Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Re: Jaren Allen By The Numbers

Oh, Chilldress makes it pretty clear that Allen is going to be on the field.

"We're more what I would call a wave rushing team," Childress says. "If we dress eight defensive linemen, they'll all play. Jared's gonna be in there, sure, but I'm not going to sit Brian Robison, who plays behind him.

"There's no shame to putting your hand up when you're tired and have to come out. Of course, if you're going to be standing on the sideline next to the coach on every critical down, there's going to be a problem."
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/dr_z/06/20/vikings/index.html

This kind of reminds me of the AP vs. CT argument early last season...yes, AP has more skillz, but CT is pretty Fn good too and everybody (even AD!) wears down at some point!
    I think, that it is More than Coincidence that he was hurt in the game directly after he ran for 296 yards on 30 carries and 1 reception for 19 vs. SD!!!

IMHO it is even more important to keep your stars fresh Late in the Season, than it is Late in the game!
    Playoffs Baby
    ;D
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Thanks for the read my friend.

I find it very interesting the number of replies on here that think/want JA to play every down.
    Do you really think that should happen?
    :

Think about it, with the exception of QB and OL, every position coach has a built in rotation to keep his players fresh (and more productive), not only for that game, but the entire season.

Why would our staff break from that approach with the rationale that by keeping him on the field for every down will keep him more productive?

My guess is, he, as with K-will/Phat Pat, etc, will not only rotate in and out (ludicrous to think otherwise), he will also rotate between RDE and LDE and possibly DT depending on Down and Distance, Opposing teams OL weaknesses and QB habits.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:

I find it very interesting the number of replies on here that think/want JA to play every down.

:

Think about it, with the exception of QB and OL, every position coach has a built in rotation to keep his players fresh (and more productive), not only for that game, but the entire season.

Why would our staff break from that approach with the rationale that by keeping him on the field for every down will keep him more productive?

My guess is, he, as with K-will/Phat Pat, etc, will not only rotate in and out (ludicrous to think otherwise), he will also rotate between RDE and LDE and possibly DT depending on Down and Distance, Opposing teams OL weaknesses and QB habits.
    I like the way you think, sir.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Mr" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

:

I like the way you think, sir.
    This actually came up (in a way) on the radio yesterday.
    A emailer sent in a question regarding what player will benifit more from the signing of another player during the offseason........

Top of the list was K-will from the signing of JA.
    The hosts discussed at length how JA will be used especially as it pertains to when he will line up next to K-will and when he won't as the staff tries to take advantage of mismatches across the lines.

Very very good discussion.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12