Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Jaymar Johnson: A speedy transition

[size=13pt]A Speedy Transition[/size]

6/6/2008
    |
    By Mike Wobschall, vikings.com

There are many nuances that make one football player better than another, but one of the most valuable attributes a receiver can possess is speed.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Jaymar Johnson: A speedy transition

Thanks for the read my friend.

I've done alot of reading on this guy.
    I really think he will be on the field at some point this year.
    Unfortunately, I think he will have to start out on the practice squad unless they cut Ferg.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:

Unfortunately, I think he will have to start out on the practice squad unless they cut Ferg.
    I am not sure on that one I assume it will be 6 WR that will make the roster I think right now Allison, Ferguson, Johnson have the inside track on 4-6. I think what will help Johnson is his KR/PR ability

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Garland" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

I am not sure on that one I assume it will be 6 WR that will make the roster I think right now Allison, Ferguson, Johnson have the inside track on 4-6. I think what will help Johnson is his KR/PR ability
    I don't know......

They've never carried 6 on the initial roster and I would think they need to find an extra roster position for OL pending a McKinnie decision.

Pretty hard decision to go with a rookie WR that you can rat hole on the practice squad until you get the OL straightened out.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

I don't know......

They've never carried 6 on the initial roster and I would think they need to find an extra roster position for OL pending a McKinnie decision.

Pretty hard decision to go with a rookie WR that you can rat hole on the practice squad until you get the OL straightened out.
    has there been any hint as to when the mckinnie decision will happen?
    also what happens if we put jaymar on the PS and someone tries to grab him? can we only keep him at that point by putting him on the active roster?
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Chazz is offline Coordinator

"marshallvike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

I don't know......

also what happens if we put jaymar on the PS and someone tries to grab him? can we only keep him at that point by putting him on the active roster?
    If you try to put him on the practice squad, you need to waive him first, then any team has a chance to sign him before you can add him to PS. A risky move if you really like the player. Many would point to Thigpin last year as an example.

I really think we could go with 6 WRs this year, if Jaymar really looks good returning punts. IMO they drafted him with the vision of playing the slot after Wade's cantract runs its course. Now they are just evaluating and seeing if he fills the bill.

Marrdros dead set on us only going with 5 WRs. Trying to convince him other wise is futile.
    ;D ;D

"Chazz" wrote:
    "marshallvike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

I don't know......

If you try to put him on the practice squad, you need to waive him first, then any team has a chance to sign him before you can add him to PS. A risky move if you really like the player. Many would point to Thigpin last year as an example.

I really think we could go with 6 WRs this year, if Jaymar really looks good returning punts. IMO they drafted him with the vision of playing the slot after Wade's cantract runs its course. Now they are just evaluating and seeing if he fills the bill.

Marrdros dead set on us only going with 5 WRs. Trying to convince him other wise is futile.
    ;D ;D
    Very True very true.

But with the addition of Berrian and our WR a year older in the league and system would Ferguson have a spot as he is more one dimensional? Someone like Jaymar may win out becauise he can do more than one thing and is faster.
    Maybe he can be our Troy Williams on that can catch ;D

I love the attitude about his possible role from the article

“I don’t even look at it (playing special teams) as giving me an extra edge,” Johnson explained. “I just love special teams and I’ve been that ways since I started playing football. Special teams is called ‘special’ for a reason. I love it. That phase can lose a game for you or it can win games for you. I love special teams and I’m not juts saying that to be politically correct. I have a passion for it.”

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Simple... cut Wade
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"C" wrote:
    Simple... cut Wade
    : Yeah! Lets just cut our top WR from last year, A WR that caught 170% more pases for 160% more yards than either Rice or Ferguson.

Where do people come up with this shit?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast