Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jeff Baca

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    This guy isn't worrying Fusco. To light in the butt. Gonna be a back G at best, more importantly, a backup at C.
    Brandon Fusco - Height: 6 ft 4 in (1.93 m) Weight: 306 lb (139 kg)

Jeff Baca - 6'3" Height 302LBS. Weight 34 1/4" Arm Length

9 3/4" Hands

Why is Baca too light but not Fusco? 4 pounds separate them and one inch.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    Brandon Fusco - Height: 6 ft 4 in (1.93 m) Weight: 306 lb (139 kg)

Jeff Baca - 6'3" Height 302LBS. Weight 34 1/4" Arm Length

9 3/4" Hands

Why is Baca too light but not Fusco? 4 pounds separate them and one inch.
    So you think that Fusco is still playing at 306? If he is, it could be why he was having so much trouble last year. Hutch, in his prime used to be in the 315ish to 320ish range. I think that is optimal for a pulling G.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by snowinapril View Post
    We will see, I think you might be making your decision from his photo. LOL!

I think the kid has upside. From the video of the combine, I like his mobility.

Not that we need to go reinvent the wheel with out Offensive Line, they almost got AD the single season record. I hope that these moves add depth a the very least.
    Don't get me wrong, I think he has lots of up side and love the pick. I just don't think he is threatening anyone for a "Starters" spot this year is all.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

So you think that Fusco is still playing at 306? If he is, it could be why he was having so much trouble last year. Hutch, in his prime used to be in the 315ish to 320ish range. I think that is optimal for a pulling G.
    I don't think Fusco got much bigger. I thought when we drafted him that he was a good football player and he would get better by learning because he came from a small school. But I thought he was what he was as far as frame and size wise. I may be wrong but I don't think fusco is going to get much bigger than what he is now. Now, my question is can Baca add some weight and maybe start next year. Or does Bond have what it takes? Bond defintely has the size but can he adjust to the speed of the NFL. He will defintely be an upgrade over Fusco as far as run blocking is concerned but he will be worse IMO in the passing game. So do you trade the upgrade in run blocking for the decrease in the passing game. And can Bond make the blocks that Fusco makes in the pulling game? It will be interesting this offseason with the battles on the O-line, particularly at the guard position. Do we try Baca at LG because he is more of a complete G in regards to run, pass and pulling (particularly the pass blocking which is key on the back side). Can he replace Johnson who is solid but not spectacular? I don't know, things to ponder, what is your take Marrdro?

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

I don't think Fusco got much bigger. I thought when we drafted him that he was a good football player and he would get better by learning because he came from a small school. But I thought he was what he was as far as frame and size wise. I may be wrong but I don't think fusco is going to get much bigger than what he is now. Now, my question is can Baca add some weight and maybe start next year. Or does Bond have what it takes? Bond defintely has the size but can he adjust to the speed of the NFL. He will defintely be an upgrade over Fusco as far as run blocking is concerned but he will be worse IMO in the passing game. So do you trade the upgrade in run blocking for the decrease in the passing game. And can Bond make the blocks that Fusco makes in the pulling game? It will be interesting this offseason with the battles on the O-line, particularly at the guard position. Do we try Baca at LG because he is more of a complete G in regards to run, pass and pulling (particularly the pass blocking which is key on the back side). Can he replace Johnson who is solid but not spectacular? I don't know, things to ponder, what is your take Marrdro?
    My take is that they didn't draft 2 cats to replace 2 gaurds. I think they drafted one guy (Bond) to eventually replace Fusco or Charlie but not this year and one guy to develop as a possible backup to Sully if he doesn't come back from the surgery 100%.

Neither will go in and be a starter this year. Regardless of what most fans think, our OL play last year was good enough to warrant keeping the continuity of the line for this season.

My take is that they didn't draft 2 cats to replace 2 gaurds. I think they drafted one guy (Bond) to eventually replace Fusco or Charlie but not this year and one guy to develop as a possible backup to Sully if he doesn't come back from the surgery 100%.

Neither will go in and be a starter this year. Regardless of what most fans think, our OL play last year was good enough to warrant keeping the continuity of the line for this season.
    I agree that they will keep the line in tact unless one of these cats really shows something. But I also think they brought them in to see if they can improve BOTH guard positions. I think Baca would be a great fit at left guard with his skillset and I think Bond has the skillset to start at right guard. But potential has gotten many a coach fired. Bond, I think needs a year to understand the game and get used to the speed of the game and I think Baca needs a year to get bigger and stronger. If they both find a starting position next year we still have our backup center in Fusco. And worse case scenario we hav edepth on the line, something we haven't had in years. At least that is what I think Speilman is thinking based on these two picks.

I agree that they will keep the line in tact unless one of these cats really shows something. But I also think they brought them in to see if they can improve BOTH guard positions. I think Baca would be a great fit at left guard with his skillset and I think Bond has the skillset to start at right guard. But potential has gotten many a coach fired. Bond, I think needs a year to understand the game and get used to the speed of the game and I think Baca needs a year to get bigger and stronger. If they both find a starting position next year we still have our backup center in Fusco. And worse case scenario we hav edepth on the line, something we haven't had in years. At least that is what I think Speilman is thinking based on these two picks.
    Agree. Their goal going into the draft was to improve depth behind the starters and future starters. I think they did that real well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12