Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Freya is offline Team Alumni

Re:Jared Allen -- Violent Threat in Bar Fight

jargomcfargo wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    He's no longer in the NFL substance abuse program, hasn't been for almost two years now, so I doubt there's anything keeping him out of bars.

We don't know anything about this place, it might be a bar-restaurant, his fiancée might have been passing through the bar to use the bathroom, or getting a drink for herself while they wait to be seated.

Or maybe it wasn't even his choice to be there, and his fiancée just wanted to go out for a change.

We don't know enough about the guy's life, the place he was at, or his post-substance abuse program stipulations to pass judgement on him for just being in a bar.

What we do know is, some asshole insulted his fiancée in the worst of ways, and he responded in the same way any man with a pair between his legs would.

If he gets more than a small fine for this I'll be outraged.
    Quit using logic in your posts, its not the pp.o way.

Its much ,much easier to judge the guy, since we all know, bars are evil, terrible places where only degenerates go to hang out. Allen is a terrible person for even doing that. I mean, why put himself in that position where people might see him? [/sarcasm]

But seriously, get off your high horses. You have no idea where that is, you have no idea what the circumstances are. Quit pretending like you've never had a drink, smoke, maybe ran a red light, sped, tasered an old lady, done pot, etc.

If you work 9-5, then come home, spend all your free time with your family, and don't go have fun or have ever done anything borderline risky, then by all mean, speak up.

otherwise stfu

Having said that... I wanna meet the person who's trying to pick a fight with Jared Allen.
    Exactly! I mean what's the big deal?
    It's not like he fake mooned him or something despicably serious like that!
    Jared showed considerable restraint given the circumstances.
    Joe Buck has PTSD because of that one. :silly:

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

tarkenton10 wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    He's no longer in the NFL substance abuse program, hasn't been for almost two years now, so I doubt there's anything keeping him out of bars.

We don't know anything about this place, it might be a bar-restaurant, his fiancée might have been passing through the bar to use the bathroom, or getting a drink for herself while they wait to be seated.

Or maybe it wasn't even his choice to be there, and his fiancée just wanted to go out for a change.

We don't know enough about the guy's life, the place he was at, or his post-substance abuse program stipulations to pass judgement on him for just being in a bar.

What we do know is, some asshole insulted his fiancée in the worst of ways, and he responded in the same way any man with a pair between his legs would.

If he gets more than a small fine for this I'll be outraged.
    Quit using logic in your posts, its not the pp.o way.

Its much ,much easier to judge the guy, since we all know, bars are evil, terrible places where only degenerates go to hang out. Allen is a terrible person for even doing that. I mean, why put himself in that position where people might see him? [/sarcasm]

But seriously, get off your high horses. You have no idea where that is, you have no idea what the circumstances are. Quit pretending like you've never had a drink, smoke, maybe ran a red light, sped, tasered an old lady, done pot, etc.

If you work 9-5, then come home, spend all your free time with your family, and don't go have fun or have ever done anything borderline risky, then by all mean, speak up.

otherwise stfu

Having said that... I wanna meet the person who's trying to pick a fight with Jared Allen.
    I will speak up and say that guy is an asshole!! Now I am going to go and walk on some water and maybe heal a blind person!! Any objections!!

P.S. I really like JA, he's the FaShizzle!!
    perhaps I should clarify, since the point seems to have zipped right over a few heads.

THIS is not even worthy of being called an incident.

I don't know if any of you have ever been in a bar, but let me assure you, trouble can find you there. I still drink in bars, and that statement has ALWAYS held true. some guys become confrontational when drunk. some guys get beer muscles. some people would even push an altercation to get money.
    if you think Jared no longer being in the substance abuse program would have any bearing on a decision Roger would make, you need to put down the crack pipe. Goodell would definitely consider his past abuse problems should there ever be an incident.
    just saying, Jared needs to avoid any chance of trouble.

suspensions are passed out like halloween candy nowadays.

I love Jared on the Vikes. I actually feel bad for him that he can not enjoy a few beers at a bar.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

He can drink legally now; his probation is over to my knowledge.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

ThorSPL wrote:
    He can drink legally now; his probation is over to my knowledge.
    I think the problem isn't can he legally drink, its whether he should drink.

However, He's a big boy, he can handle himself.

I have a feeling he's turned around. He's got a fiancee, I'm 100% sure even if he had a couple drinks and tried to drive, she would have made him stop.

Not saying thats fine or whatever, but I think we're really worrying too much about this. People get pissed off while they're sober also.

He said in an interview himself, he will go to a bar, but he'll have an O'Douls instead. I really don't think this is an issue at all.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

This is a restaurant. Get it straight TMZ. Move along people.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

singersp wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marshallvike wrote:
    Although he did not sound drunk, wtf is he doing in a bar?
    I quit drinking there for several years. Didn't stop me from hanging out.
    Agreed, I have a brother who hasn't had a drink in about 5 years and he spends more time in bars than most heavy drinkers. It's a great place to socialize, and it's cheap when your not drinking.
    There's a big difference when your talking about your brother (unless he's a recovering alcoholic) & JA. JA is a problem drinker & is quite possibly a recovering alcolholic. If he's started drinking again, even in moderation, it's only a matter of time before he's in some deep shit again.

Marrdro, you may have quit drinking for awhile, but aren't you back at it in "Beastly" fashion?

Now, no one is saying JA was even drinking in that bar, but if he was, there very well could be trouble ahead if he continues. I don't think we've heard the last of this incident if he's in the NFL drug/alcohol program. Even though the shit head deserved to get pummled, I'm just glad it didn't come to that. We don't need JA to get suspended.
    Just pointing out that people do go to bars to socialize/have fun/eat/party without drinking, recovering alcoholic or otherwise.
    You don't drink at tailgates so I don't see how JA going to a bar is any different.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

singersp wrote:
    Marrdro, you may have quit drinking for awhile, but aren't you back at it in "Beastly" fashion?
    Yup, however, I learned something in my sobriety, a thing called moderation.

Haven't drank my paycheck up in a very very very very long time. Haven't woke up in my truck, late for work, and not knowing were I was or how I got there in a very very very very long time. Haven't woke up with hands so sore from fighting that I can't even brush my teeth in a very very very long time.

In short, I can go months without a drink and do it without worring about when I will be able to get my next drink as I don't let it control my life.

I completely understand that for most recovering alcholics, that isn't heard of and I thank the good lord each and everyday that I don't have those demons to struggle with anymore.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

If someone disrespects your lady and you beat him within inches of his life he deserves it. It is that simple.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach

Prophet wrote:
    If someone disrespects your lady and you beat him within inches of his life he deserves it. It is that simple.
    +1
    Purple till i die

Erinnn is offline Starter

Prophet wrote:
    I think this reasoning only applies to men. If my bf did this I'd probably drop him. Most women look at this type of behavior, even if it is on their behalf, as idiotic. Some women probably like it, but I've never known one.

I can't imagine any type of punishment for JA stemming from this. It's a non-issue that happens every night, even between sober people not at a bar or restaurant.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast