Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

Re:Jared Allen -- Violent Threat in Bar Fight

jargomcfargo wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    He's no longer in the NFL substance abuse program, hasn't been for almost two years now, so I doubt there's anything keeping him out of bars.

We don't know anything about this place, it might be a bar-restaurant, his fiancée might have been passing through the bar to use the bathroom, or getting a drink for herself while they wait to be seated.

Or maybe it wasn't even his choice to be there, and his fiancée just wanted to go out for a change.

We don't know enough about the guy's life, the place he was at, or his post-substance abuse program stipulations to pass judgement on him for just being in a bar.

What we do know is, some asshole insulted his fiancée in the worst of ways, and he responded in the same way any man with a pair between his legs would.

If he gets more than a small fine for this I'll be outraged.
    Quit using logic in your posts, its not the pp.o way.

Its much ,much easier to judge the guy, since we all know, bars are evil, terrible places where only degenerates go to hang out. Allen is a terrible person for even doing that. I mean, why put himself in that position where people might see him? [/sarcasm]

But seriously, get off your high horses. You have no idea where that is, you have no idea what the circumstances are. Quit pretending like you've never had a drink, smoke, maybe ran a red light, sped, tasered an old lady, done pot, etc.

If you work 9-5, then come home, spend all your free time with your family, and don't go have fun or have ever done anything borderline risky, then by all mean, speak up.

otherwise stfu

Having said that... I wanna meet the person who's trying to pick a fight with Jared Allen.
    Exactly! I mean what's the big deal?
    It's not like he fake mooned him or something despicably serious like that!
    Jared showed considerable restraint given the circumstances.
    I dont know his he really needed to restrain himself much if any. I believe the fella shit his pants and kept his mouth shut after Jared told him he would rip his fucking head off.

Good job Jared.

On the other hand I wonder what Jared's old lady did to desearve to be called a cunt? That word dont just get tossed around unless you have a damn good reason.

ndnorseman is offline Pro-Bowler

Going on the supposition that Allen wasn't drinking, it's a safe bet that the guy who called his wife a C had already tipped back more than a few (liquid courage). Taking that into account, it's not too difficult to imagine this particular dipshit mouthing off to Allen's wife in response to some sort of offense...real or imagined.

Happy 4/20, everyone! LOL

Having said that... I wanna meet the person who's trying to pick a fight with Jared Allen.
    I for one would pick a fight with Jared Allen anyday. Before you call me an idiot, please look at the compensation package I'm pretty sure would be on my lap by the end of the week.

1) A broken jaw or black eye from Jared Allen (photo op anyone?)

2) An ensuing, yet friendly lawsuit that settles with sideline season tickets in exchange for dropping assault and battery charges.

3) An autograph after court (probably not cause he'd be pissed, but just maybe)

4) Something to tell your kids/grandkids

I'd take a quick a**whooping from the guy anyday for those 4 things
    Sean Saunders

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

tarkenton10 wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    He's no longer in the NFL substance abuse program, hasn't been for almost two years now, so I doubt there's anything keeping him out of bars.

We don't know anything about this place, it might be a bar-restaurant, his fiancée might have been passing through the bar to use the bathroom, or getting a drink for herself while they wait to be seated.

Or maybe it wasn't even his choice to be there, and his fiancée just wanted to go out for a change.

We don't know enough about the guy's life, the place he was at, or his post-substance abuse program stipulations to pass judgement on him for just being in a bar.

What we do know is, some asshole insulted his fiancée in the worst of ways, and he responded in the same way any man with a pair between his legs would.

If he gets more than a small fine for this I'll be outraged.
    Quit using logic in your posts, its not the pp.o way.

Its much ,much easier to judge the guy, since we all know, bars are evil, terrible places where only degenerates go to hang out. Allen is a terrible person for even doing that. I mean, why put himself in that position where people might see him? [/sarcasm]

But seriously, get off your high horses. You have no idea where that is, you have no idea what the circumstances are. Quit pretending like you've never had a drink, smoke, maybe ran a red light, sped, tasered an old lady, done pot, etc.

If you work 9-5, then come home, spend all your free time with your family, and don't go have fun or have ever done anything borderline risky, then by all mean, speak up.

otherwise stfu

I will speak up and say that guy is an asshole!! Now I am going to go and walk on some water and maybe heal a blind person!! Any objections!!

P.S. I really like JA, he's the FaShizzle!!
    LMAO! I enjoyed a good chuckle over that one.

The bar that they are at is called Barcelona. It is a uber yuppy bar in north Scottsdale. At least thats the way it looks to me.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

It's The Grapevine, according to TMZ.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

This happens every day. It is not news worthy.

Saying that, I support Allen and everything he does. Rope that calf.
    We're bringing purple back.

singersp is online now PPO Newshound

jmcdon00 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marshallvike wrote:
    Although he did not sound drunk, wtf is he doing in a bar?
    I quit drinking there for several years. Didn't stop me from hanging out.
    Agreed, I have a brother who hasn't had a drink in about 5 years and he spends more time in bars than most heavy drinkers. It's a great place to socialize, and it's cheap when your not drinking.
    There's a big difference when your talking about your brother (unless he's a recovering alcoholic) & JA. JA is a problem drinker & is quite possibly a recovering alcolholic. If he's started drinking again, even in moderation, it's only a matter of time before he's in some deep shit again.

Marrdro, you may have quit drinking for awhile, but aren't you back at it in "Beastly" fashion?

Now, no one is saying JA was even drinking in that bar, but if he was, there very well could be trouble ahead if he continues. I don't think we've heard the last of this incident if he's in the NFL drug/alcohol program. Even though the shit head deserved to get pummled, I'm just glad it didn't come to that. We don't need JA to get suspended.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is online now PPO Newshound

Mr Anderson wrote:
    He's no longer in the NFL substance abuse program, hasn't been for almost two years now, so I doubt there's anything keeping him out of bars.....
    The NFL keeps the names of players that are in the substance abuse program private information & out of the public fold, so how can you be sure whether he's in it or not?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

singersp wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    He's no longer in the NFL substance abuse program, hasn't been for almost two years now, so I doubt there's anything keeping him out of bars.....
    The NFL keeps the names of players that are in the substance abuse program private information & out of the public fold, so how can you be sure whether he's in it or not?
    Because he told the Star Tribune he was out.
    Allen No Longer in Substance Abuse Program

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast