singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Jennings Begs Ponder to Trust WRs

Greg Jennings Begs Christian Ponder to Trust Wide Receivers, Cordarrelle Patterson Essential to QB Success After Strong Debut

Minnesota Vikings Rumors: Greg Jennings Begs Christian Ponder to Trust Wide Receivers, Cordarrelle Patterson Essential to QB Success After Strong Debut : US : Sports World Report

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

For Vikings to succeed, Christian Ponder must win the confidence game

For Vikings to succeed, Christian Ponder must win the confidence game - TwinCities.com

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

No confidence says Jennings. Not good. Was it Marrdro who said players would always say good things about their QB? Haha

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    I didn't take what he was saying as bad. He said Ponder is confident in his ability to make plays but he doesn't seem to trust his QB. I think this is the natural path of QB development. You go from not knowing what to do...to knowing what to do but afraid to take risk....to knowing what to do but taking seeing the risk reward of a big play.

Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    He said Ponder is confident in his ability to make plays but he doesn't seem to trust his QB.
    Ponder doesn't seem to trust his QB or Jennings doesn't seem to trust his QB? :

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

If he doesn't have confidence in his abilities the nFL is not the place to develop it. There are lots of guys with the tools to be an NFL QB. Very few have the ability to use those tools with the precision the NFL demands and that is generally not something you learn on the fly and confidence is not something his opponents are going to allow him to gain.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    "I've told Christian this: You have all the tools," Jennings said. "I've been around some really good quarterbacks, and he has all the tools. When you have a guy that has all the tools, but he doesn't completely trust himself, it's a maturation process, too."
    Confidence that the WRs are going to be where they are suppose to be. That is how I read this.

Ponder seemed to have confidence in Rudolph and Harvin.

I am not worried. Let it play out. There have been a few WRs that I would feel suspect about getting to their spots the last few years.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Ponder seemed to have confidence in Rudolph and Harvin.
    ... on hitch and comeback routes. Seriously, most high school quarterbacks can hit those routes over 90% of the time.