback's] progression, he is in there. He is not standing on the line of scrimmage blocking each and every step. We're looking to involve them right now. It's not as if they are factored out."

Childress, the former offensive coordinator with Philadelphia, comes from a scheme that frequently used the tight end as a target. Last season, L.J. Smith tied for the Eagles' team lead with 61 catches.

Those are the type of numbers Wiggins has become accustomed to in his two seasons with the Vikings. He led the team in receptions each of his first two seasons, catching a total of 140 passes. That is the third-most receptions by a Vikings player in his first two seasons with the franchise -- Rickey Young (160) and Randy Moss (149) are one and two -- and is the fourth among NFL tight ends in that time period.

"I don't need all the individual accolades," Wiggins said. "I prefer a championship ring. If that means other guys are stepping up and making plays to help us win, there are going to be games when I make plays to help us win. ... I don't have one of those big egos where it hurts my feelings if I don't catch balls."

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

start getting him the damn ball! thats what has moved the offense the past 2 years, so why does childress come in and forget about the guy completely..get him the freakin ball, especially in the red zone
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

I was extremely pissed off when he had like 1 catch this past Sunday.. That guy always finds a way to get open.. Between him and Kleinsasser thay had like 2-3 catches all game long.. That is horrible for those two..

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "DCPologirl" wrote:
    Yah I have been totally scratching my head on this one so far this season....why is Wiggins notbeing used more?
    It troubles me.
    he is reliable and he gets the job done, I heard an interview with him after the game and someone asked him why he isn't being used more and he didn't know what to say.
    Childres.........USE WIGGY!
    You're biased because he makes your thighs sweat.

=Z=
    No no no no...let's make things clear immediately...I love Wiggins because I think he is an incredible football player that doesn't get enough credit and he is one of the funniest looking athletes I have ever seen.
    Now Antoine Winfield and darren Sharper make my thighs sweat...... :P

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "DCPologirl" wrote:
    It troubles me.

=Z=
    You haven't been paying attention, Z...it's Sharper that she thinks is cute.

Wiggy, she likes solely because he is an OLD-SCHOOL FOOTBALL PLAYER...his looks have NOTHING to do with it!
    Did she scream like a crazy woman outside the bus to get Darren Sharper to autograph for her?
    No - it was for Wiggins.

Does she have a quote which says "Gettin' Sharpie wit it?"
    No.
    It's "Gettin' Wiggy wit it".

DC wants the Wigster - there's no doubting it.

=Z=
    Um no Zeus...LOL Cajun is right...he's just my favorite player and I love him
    ;D
    I already have Darren Sharpers autograph lol

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"DCPologirl" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "DCPologirl" wrote:
    It troubles me.

=Z=
    No no no no...let's make things clear immediately...I love Wiggins because I think he is an incredible football player that doesn't get enough credit and he is one of the funniest looking athletes I have ever seen.
    Now Antoine Winfield and darren Sharper make my thighs sweat...... :P
    I thought that Keith made you Sweat???
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

BigMoInAZ is offline Pro-Bowler

Sweaty thighs?
    I like a good workout like the next person, but sweaty thighs just don't cut it!
    Now if your talking about getting hot and bothered, then the picture is not so fuzzy, but sweaty thighs?
    ewwwwwwwww :P

Lo there, do I see the line of my People...Back to the Beginning.
    Lo do They call to me...They bid me take my Place among Them...in the Halls of VALHALLA where t

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"I don't need all the individual accolades," Wiggins said. "I prefer a championship ring. If that means other guys are stepping up and making plays to help us win, there are going to be games when I make plays to help us win. ... I don't have one of those big egos where it hurts my feelings if I don't catch balls."
    180 from shockey one might say =P

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast