Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mikecarter81 is offline Coordinator

Jaworski comment regarding T. Jackson on ESPN

Hey I'm wondering did any of you catch the comments by Ron Jaworski on PTI today?
    He talked a little bit about Tavarias.
    What he said concerned me. Basically his premise was that, T Jack is not developing quickly and as he put it, he's leaving a lot of open plays on the field.
    I don't always agree with him, but I felt this was pretty deft.
    It doesn't appear like T jack gets it.
    I know watching the cowboys game yesterday, I saw at least three reads where TJ picked horribly wrong.
    My question is this correctable?
    How does on develop a QB to make more correct reads?
    I mean how do they develop them?

Discuss

Mike
    I am an avid Viking fan, but also am an avid restoration guy of vintage Mopar(Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth)B bodies

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Jaworski comment regarding T. Jackson on ESPN

I wish I knew, I am just a fan.
    ;D

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

I am not the guy to give a detailed answer on this but I believe it.

I mean, he could have done a lot of studying this offseason, watching film and absorbed a bunch.
    But I bet until you are on the field, you don't see it the same.

In all the discussions going on about TJ, I couldn't help but think about him possibly being another Vick where we would have to limit him to one side of the field for 4 or 5 years (please say this isn't so) until he gets it.
    It is also difficult as a fan watching the game to see the whole field. The camera stays on the line of scrimmage and the QB.
    We don't get to see the whole field.

Frostbite is offline Coach

Wasn't this obvious to everyone watching Sunday?? Thank you Ron Jawarski for exposing and explaining what we already knew.....No direspect intented to your original post!

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

Snowinapril

I agree and also worry about the Vick comparison, yet he would have to run first!
    ;D
    I'm concerned about the accuracy, also he just looks plain lost!
    I have no problem with mistakes if he is making progress, yet he looks timid and unsure of himself.

Mike
    I am an avid Viking fan, but also am an avid restoration guy of vintage Mopar(Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth)B bodies

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"Mikecarter81" wrote:
    Hey I'm wondering did any of you catch the comments by Ron Jaworski on PTI today?
    He talked a little bit about Tavarias.
    What he said concerned me. Basically his premise was that, T Jack is not developing quickly and as he put it, he's leaving a lot of open plays on the field.
    I don't always agree with him, but I felt this was pretty deft.
    It doesn't appear like T jack gets it.
    I know watching the cowboys game yesterday, I saw at least three reads where TJ picked horribly wrong.
    My question is this correctable?
    How does on develop a QB to make more correct reads?
    I mean how do they develop them?

Discuss

Mike
    One PP.O member was at the game and posted that TJ missed a lot of open receivers.
    That post didn't get much response.
    My interpretation of what that poster was saying may differ from others.
    When he said "missed a lot of open receivers", I believe he was refering to not seeing them. Not missing them with a pass.
    When you are at the game live you can see the receivers, their routes and coverage much better than TV shows it.
    He takes too long to see the open receiver and unload. Like in the pass where Wade was wide open.He was way late throwing the ball.
    Late passes are what rookies often do. But not seeing the receivers when they are open is a little tougher problem.
    Right now he's a little like McMahon was. Too darn scared to relax and just play football.
    It appears Childress has him scared to make a mistake, which adds to his stress.
    Hard to think when you are scared.
    He may relax and turn this whole thing around. But it isn't looking like it right now.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"snowinapril" wrote:
    I am not the guy to give a detailed answer on this but I believe it.

I mean, he could have done a lot of studying this offseason, watching film and absorbed a bunch.
    But I bet until you are on the field, you don't see it the same.

In all the discussions going on about TJ, I couldn't help but think about him possibly being another Vick where we would have to limit him to one side of the field for 4 or 5 years
    (please say this isn't so) until he gets it.
    It is also difficult as a fan watching the game to see the whole field. The camera stays on the line of scrimmage and the QB.
    We don't get to see the whole field.
    the saddest thing of all is that tarvaris is nowhere near as good as vick in any way at all..i absolutely hate vick, and its painful to say it, but vick in his 1st and 2nd year as a starting qb was a far better passer than jackson is right now

also, i understand what you mean by us not being able to see whats going on, but the truth is, the guy misses his receivers everytime they get wiiide open..even when the receivers do have an opportunity to make the catch in bounds, its a poor throw that they can barely get their hands on..the only accurate throws he makes are the ones to his running backs as dump-offs
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Let's keep this thread more of a discussion.
    If your post is going to be "TJ Sucks" there are probably a minimum of 3 other threads you can go post in.

Add some content or don't post!

This isn't directed at anyone that posted already, just going forward.
    Please add only content filled posts.

Yet see thats then problem.
    The QB KNOWS the reads.
    It should be quick checkdowns. I also agree he looks scared and unwilling to make mistakes.
    I've been to my share of vikings games, and know the route running, I could read stuff too.
    I think the idea that he is scared is very interesting point, because it no doubt colors his vision.

mike

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"snowinapril" wrote:
    Let's keep this thread more of a discussion.
    If your post is going to be "TJ Sucks" there are probably a minimum of 3 other threads you can go post in.

Add some content or don't post!
    not a single person has said "TJ sucks", so no need for that at all sia..my post was more than valid, and everything in it was true..the kid isnt developing at all..what the scouts said when he came out is that he had a cannon of an arm, but no accuracy, and they were right..also, we all overestimated his scrambling ability, as he absolutely refuses to do that even when nothing else is working, which really hurts
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast