Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast
    vikingsblitz is offline Training Camp

Re: Jaymar Johnson Exeeds Troy Williamson

Nice find! It's great to see some news coming out of camp like this. If this guy can turn out of be a big time playmaker, we've got a nice set of young wide outs that could turn into a really scary tandem in the next few years....that is if TJack can get his act together...
    We come from the land of the ice and snow...crying Valhalla, I am coming!

Check out Vikings Blitz and feel the rush!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"VikingsTw" wrote:

notice his eyes are actually on the ball??? unlike a certain other reciever we used to have here.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

LOOK!!!!! He's "looking" the ball into his hands. Now that's something TW never did!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Ranger is offline Coach

Man, I feel really good about our receivers for some reason.
    Rice, Wade, BB, JJ, Allison, Ferg...pretty solid group of guys, I'd say, and in our offense you don't really need a clear cut "#1" guy to be successful.
    All of these guys bring good stuff to the table, and they're all pretty young.
    Good stuff.

Best of luck to this guy.
    Seems like he has the right attitude.

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

If JJ likes special teams he probably likes to hit people, which is what he will need to do.
    Good run blocking WR's like Ferg are important if AD is going to take it to the house.

I would love to see a 6th round gem... TJack came out of the SWAC too.
    Also the only player drafted from the SWAC.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Thanks TW.

I really like this kid.
    Problem is I just can't see him making the squad unless someone goes (hopefully Ferg) as the staff to date, hasn't carried 6 WR's on thier initial 53 man roster.

My guess is they will put him on the practice squad and then activate him if/when the OL straightens out a bit or they have another roster spot open.
    He won't be cut, but if he is some other team is likly to grab him just like Kanasas City did with Thigpen. From my understanding in order to make it to the practice squad there is waiver period in which another team can put that player on the active squad giving him an oportunity.

Furgeson might be the guy to go, I do like him though cause he's a solid run blocker and he's one of our more physical WR's. IMO it would be a mistake to let Jaymar hit the waiver wire, he's got to much potential and he's already polished. He's ready to contribute right away on specail teams.

If it came between the two for the final cut I would choose Jaymar because he brings more to table when it comes to playmaking ability and we need that at Punt Return. With our defense our Punt Returner is gonna see significant opportunties. He can score anytime he touches the ball, and I would be willing to best he's our most exploive WR in terms of return ability.
    You are correct, he will have to clear waivers and a team could pick him up, however, when was the last time you saw a WR get snatched trying to clear waivers?

Don't get me wrong, it could happen, but we aren't talking QB's here and as I said in another thread, this years draft class was a glut with short fast WR's that could provide immediate impact on special teams.
    Only way JJ get snatched is if a team had the following combination:

a.
    Young team in a rebuilding mode that is willing to start rookies.
    b.
    Young team in a rebuilding mode that is willing to start rookies has a couple of thier draft picks go down due to injury.
    c.
    Vet team has a couple of Vets go down.
    d.
    Vet team has thier ST/Return prospect go down.

Again, it could happen but I doubt it.

My guess is he will be sent to the practice squad and at some point during the year he will get some playing time, probably at that expense of Ferg who won't be with the team next year (unless the Puke Green ex PUKER really has a standout year
    ;D)
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

If you dislike silly rap mute it.
    LMFAO! I was bumping that shit all morning. What is with the silly comment?
    :

Chazz is offline Coordinator

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Thanks TW.

I really like this kid.
    Problem is I just can't see him making the squad unless someone goes (hopefully Ferg) as the staff to date, hasn't carried 6 WR's on thier initial 53 man roster.

My guess is they will put him on the practice squad and then activate him if/when the OL straightens out a bit or they have another roster spot open.
    He won't be cut, but if he is some other team is likly to grab him just like Kanasas City did with Thigpen. From my understanding in order to make it to the practice squad there is waiver period in which another team can put that player on the active squad giving him an oportunity.

Furgeson might be the guy to go, I do like him though cause he's a solid run blocker and he's one of our more physical WR's. IMO it would be a mistake to let Jaymar hit the waiver wire, he's got to much potential and he's already polished. He's ready to contribute right away on specail teams.

If it came between the two for the final cut I would choose Jaymar because he brings more to table when it comes to playmaking ability and we need that at Punt Return. With our defense our Punt Returner is gonna see significant opportunties. He can score anytime he touches the ball, and I would be willing to best he's our most exploive WR in terms of return ability.
    You are correct, he will have to clear waivers and a team could pick him up, however, when was the last time you saw a WR get snatched trying to clear waivers?

Don't get me wrong, it could happen, but we aren't talking QB's here and as I said in another thread, this years draft class was a glut with short fast WR's that could provide immediate impact on special teams.

a.
    b.
    Young team in a rebuilding mode that is willing to start rookies has a couple of thier draft picks go down due to injury.
    c.
    d.

My guess is he will be sent to the practice squad and at some point during the year he will get some playing time, probably at that expense of Ferg who won't be with the team next year (unless the Puke Green ex PUKER really has a standout year
    ;D)

e. Belicheck looking for revenge for Mills.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Chazz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Thanks TW.

I really like this kid.

a.
    b.
    c.
    d.

;D)

e. Belicheck looking for revenge for Mills.
    LOL I was thinking that too.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Thanks TW.

I really like this kid.

a.
    b.
    c.
    d.

;D)
    I just don't see Ferguson getting cut. It would make our WR corps extremely young. Jaymar's best chance to make the swuad would be to beat out Allison, which would be very tough, or to have the team keep 6 WRs and less TEs
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast