Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Jared Allens Sports Arena & Grill closes


    Posted on Thu, May. 15, 2008 10:15 PM

    [size=13pt]Jared Allens Sports Arena & Grill closes[/size]

    By JOYCE SMITH
    kansascity.com



    Jared Allen is gone from Kansas City, and now so is his namesake restaurant and bar....



    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #2
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Jared Allens Sports Arena & Grill closes

    [size=13pt]Jared Allen's restaurant closes (gee, what a surprise)[/size]

    By Yael T. Abouhalkah, Kansas City Star Editorial Page columnist
    kansascity.com


    May 16, 2008 - 9:53am


    I feel sorry for the employees of Jared Allen's Sports Arena and Grill. But not for Allen. And not for investors in the restaurant....


    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  3. #3
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: Jared Allens Sports Arena & Grill closes

    A reader posted this in the comments.

    Do you even know of which you talk?
    Submitted by kcjames on May 16, 2008 - 12:36pm.

    Jared Allen didn't own Jared Allen's. It was owned by a Q104 DJ. Allen, largely due to his brother's country fame, had a relationship with the station. Allen was paid for the use of his name and for making appearences. He did not own, nor have any say in the bars opening or closing.

    Here I thought someone who owes his wage to advertisers might understand how these things work, but then again you do work for the Star.

  4. #4
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: Jared Allens Sports Arena & Grill closes

    Who know if there is any truth to that posters comments?


  5. #5
    Jilly's Avatar
    Jilly is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,048

    Re: Jared Allens Sports Arena & Grill closes

    LOL! the photo of the place is hilarious. Looks like it once was an Indian restaurant.

  6. #6
    gregair13's Avatar
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    14,605

    Re: Jared Allens Sports Arena & Grill closes

    he should open one in minnesota. the world needs more places to buy grilled food
    We're bringing purple back.

  7. #7
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Jared Allens Sports Arena & Grill closes

    "gregair13" wrote:
    he should open one in minnesota. the world needs more places to buy grilled food
    Why not? Minnesota already has a Matty B's, Benchwarmer Bob's and several Joe Sensor's.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  8. #8
    Vikes_King's Avatar
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,104

    Re: Jared Allens Sports Arena & Grill closes

    "singersp" wrote:
    "gregair13" wrote:
    he should open one in minnesota. the world needs more places to buy grilled food
    Why not? Minnesota already has a Matty B's, Benchwarmer Bob's and several Joe Sensor's.
    Exactly
    ;D I was already saying this to my friend earlier


    http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

    "We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

    - Dan Calabrese

  9. #9
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,572

    Re: Jared Allens Sports Arena & Grill closes

    "snowinapril" wrote:
    A reader posted this in the comments.

    Do you even know of which you talk?
    Submitted by kcjames on May 16, 2008 - 12:36pm.

    Jared Allen didn't own Jared Allen's. It was owned by a Q104 DJ. Allen, largely due to his brother's country fame, had a relationship with the station. Allen was paid for the use of his name and for making appearences. He did not own, nor have any say in the bars opening or closing.

    Here I thought someone who owes his wage to advertisers might understand how these things work, but then again you do work for the Star.

    Who is his brother?

  10. #10
    jkjuggalo's Avatar
    jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,131

    Re: Jared Allens Sports Arena & Grill closes

    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    A reader posted this in the comments.

    Do you even know of which you talk?
    Submitted by kcjames on May 16, 2008 - 12:36pm.

    Jared Allen didn't own Jared Allen's. It was owned by a Q104 DJ. Allen, largely due to his brother's country fame, had a relationship with the station. Allen was paid for the use of his name and for making appearences. He did not own, nor have any say in the bars opening or closing.

    Here I thought someone who owes his wage to advertisers might understand how these things work, but then again you do work for the Star.

    Who is his brother?
    Larry Allen, but they are only half-brothers. ;D
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

Similar Threads

  1. Save Jared Allens Season!!
    By SharperImage in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-08-2010, 04:23 PM
  2. J. Allens Message: Get Loud!
    By VikingsTw in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-13-2008, 08:23 PM
  3. Woman left in CT scanner for hours after clinic closes
    By Garland Greene in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-28-2007, 03:24 PM
  4. Feces closes N.D. pool on 95-degree day
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-26-2007, 07:17 PM
  5. EA Sports Arena Football
    By purpleFavreEaters in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 02-15-2006, 05:48 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •