Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Minniman is online now Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    If I were JA, I'd be BEGGING to be traded.....anywhere!!!!
    Jacksonville?
    Oakland?

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    Jacksonville?
    Oakland?
    Oakland ranks 12th for points given up. 23rd in yds/game. Much better than our defense.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

purpledoom is offline Starter
    Forget everything I said before. Trade him, heck be doing him a favor. That what was absolutely abysmal last night.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    And watch they'll trade him with in the division, Allen likes what Gunther Cunningham has done in Detroit but they have no space to take on Jared's salary for the remaining season (about 8 mil) but the Packers do, maybe the Bengals, or Panthers most of the 6-7 teams with space don't have winning records

Randy Moss is offline Pro-Bowler
    I love JA, but I'd be totally fine with this. I'd really be best for both sides.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I was strongly against trading Allen, but after watching him last night, might as well. He's quit, same as everyone else on the team except AP. He's got nothing to play for, the expression on his face at the end of the game when he and Jennings were standing together said it all to me. Their expression said "Get me the hell off this joke of a team".

He knows we're garbage, he knows that he singlehandedly isn't going to change anything.

Things to keep in mind for a trade:

It is estimated we will get a third round pick as compensatory pick if he leaves during FA. Any trade would have to be for at least that.

Trade him out of the division. Send him to the AFC preferably, because I don't want to play against a fired up Allen in the future.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    I don't get why you guys want to trade away all our good players for unproven rookies. The problem with this team is not the players we have, except for QB, its coaching.

WWBGD

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    I'd hate to see him go but he's gone at the end of the year anyway. We need to reboot for next year and we may as well start now. He's in the last few years of his career so we need to get something for him now. Pass rushes like him tend to slow down after 30.

scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

Jared Allen trade?

Although I could see why it made sense to let him go I'm glad he's staying. The one handed sack last week was one of the few highlights of the year for me. I'm sure all the people who bought the new jerseys with 69 on them are glad to get a couple more months out of them too.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Jared Allen 'proud to still be' Viking

Allen told Fox Sports' Jay Glazer in a text message that he followed reports of trade rumors involving his name but is happy he's still with the Vikings.

"Proud to still be a Viking. I watched all the trade stuff like everyone else. It is a part of this business. 100% committed to turning this season around," he wrote in the text.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast