Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jaws on Freeman

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by donraul View Post
    I'm not sure Peyton Manning could have done much better given the circumstances
    I'm pretty damn sure he could have.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Jaws on Freeman

He had time and had plays that could have been made. Good pick Jaws

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Jaws on Freeman

It appears Jaws was off the mark a tad.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    It was a disaster for sure, but Freeman was obviously not equipped to play. If the coaches truly thought he gave us the best chance to win they should be relieved of their duties immediately. Something tells me Frazier was forced to start Freeman. If that's the case our problems run way deeper than bad coaching and poor performances. Also, as bad as it was, you really can't judge Freeman on just one game. If he sets a trend of two or three games like this, then we'll know he isn't the guy. He cannot ask for a better chance to be a franchise qb, if he blows it ship him out.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    It was a disaster for sure, but Freeman was obviously not equipped to play. If the coaches truly thought he gave us the best chance to win they should be relieved of their duties immediately. Something tells me Frazier was forced to start Freeman. If that's the case our problems run way deeper than bad coaching and poor performances. Also, as bad as it was, you really can't judge Freeman on just one game. If he sets a trend of two or three games like this, then we'll know he isn't the guy. He cannot ask for a better chance to be a franchise qb, if he blows it ship him out.
    Exactly. We'll have to suck it up for a few games, but we'll know this month what we've got. I suspect Freeman will pick things up and be alright. Perhaps not fantastic, maybe not even good, but probably not worse than Ponder.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Next.

Freeman's performance was just plain bad. Far beyond anything that can be explained by his not being ready. His inaccuracy was not the result of poor anticipation, it was with his arm. Some of the worst throws I have ever seen by an NFL QB... and being a Vikings fan, that is saying a lot.

I will agree with those that said he was much better in the pocket. After the first 3 plays, I was actually somewhat hopeful that he would give us some decent play at the position. But then the shit storm hit and lord almighty was that one hell of a storm. Forget all the other blunders in the game and the horrible game that the Giants played. Freeman was given chances time and time again to get us back into it, but I really doubt he could have hit the broad side of a barn last night (literally...although he would have been fun in a game of annie annie over).

That part is not on the coaches or the decision to play Freeman, that was on Freeman.

Unless we've signed another castoff, I expect we will see Freeman start against GB on another nationally televised game (sorry Al/Chris). If he lays another turd, does he get benched as well and we start the carousel all over again. Bet Freeman is really kicking himself in the ass now for agreeing to start for another team this year.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    I saw a guy that didn't know the playbook and was under constant arrest. I counted tons of over throws where he thought a WR was going to zag and they zigged. Our oLine played aweful. On the throws he did connect on, her looked great. I say let him play to the end of the season. Lets see when he has more time to learn the playbook. 2 weeks is not enough.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Well, we certainly need to stick with him for the rest of the season. you don't fuck with everything you built on over the past 7 months by bringing in a QB 6 games into the season only to go back to what you had before.

I have no doubt in my mind that Cassel is a better QB in this system for this team at this time and I believe we would have beaten the Giants last night if he had played.He didn't look good against Carolina but they have a damn tough defense and in 4 of their games they gave up less than 10. The other games they gave up 15 and 23 so they certainly were no slouch. But that is the past and for the rest of the year we need to play Freeman through the good and the bad so that by the time we get to January he has either gotten better, has proven he is worth keeping and we can go into the season next year knowing he is legit or the wheels completely fall off and he is without a doubt proven to be the wrong QB for the team and we can go into next year with a new staff and a mission in the draft to find a franchise QB. Again.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    I liked his ability to stay in the pocket and his awareness of the pocket. This gives him the chance to make plays with is arms where Ponder just wanted to run. Josh was high on almost every throw, is that a mechanic issue? What I didn't like was on the deep throws, he wasn't even close.

I am still hopeful that Josh pans out. But I am not hopeful on our season. We are a top seven pick waiting to happen.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    Unless we've signed another castoff, I expect we will see Freeman start against GB on another nationally televised game (sorry Al/Chris). If he lays another turd, does he get benched as well and we start the carousel all over again. Bet Freeman is really kicking himself in the ass now for agreeing to start for another team this year.
    Kicking himself, lol. He will suck for us, we won't sign him long term then he will go on to another team and win the Superbowl. The life of a Viking's fan.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast