Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 74
  1. #1
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    Jaymar Johnson: A speedy transition

    [size=13pt]A Speedy Transition[/size]

    6/6/2008
    |
    By Mike Wobschall, vikings.com


    There are many nuances that make one football player better than another, but one of the most valuable attributes a receiver can possess is speed.

  2. #2
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Jaymar Johnson: A speedy transition

    Thanks for the read my friend.

    I've done alot of reading on this guy.
    I really think he will be on the field at some point this year.
    Unfortunately, I think he will have to start out on the practice squad unless they cut Ferg.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #3
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Jaymar Johnson: A speedy transition

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Thanks for the read my friend.

    I've done alot of reading on this guy.
    I really think he will be on the field at some point this year.
    Unfortunately, I think he will have to start out on the practice squad unless they cut Ferg.
    I am not sure on that one I assume it will be 6 WR that will make the roster I think right now Allison, Ferguson, Johnson have the inside track on 4-6. I think what will help Johnson is his KR/PR ability

  4. #4
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Jaymar Johnson: A speedy transition

    "Garland" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Thanks for the read my friend.

    I've done alot of reading on this guy.
    I really think he will be on the field at some point this year.
    Unfortunately, I think he will have to start out on the practice squad unless they cut Ferg.
    I am not sure on that one I assume it will be 6 WR that will make the roster I think right now Allison, Ferguson, Johnson have the inside track on 4-6. I think what will help Johnson is his KR/PR ability
    I don't know......

    They've never carried 6 on the initial roster and I would think they need to find an extra roster position for OL pending a McKinnie decision.

    Pretty hard decision to go with a rookie WR that you can rat hole on the practice squad until you get the OL straightened out.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #5
    marshallvike's Avatar
    marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,473

    Re: Jaymar Johnson: A speedy transition

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Thanks for the read my friend.

    I've done alot of reading on this guy.
    I really think he will be on the field at some point this year.
    Unfortunately, I think he will have to start out on the practice squad unless they cut Ferg.
    I am not sure on that one I assume it will be 6 WR that will make the roster I think right now Allison, Ferguson, Johnson have the inside track on 4-6. I think what will help Johnson is his KR/PR ability
    I don't know......

    They've never carried 6 on the initial roster and I would think they need to find an extra roster position for OL pending a McKinnie decision.

    Pretty hard decision to go with a rookie WR that you can rat hole on the practice squad until you get the OL straightened out.
    has there been any hint as to when the mckinnie decision will happen?
    also what happens if we put jaymar on the PS and someone tries to grab him? can we only keep him at that point by putting him on the active roster?
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

  6. #6
    Chazz is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    782

    Re: Jaymar Johnson: A speedy transition

    "marshallvike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Thanks for the read my friend.

    I've done alot of reading on this guy.
    I really think he will be on the field at some point this year.
    Unfortunately, I think he will have to start out on the practice squad unless they cut Ferg.
    I am not sure on that one I assume it will be 6 WR that will make the roster I think right now Allison, Ferguson, Johnson have the inside track on 4-6. I think what will help Johnson is his KR/PR ability
    I don't know......

    They've never carried 6 on the initial roster and I would think they need to find an extra roster position for OL pending a McKinnie decision.

    Pretty hard decision to go with a rookie WR that you can rat hole on the practice squad until you get the OL straightened out.
    has there been any hint as to when the mckinnie decision will happen?
    also what happens if we put jaymar on the PS and someone tries to grab him? can we only keep him at that point by putting him on the active roster?
    If you try to put him on the practice squad, you need to waive him first, then any team has a chance to sign him before you can add him to PS. A risky move if you really like the player. Many would point to Thigpin last year as an example.

    I really think we could go with 6 WRs this year, if Jaymar really looks good returning punts. IMO they drafted him with the vision of playing the slot after Wade's cantract runs its course. Now they are just evaluating and seeing if he fills the bill.

    Marrdros dead set on us only going with 5 WRs. Trying to convince him other wise is futile.
    ;D ;D

  7. #7
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Jaymar Johnson: A speedy transition

    "Chazz" wrote:
    "marshallvike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Thanks for the read my friend.

    I've done alot of reading on this guy.
    I really think he will be on the field at some point this year.
    Unfortunately, I think he will have to start out on the practice squad unless they cut Ferg.
    I am not sure on that one I assume it will be 6 WR that will make the roster I think right now Allison, Ferguson, Johnson have the inside track on 4-6. I think what will help Johnson is his KR/PR ability
    I don't know......

    They've never carried 6 on the initial roster and I would think they need to find an extra roster position for OL pending a McKinnie decision.

    Pretty hard decision to go with a rookie WR that you can rat hole on the practice squad until you get the OL straightened out.
    has there been any hint as to when the mckinnie decision will happen?
    also what happens if we put jaymar on the PS and someone tries to grab him? can we only keep him at that point by putting him on the active roster?
    If you try to put him on the practice squad, you need to waive him first, then any team has a chance to sign him before you can add him to PS. A risky move if you really like the player. Many would point to Thigpin last year as an example.

    I really think we could go with 6 WRs this year, if Jaymar really looks good returning punts. IMO they drafted him with the vision of playing the slot after Wade's cantract runs its course. Now they are just evaluating and seeing if he fills the bill.

    Marrdros dead set on us only going with 5 WRs. Trying to convince him other wise is futile.
    ;D ;D
    Very True very true.


    But with the addition of Berrian and our WR a year older in the league and system would Ferguson have a spot as he is more one dimensional? Someone like Jaymar may win out becauise he can do more than one thing and is faster.
    Maybe he can be our Troy Williams on that can catch ;D

  8. #8
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Jaymar Johnson: A speedy transition

    I love the attitude about his possible role from the article

    “I don’t even look at it (playing special teams) as giving me an extra edge,” Johnson explained. “I just love special teams and I’ve been that ways since I started playing football. Special teams is called ‘special’ for a reason. I love it. That phase can lose a game for you or it can win games for you. I love special teams and I’m not juts saying that to be politically correct. I have a passion for it.”

  9. #9
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,540

    Re: Jaymar Johnson: A speedy transition

    Simple... cut Wade
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  10. #10
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Jaymar Johnson: A speedy transition

    "C" wrote:
    Simple... cut Wade
    : Yeah! Lets just cut our top WR from last year, A WR that caught 170% more pases for 160% more yards than either Rice or Ferguson.

    Where do people come up with this shit?

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Jaymar Johnson Waived Due to Injury
    By marstc09 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-21-2010, 11:56 AM
  2. Player Spotlight: Jaymar Johnson
    By Capital_J in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-24-2008, 06:50 PM
  3. Jaymar Johnson
    By Garland Greene in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 107
    Last Post: 05-10-2008, 11:23 AM
  4. For Jaymar Johnson sports was his way out of danger
    By Garland Greene in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-04-2008, 08:12 PM
  5. Is Jaymar Johnson more prepared than T-Jack?
    By Schutz in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 05-02-2008, 04:56 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •