Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

JA's stint at LDE short-lived

Jared Allen's stint at left end short-lived; will be back at right end

Vikings DE Jared Allen's stint at left end short-lived; will be back at right end - CBSSports

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    He can move his neck the other way now?

I still remember when some cat was telling everyone that he would be playing LDE because of his size when the Vikings were in the process of trading for him.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Rumor has it that Jared Allen hurt his neck watching fast running backs zip by his containment assignment.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

JA's stint at LDE short-lived

Lol

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    He can move his neck the other way now?

I still remember when some cat was telling everyone that he would be playing LDE because of his size when the Vikings were in the process of trading for him.
    I think your memory is fading.......

What that cat was saying is that during his time at KC he was flip flopped between LDE and RDE based on the strengths/weakness of the T's.

That cat thought that because we had a glut of RDE's and no true LDE that we would see JA flip flopped like that upon his arrival.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    Rumor has it that Jared Allen hurt his neck watching fast running backs zip by his containment assignment.
    LOL, quick cracking me up my friend.......

Anyway, he sure seems to be easy to take out of plays this year. I was almost ready to start cheering for him to get hurt so Griff could fill in for him some more.......
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Jared Allen's stint at left end short-lived; will be back at right end

Vikings DE Jared Allen's stint at left end short-lived; will be back at right end - CBSSports
    I forget how to play that side. That used to be the only side I played before I got to the NFL. It was cool. Just to be able to put it on tape for (teams) to see I can play right and left side. But I prefer my right side.
    I thought that was really going to be one of his strengths when he got here. Alas......He tuned out to be just a RDE.......(humor alert).

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    I believe JA's inability to play both sides is his greatest downfall and a huge limitation on this defense. Guys like Peppers, Ware and Harrison can line up on both sides and helps keep the offense off balanced. Its makes gameplanning for our defense a lot easier if they always know where to place the protection. Had he been willing to work on this aspect of his game, teams would have to split the amount of time they work on protection into two parts, left and right. As of now, they simply place a TE out there and chip with a back. Work on your craft young man!

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    I believe JA's inability to play both sides is his greatest downfall and a huge limitation on this defense. Guys like Peppers, Ware and Harrison can line up on both sides and helps keep the offense off balanced. Its makes gameplanning for our defense a lot easier if they always know where to place the protection. Had he been willing to work on this aspect of his game, teams would have to split the amount of time they work on protection into two parts, left and right. As of now, they simply place a TE out there and chip with a back. Work on your craft young man!
    I remember when we went after JA, that you were pushing pretty hard for Peppers. If my memory serves me correct, I believe Marrdro was pretty firmly against Julius as being all washed up. I think both teams faired pretty well even though both paid handsomely to get these guys.

Just so no one forgets, JA had 22 sacks last year. Regardless of all his deficiencies.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    I remember when we went after JA, that you were pushing pretty hard for Peppers. If my memory serves me correct, I believe Marrdro was pretty firmly against Julius as being all washed up. I think both teams faired pretty well even though both paid handsomely to get these guys.

Just so no one forgets, JA had 22 sacks last year. Regardless of all his deficiencies.
    I won't forget that he had 22 last year. I did want Peppers more than Allen. As I think he is still the better player. He is older though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast