Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Jaymar Johnson: A speedy transition

"C" wrote:
    Simple... cut Wade
    yes u are so right, lets cuts are leading WR from last year, im definetly down with that, he sucks, hes so slow and lack luster, i hate they guy. Um no, hes our 3rd wr, why would u cut him over Ferg, cause he got a new deal this year? uh no it was only one year.
    Wade is a smart reciever who uses his route running and smarts to make up for what he lacks in speed and size

just have 6 WRs on the roster.

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    Simple... cut Wade
    : Yeah! Lets just cut our top WR from last year, A WR that caught 170% more pases for 160% more yards than either Rice or Ferguson.

Where do people come up with this shit?

Is there another thread out there with this same topic? But a different heading?
    I answered earlier, and it's not here though,
    but I personaly
    think it's going to be our biggest battle and competitio for a spot on the roster for WR's..........

I just say, let the best man stay, rookie or vet or walk on, period..

Should be fun to follow the WR's this Pre-Season

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"NordicNed" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    Simple... cut Wade
    : Yeah! Lets just cut our top WR from last year, A WR that caught 170% more pases for 160% more yards than either Rice or Ferguson.

Is there another thread out there with this same topic? But a different heading?
    but I personaly
    think it's going to be our biggest battle and competitio for a spot on the roster for WR's..........

No you are not loosing it. There is that was started after this one.

I agree NEd, Hopefully it will not be because someone got injured

"Garland" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    Simple... cut Wade

but I personaly

No you are not loosing it. There is that was started after this one.

I agree NEd, Hopefully it will not be because someone got injured

GG,
    Of course witholding any and all injuries, espeicaly season or career ending type injuries.
    It's just that I feel we are better off with our stable of WR's this season and some real players are going to emerge for us, not only because of their own personal growth and will to win, but because I belive TJ is going to be better and help support their chances to shine.
    In the end ( Pre-Season Camp) when it's time to make he final cuts and we have to let go of some of our WR's, I think there is going to be some great threads started , and plenty of great arguments about why we should have kept this one and should have cut that one.
    Only to see those who got cut, picked up quickly by other NFL Teams in need of some talented recievers.

Ranger is offline Coach

"C" wrote:
    Simple... cut Wade
    Wade has been absolute gold for us, man.
    He has good route running, solid hands and is football savvy.
    I would absolutely NOT cut him.

It's a difficult position, as all of the receivers we have right now deserve a spot on the roster.
    Rice, Wade and BB are obvious guys.
    Ferguson brings dependable hands, excellent downfield blocking and, like Wade, is football savvy.
    A veteran who knows the NFC North inside and out, and has a desire to do whatever he's asked to the best of his ability.
    He gets shit on a lot because he's a former Packer and doesn't have blazing speed, but I feel that he brings a lot to the table.
    He's a physical, blue collar player in a prima donna position.
    So for me, that's four.

Allison is a kid with great speed and a good bit of potential.
    I haven't seen enough of him to comment on his hands, but they seem solid.
    Johnson has a great attitude about the game, seems to have a tremendous work ethic, and according to Rice, he runs good routes, has solid hands and phenomenal speed.
    He's also very shifty in the open field, good on special teams and has the potential to break things open.

It's a really tough position to be in, as I like all the guys and wouldn't want to cut anyone.
    Being that we have (last I checked) four quarterbacks on the roster, does anybody think it's a possibility to cut one of the quarterbacks to make room for another receiver?

Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

t jack, ferrote, booty, and who is the forth?

is BB still with us?

if so.. i say bye bye ferrote.. i'm not a big fan of him.

i'll take more WR's over ferrote
    i m better than you, so just give up...

"Potus2028" wrote:

is BB still with us?

Yes, it's BB,
    and I believe it's going to be a mini battle between BB and Booty for the number 3 slot, I don't see us keeping a forth.
    We haven't in a long time and maybe even never for that matter have had 4 QB's on the roster.....BB and Booty, with Booty winning the job....Ferrote will be there with us for his Veteran Experience, knowing the system some what, and still being able to step in and get the job done if needed..

Always a possibility, keeping 6 WR's......If the talent is there, why not.

Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

"NordicNed" wrote:
    "Potus2028" wrote:

is BB still with us?

Yes, it's BB,
    and I believe it's going to be a mini battle between BB and Booty for the number 3 slot, I don't see us keeping a forth.
    We haven't in a long time and maybe even never for that matter have had 4 QB's on the roster.....BB and Booty, with Booty winning the job....Ferrote will be there with us for his Veteran Experience, knowing the system some what, and still being able to step in and get the job done if needed..

Always a possibility, keeping 6 WR's......If the talent is there, why not.
    yea. i'm just not a ferrote fan. i'm more of a fan of the WR's i guess.
    i like the WR's more as a whole than ferrote.

i think each WR has something different to offer, whereas we know what ferrote has, and we've seen it. and we can only start one qb at a time...

i m better than you, so just give up...

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Chazz" wrote:
    "marshallvike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Thanks for the read my friend.

I've done alot of reading on this guy.
    I really think he will be on the field at some point this year.
    Unfortunately, I think he will have to start out on the practice squad unless they cut Ferg.
    I am not sure on that one I assume it will be 6 WR that will make the roster I think right now Allison, Ferguson, Johnson have the inside track on 4-6. I think what will help Johnson is his KR/PR ability
    I don't know......

They've never carried 6 on the initial roster and I would think they need to find an extra roster position for OL pending a McKinnie decision.

Pretty hard decision to go with a rookie WR that you can rat hole on the practice squad until you get the OL straightened out.
    has there been any hint as to when the mckinnie decision will happen?
    also what happens if we put jaymar on the PS and someone tries to grab him? can we only keep him at that point by putting him on the active roster?
    If you try to put him on the practice squad, you need to waive him first, then any team has a chance to sign him before you can add him to PS. A risky move if you really like the player. Many would point to Thigpin last year as an example.

I really think we could go with 6 WRs this year, if Jaymar really looks good returning punts. IMO they drafted him with the vision of playing the slot after Wade's cantract runs its course. Now they are just evaluating and seeing if he fills the bill.

Marrdros dead set on us only going with 5 WRs. Trying to convince him other wise is futile.
    ;D ;D
    Ya got me chuckling this morning my friend.
    ;D

Besides, it isn't me you need to convince to go with 6 WR's, I like the idea, its the coaching staff thats only gone with 5 since they got here.

As to slipping him to the practice squad.......
    Sure, it happens a few times that a team will lose a guy like Tyler last year but it isn't that prevelant.
    Truth be told, the odds of someone picking him up off of waivers and then putting him on thier active roster is pretty slim.

Alot of teams drafted this type of cat this year and will be doing the same as this years draft class was awash with guys of JJ's attributes.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Ranger" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    Simple... cut Wade
    Wade has been absolute gold for us, man.
    He has good route running, solid hands and is football savvy.
    I would absolutely NOT cut him.

It's a difficult position, as all of the receivers we have right now deserve a spot on the roster.
    Rice, Wade and BB are obvious guys.
    Ferguson brings dependable hands, excellent downfield blocking and, like Wade, is football savvy.
    A veteran who knows the NFC North inside and out, and has a desire to do whatever he's asked to the best of his ability.
    He gets pooh on a lot because he's a former Packer and doesn't have blazing speed, but I feel that he brings a lot to the table.
    He's a physical, blue collar player in a prima donna position.
    So for me, that's four.

Allison is a kid with great speed and a good bit of potential.
    I haven't seen enough of him to comment on his hands, but they seem solid.
    Johnson has a great attitude about the game, seems to have a tremendous work ethic, and according to Rice, he runs good routes, has solid hands and phenomenal speed.
    He's also very shifty in the open field, good on special teams and has the potential to break things open.

It's a really tough position to be in, as I like all the guys and wouldn't want to cut anyone.
    Being that we have (last I checked) four quarterbacks on the roster, does anybody think it's a possibility to cut one of the quarterbacks to make room for another receiver?
    Very nice post my friend.

I don't think its about the numbers of players at any given position now thats the issue but rather the number of players when they get to 53.

When we get to 53 we will have 3 QB's and 5 WR's if the staff holds true to what they've carried before.

By the way, we have 5 QB's:

a. TJ
    b. Gus
    c. BB
    d. Booty
    e. Wright.

I think Booty will beat out BB for the 3rd QB and Wright will make it to the practice squad.

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast