Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jaws on Freeman

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    I saw a guy that didn't know the playbook and was under constant arrest. I counted tons of over throws where he thought a WR was going to zag and they zigged. Our oLine played aweful. On the throws he did connect on, her looked great. I say let him play to the end of the season. Lets see when he has more time to learn the playbook. 2 weeks is not enough.
    If you counted tons of over throws where he thought a WR was going to zag and they zigged, then you weren't watching the same game most of us did.

Most of the overthrows I saw were exactly that. Over throws. As in over their heads. If he thought the receiver was going to be where the ball was thrown, than Freeman must have thought the receivers were 8 to 10 feet tall.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    Bet Freeman is really kicking himself in the ass now for agreeing to start for another team this year.
    He might be trying to kick himself, but my guess is he's missing himself completely.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    There were throws where the timing between him and his target was clearly off. Other times he tried to force balls into players who weren't open. Then there were others that were simply inaccurate throws.

I think he just needs time. He has a lot of ability, once he's familiar with the offense, protection and receivers he will be better. He can't be worse.

smegmavike is offline Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
    There were throws where the timing between him and his target was clearly off. Other times he tried to force balls into players who weren't open. Then there were others that were simply inaccurate throws.

I think he just needs time. He has a lot of ability, once he's familiar with the offense, protection and receivers he will be better. He can't be worse.
    Two positives I saw were Freeman moved around in the pocket well in response to pressure, only took one sack, and all of his overthrows should have balanced out both McNabb and Ponder's underthrows. Should be able to start with a clean slate.

smegmavike is offline Coach
    Ponder was drafted 12th over all and given his job without a sniff of competition, and performed inconsistently from poor to average at best.
    It must have been a shocking kick in the ass to realize he was no longer pampered with preferential treatment, but instead benched with his career in jeopardy.
    Talk about a wake up call.
    I will be very interested to see how he responds.

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    Ponder was drafted 12th over all and given his job without a sniff of competition, and performed inconsistently from poor to average at best.
    It must have been a shocking kick in the ass to realize he was no longer pampered with preferential treatment, but instead benched with his career in jeopardy.
    Talk about a wake up call.
    I will be very interested to see how he responds.
    Well put. At least there will be some measure of drama.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123