Thread: Jason Gildon

pepper 0n moss is offline Pro-Bowler

Jason Gildon

it looks like this guy is gonna be a salary cap-casualty in pittsburgh since they wanna re-structure maddox's contract ... come june 1st, he may be released

if so ...

do we pick him up?? he's kinda old [11 year vet] but he will bring experience to the team and be able to not only contribute, but mentor [much like beikert did for EJ] our young OLBs nattiel and thomas

hmm ... any other soon-to-be cap casualties that may contribute to the vikes?

howln4u is offline Rookie

Jason Gildon

Is he a LB? He might be worth it. I would like to see them go after anyone that can contribute and we can get the cheap. Just like NE.

Fill the team with a lot of mid tier players. Maybe a corner or safety would be nice. Too bad we didnt get Gould from the Broncos.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

Jason Gildon

i think we're set no more additions unless its someone we absolutely have to add...remember we still have to pay these guys and there's always that chemistry issue..

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Jason Gildon

Dont need him at all. Hes aging for one t hing and another thing we have him already. His name is Greg BIkert. Dont worry we have enough guys at the lb position although they are very young. If you want experience we have to sign someone who has been in the league around 5-6 years that will prolly be a june casualty to give the young guys a mentor.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

Hawgski is offline Pro-Bowler

Jason Gildon

"hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    Dont need him at all. Hes aging for one t hing and another thing we have him already. His name is Greg BIkert. Dont worry we have enough guys at the lb position although they are very young. If you want experience we have to sign someone who has been in the league around 5-6 years that will prolly be a june casualty to give the young guys a mentor.
    Beek is gonna retire, that has already been said. If we can sign a mid-level veteran for guidance, I am all for that.

sig courtesy of PPE

DoyleRulz84 is offline Rookie

Jason Gildon

Im from pittsburgh and this past year he sucked. he cant tackle as good as he use to and I bet he couldnt cover WARREN SAPP. he is not worth picking up we already have a good young LB corp.
    4ee016e435d4da86194a9f140c831959

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Jason Gildon

"DoyleRulz84" wrote:
    Im from pittsburgh and this past year he sucked. he cant tackle as good as he use to and I bet he couldnt cover WARREN SAPP. he is not worth picking up we already have a good young LB corp.

Yeah, I say we let the young LB's play now. I wouldn't mind seeing us get another CB. Maybe a vet to play nickel or dime for us. We need a little more depth at CB, because if we have an injury, we are in trouble.