"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Chazz" wrote:
    "marshallvike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=45511.msg789482#msg789482 date=1212810299]
    Thanks for the read my friend.

I've done alot of reading on this guy.
    I really think he will be on the field at some point this year.
    Unfortunately, I think he will have to start out on the practice squad unless they cut Ferg.
    I am not sure on that one I assume it will be 6 WR that will make the roster I think right now Allison, Ferguson, Johnson have the inside track on 4-6. I think what will help Johnson is his KR/PR ability
    I don't know......

They've never carried 6 on the initial roster and I would think they need to find an extra roster position for OL pending a McKinnie decision.

Pretty hard decision to go with a rookie WR that you can rat hole on the practice squad until you get the OL straightened out.
    has there been any hint as to when the mckinnie decision will happen?
    also what happens if we put jaymar on the PS and someone tries to grab him? can we only keep him at that point by putting him on the active roster?
    If you try to put him on the practice squad, you need to waive him first, then any team has a chance to sign him before you can add him to PS. A risky move if you really like the player. Many would point to Thigpin last year as an example.

I really think we could go with 6 WRs this year, if Jaymar really looks good returning punts. IMO they drafted him with the vision of playing the slot after Wade's cantract runs its course. Now they are just evaluating and seeing if he fills the bill.

Marrdros dead set on us only going with 5 WRs. Trying to convince him other wise is futile.
    ;D ;D
    Ya got me chuckling this morning my friend.

;D

Besides, it isn't me you need to convince to go with 6 WR's, I like the idea, its the coaching staff thats only gone with 5 since they got here.

As to slipping him to the practice squad.......
    Sure, it happens a few times that a team will lose a guy like Tyler last year but it isn't that prevelant.
    Truth be told, the odds of someone picking him up off of waivers and then putting him on thier active roster is pretty slim.

Alot of teams drafted this type of cat this year and will be doing the same as this years draft class was awash with guys of JJ's attributes.
    [/quote]

It don't matter to much to me if we go with 6 and keep him or try sliding him onto the practic squad. Truth be told, I would rather go with 5 and cut Ferg.. I like what JJ brings to the table for a slot guy, and would like him to be molded as Wade's eventual successor when his contract runs its course. I honestly think if JJ looks the role of good punt returner they go with 6 WRs, then next year not resign Ferg. and be back at 5 WRs.

As for the roster spot, I think FB/TE is what will be sacrificed. Tahi or maybe ever Klieny.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Jaymar Johnson: A speedy transition

"singersp" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    Simple... cut Wade
    : Yeah! Lets just cut our top WR from last year, A WR that caught 170% more pases for 160% more yards than either Rice or Ferguson.

Where do people come up with this shit?
    Maybe he was on a drug.

Wade was responsible for 33 1st downs. The guy kept the chains moving and will continue to do so this year. IMO he will be even better in the slot.

Chazz is offline Coordinator

"marstc09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    Simple... cut Wade
    : Yeah! Lets just cut our top WR from last year, A WR that caught 170% more pases for 160% more yards than either Rice or Ferguson.

Maybe he was on a drug.

Wade was responsible for 33 1st downs. The guy kept the chains moving and will continue to do so this year. IMO he will be even better in the slot.
    I want some of that, cause it must be some pretty good stuff!

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

The more I read about him, and here other peoples takes on him the more Johnson impresses me. This article whichj aI know a few of you read came out right after he was drafted for the star tribune

http://ww3.startribune.com/vikingsblog/?p=1555

Johnson, whose last time in the 40-yard dash time was a 4.41, considers himself a better punt returns but is willing to do whatever it takes. ”I’ll play any role they want me to play,” he said. “I’m willing to do any and everything to stay a part of the Vikings organization and I’m going to do whatever it takes no matter what they need me to do.”

Vikings rookie camp: Sports was his way out of danger

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/18535709.html

Another thing I just found out about him was that he had club feet as a child

http://sports.aol.com/voices/knapp/_a/prospect-well-prepared-for-next-big-step/20080417182109990001

And some interesting takes from draft guys TV
    http://www.onnetworks.com/videos/draftguys-tv/profile---jaymar-johnson---wr

Overall it sounds like he is a guy that is finally after alot of huge roadblocks in his life
    even from birth he is determined to make his dream come trye. For that reason I really hope this kid makes the team in one way shape or form. Right now I have him as the player I most want to make the team.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"Chazz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Chazz" wrote:
    "marshallvike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=Garland Greene link=topic=45511.msg789535#msg789535 date=1212839377]

Unfortunately, I think he will have to start out on the practice squad unless they cut Ferg.
    I am not sure on that one I assume it will be 6 WR that will make the roster I think right now Allison, Ferguson, Johnson have the inside track on 4-6. I think what will help Johnson is his KR/PR ability
    I don't know......

They've never carried 6 on the initial roster and I would think they need to find an extra roster position for OL pending a McKinnie decision.

Pretty hard decision to go with a rookie WR that you can rat hole on the practice squad until you get the OL straightened out.
    also what happens if we put jaymar on the PS and someone tries to grab him? can we only keep him at that point by putting him on the active roster?
    If you try to put him on the practice squad, you need to waive him first, then any team has a chance to sign him before you can add him to PS. A risky move if you really like the player. Many would point to Thigpin last year as an example.

I really think we could go with 6 WRs this year, if Jaymar really looks good returning punts. IMO they drafted him with the vision of playing the slot after Wade's cantract runs its course. Now they are just evaluating and seeing if he fills the bill.

Marrdros dead set on us only going with 5 WRs. Trying to convince him other wise is futile.
    ;D ;D
    ;D

Besides, it isn't me you need to convince to go with 6 WR's, I like the idea, its the coaching staff thats only gone with 5 since they got here.

Sure, it happens a few times that a team will lose a guy like Tyler last year but it isn't that prevelant.
    Truth be told, the odds of someone picking him up off of waivers and then putting him on thier active roster is pretty slim.

Alot of teams drafted this type of cat this year and will be doing the same as this years draft class was awash with guys of JJ's attributes.
    [/quote]

It don't matter to much to me if we go with 6 and keep him or try sliding him onto the practic squad. Truth be told, I would rather go with 5 and cut Ferg.. I like what JJ brings to the table for a slot guy, and would like him to be molded as Wade's eventual successor when his contract runs its course. I honestly think if JJ looks the role of good punt returner they go with 6 WRs, then next year not resign Ferg. and be back at 5 WRs.

As for the roster spot, I think FB/TE is what will be sacrificed. Tahi or maybe ever Klieny.
    [/quote]

I thik The Vikes may be somewhat gun shy about trying to pick a fringe roster player to the practice squad. Especially with what happened last year with Thigpen. Lets just see how the pre-season plays out. and go from there. But 6 W on this roster I think is a real possibility.
    Ferguson is a decent WR, who brings some solid down field blocking but I see him as expendable now that the WR are a year older in the system plus the signing of Berrian. Remember we had a very young WR corp last year with realy on Wade as someone who brought some experience but that has changed.
    This Kid from what I can tell has Heart you can't teach that.

"Garland" wrote:
    "Chazz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Chazz" wrote:
    "marshallvike" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=45511.msg789552#msg789552 date=1212848648]
    [quote author=Garland Greene link=topic=45511.msg789535#msg789535 date=1212839377]

I don't know......

;D ;D

;D

[/quote]

[/quote]

I thik The Vikes may be somewhat gun shy about trying to pick a fringe roster player to the practice squad. Especially with what happened last year with Thigpen. Lets just see how the pre-season plays out. and go from there. But 6 W on this roster I think is a real possibility.
    Ferguson is a decent WR, who brings some solid down field blocking but I see him as expendable now that the WR are a year older in the system plus the signing of Berrian. Remember we had a very young WR corp last year with realy on Wade as someone who brought some experience but that has changed.
    [/quote]

Shhh! Don't tell Marr.

I think so to.

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

"Chazz" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    Simple... cut Wade

Maybe he was on a drug.

i dont, it seems like it makes u dumber

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

"dcboardr41" wrote:
    "Chazz" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    Simple... cut Wade

Maybe he was on a drug.

i dont, it seems like it makes u dumber

True...is it permanent??? I better stay away

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"Chazz" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "Chazz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Chazz" wrote:
    [quote author=marshallvike link=topic=45511.msg789575#msg789575 date=1212852744]

I don't know......

;D ;D

;D

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Shhh! Don't tell Marr.

I think so to.
    [/quote]

To early to say if we will or not, and it hasn't been something we do.
    But wait till we are into the later end of Pre-Season games and ask me again then.
    Then I'll give my opinion on if we should keep 6 WR's or not.
    Impossible ? NO
    Will it happen?
    Not sure yet .

Would I be for it?
    hell yes if everything was pointing in that direction, making it a wise move...

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

"NordicNed" wrote:
    "Chazz" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "Chazz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=Chazz link=topic=45511.msg789598#msg789598 date=1212856927]
    [quote author=marshallvike link=topic=45511.msg789575#msg789575 date=1212852744]

I don't know......

;D ;D

;D

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Shhh! Don't tell Marr.

I think so to.
    [/quote]

To early to say if we will or not, and it hasn't been something we do.
    But wait till we are into the later end of Pre-Season games and ask me again then.

Then I'll give my opinion on if we should keep 6 WR's or not.

Impossible ? NO

Will it happen?
    Not sure yet .

Would I be for it?
    hell yes if everything was pointing in that direction, making it a wise move...

[/quote]

I'm with ya. If JJ proves to be a great returner, catches the ball, and runs good routes. Basically doing everything they say he can, then sign him up. If not, 5 is good.

I'm looking forward to seeing him play in preseason. 8)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast