Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    huxx is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Jaworski comment regarding T. Jackson on ESPN

He's been reminding me of Garrard, but it's true- he's just not catching on very quickly.
    This was his sixth start right?
    The trouble is, we'll have to give him a few more games...but then what?
    Bring back Thigpen?
    :P

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

"huxx" wrote:
    He's been reminding me of Garrard, but it's true- he's just not catching on very quickly.
    This was his sixth start right?
    The trouble is, we'll have to give him a few more games...but then what?
    Bring back Thigpen?
    :P

thigpen is a chief.. but i hope tjack can turn it around

Goose is offline Waterboy

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "Mikecarter81" wrote:
    Hey I'm wondering did any of you catch the comments by Ron Jaworski on PTI today?
    He talked a little bit about Tavarias.
    What he said concerned me. Basically his premise was that, T Jack is not developing quickly and as he put it, he's leaving a lot of open plays on the field.
    I don't always agree with him, but I felt this was pretty deft.
    It doesn't appear like T jack gets it.
    I know watching the cowboys game yesterday, I saw at least three reads where TJ picked horribly wrong.
    My question is this correctable?
    How does on develop a QB to make more correct reads?
    I mean how do they develop them?

Discuss

Mike

One PP.O member was at the game and posted that TJ missed a lot of open receivers.
    That post didn't get much response.
    My interpretation of what that poster was saying may differ from others.
    When he said "missed a lot of open receivers", I believe he was refering to not seeing them. Not missing them with a pass.
    When you are at the game live you can see the receivers, their routes and coverage much better than TV shows it.
    He takes too long to see the open receiver and unload. Like in the pass where Wade was wide open.He was way late throwing the ball.
    Late passes are what rookies often do. But not seeing the receivers when they are open is a little tougher problem.
    Right now he's a little like McMahon was. Too darn scared to relax and just play football.
    It appears Childress has him scared to make a mistake, which adds to his stress.
    Hard to think when you are scared.
    He may relax and turn this whole thing around. But it isn't looking like it right now.
    It was a long second half being the only one in purple....
    Yes, this is the point I was trying to get across.
    The game is just to fast for him at this point.

We don't get to see what's going on downfield, so maybe my previous comments were wrong.
    But my opinion based on the TV feed was that receivers weren't getting open in time, given the offensive line play.

I usually think Jaws is pretty good, so I guess he's probably right, but that's not what I saw.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"Mikecarter81" wrote:
    Yet see thats then problem.
    The QB KNOWS the reads.
    It should be quick checkdowns. I also agree he looks scared and unwilling to make mistakes.
    I've been to my share of vikings games, and know the route running, I could read stuff too.
    I think the idea that he is scared is very interesting point, because it no doubt colors his vision.

mike
    For the sake of further discussion, I will give TJ this.
    One of the other things that is more noticeable at a live game is how small the open areas to throw in are. And furthermore how rapidly those areas close up and disappear.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

"Overlord" wrote:
    We don't get to see what's going on downfield, so maybe my previous comments were wrong.
    But my opinion based on the TV feed was that receivers weren't getting open in time, given the offensive line play.

I usually think Jaws is pretty good, so I guess he's probably right, but that's not what I saw.
    yeah i usual agree with jaws too, but i talked to some guys down in texas that went to the game and they said are wide outs where not getting open at all

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Overlord" wrote:

If Jaws said it, it's true.

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Jaworski is a film watching QB evaluating guru. That said I hope we can get TJ the coaching he needs, or he suddenly has a epiphiney. I really think our recievers aren't getting much if any separation. This causes TJ to hold the ball a nano second longer than he should.

I really want Tarvaris to succeed, so I hope he can settle down and with the help of his teammates and coaches start to make some plays. The season isn't even half over yet, and boy do we have to start to improve on the offensive side of the ball..... Not just Tarvaris either, it's a team effort.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Mikecarter81" wrote:
    ...Ron Jaworski on PTI today?
    What he said concerned me. Basically his premise was that, T Jack is not developing quickly and as he put it, he's leaving a lot of open plays on the field...
    It sure appeared that way when I rewatched the game this a.m.
    I sure hope he picks up the development pace.
    He's in a a caliber of play that he didn't even know existed based on his experience in college.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

pixie is offline Training Camp

"Mikecarter81" wrote:
    Hey I'm wondering did any of you catch the comments by Ron Jaworski on PTI today?
    What he said concerned me. Basically his premise was that, T Jack is not developing quickly and as he put it, he's leaving a lot of open plays on the field.
    I don't always agree with him, but I felt this was pretty deft.
    It doesn't appear like T jack gets it.
    I know watching the cowboys game yesterday, I saw at least three reads where TJ picked horribly wrong.
    My question is this correctable?
    How does on develop a QB to make more correct reads?
    I mean how do they develop them?

Discuss

Mike
    I am realizing that the biggest problem I have right now is that when I read comments like this, I am not sure if the problem is with Jackson or the coaches and this is because I am losing my faith in the coaches.
    I am not ready to throw in the towel yet, but there are so many suspect things going on and I am just not sure what the culprit is, heck it could be a lot of different things.

Regardless, I do feel for Jackson, he is in a terrible situation.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast