Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18
  1. #11
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: JDB running the 2nd team?

    "GreenBaySlackers" wrote:
    ....I honestly don't really know what i'm talking about though... so, there's that.
    If you are a member of pp.o you are automatically an expert in everything.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  2. #12
    mountainviking's Avatar
    mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,773

    Re: JDB running the 2nd team?

    "Prophet" wrote:
    "GreenBaySlackers" wrote:
    ....I honestly don't really know what i'm talking about though... so, there's that.
    If you are a member of pp.o you are automatically an expert in everything.
    And, an Idiot
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

    "Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

  3. #13
    jargomcfargo's Avatar
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,776

    Re: JDB running the 2nd team?

    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    Then why was TJ in when Frerotte went down for a play?

    BS is what i think
    Look at the guys name and his post count... I call BS as well.
    Is Booty even dressing for games?
    Camera never seems to find him but they sure find TJ wearing the headset.
    Exactly. Booty was inactive for the last game.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

  4. #14
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: JDB running the 2nd team?

    "mountainviking" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "GreenBaySlackers" wrote:
    ....I honestly don't really know what i'm talking about though... so, there's that.
    If you are a member of pp.o you are automatically an expert in everything.
    And, an Idiot
    True, they go hand-in-hand.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  5. #15
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: JDB running the 2nd team?

    Its not out of the question for the backup to run the scout team.

    It gets him reps cause he aint getting them with the starters and it gives the starting D a good run for thier money going up against him.

    Am I the only one who knows such things?
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #16
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,224

    Re: JDB running the 2nd team?

    "GreenBaySlackers" wrote:
    Is it even such an odd thing for Jackson to run the scout team offense?
    I'm not so sure the logical assertion from Jackson running the scout team to Booty running the second team is valid.
    Granted, I know very little about how an NFL practice session works, but is it unheard of for a more athletic and experienced QB to be the one the first team prepares against? I think Jackson would be a pretty good fit as both second on the depth chart and the scout team qb.

    I honestly don't really know what i'm talking about though... so, there's that.
    Makes sense to me ... but damn if I know.

  7. #17
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: JDB running the 2nd team?

    "GreenBaySlackers" wrote:
    Is it even such an odd thing for Jackson to run the scout team offense?
    I'm not so sure the logical assertion from Jackson running the scout team to Booty running the second team is valid.
    Granted, I know very little about how an NFL practice session works, but is it unheard of for a more athletic and experienced QB to be the one the first team prepares against? I think Jackson would be a pretty good fit as both second on the depth chart and the scout team qb.

    I honestly don't really know what i'm talking about though... so, there's that.
    Your alot closer to being on target than the other yutz's ahead of you.
    ;D
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #18
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: JDB running the 2nd team?

    "BootyCall" wrote:
    ???

    I'm speechless...I know you can't believe everything you read but I caught this on the FoxSports website this morning..

    Tavaris running Vikes scout team
    Tarvaris Jackson, who started the season as the Vikings' No. 1 quarterback, is running the scout team now. -- Pioneer Press

    QB in the draft anyone?
    I don't believe TJax got a legitimate shot at making this team his but this clearly spells out his fate.

    Maybe we could try taking someone from a D-1 school this time.
    I guess at this point all thats left to say is.....GO JDB!
    Not gonna fly here.

    If you are going to post something from a source, you'd better have a link!

    I could not find anything an their site.

    ---C.
    Please do not post an entire article. Instead, post a brief quote, and then include a link to that article. The reason is simply because of copyright issues.
    If you do quote an article or site, you'd better provide a link.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. NFL Draft Breakdown: team by team analysis
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-17-2009, 09:39 AM
  2. Redeem Team proves worthy of Dream Team comparison.
    By erik5032 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-25-2008, 01:51 PM
  3. Ranking the running backs, team by team
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 07-29-2006, 08:13 PM
  4. Ranking the offensive lines, team-by-team
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-26-2006, 01:05 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-29-2006, 10:58 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •