Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Jared Allen targets Jay Cutler

    Vikings sack machine Jared Allen targets Bears QB Jay Cutler

    If his pass protectors repeat their performance from Monday night in Detroit, Bears quarterback Jay Cutler might be on the wrong end of another dubious sack record.

    Vikings sack machine Jared Allen targets Bears QB Jay Cutler

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #2
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271
    Minnesota Vikings team report: Jared Allen on record pace

    Jared Allen is having the best start of his eight-year career, not to mention one of the best five-game stretches by a pass rusher to open a season in NFL history.

    Read more: Minnesota Vikings team report: Jared Allen on record pace - NFL - Sporting News

    Read more: Minnesota Vikings team report: Jared Allen on record pace - NFL - Sporting News

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  3. #3
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1
    Look at what happens when you replace Edwards with that undersized Robison and you fail to replace your old, fat 0 technique DT with another fat 0 Tech DT. Now you get athletic DL that can finally get after the QB. Maybe Leslie does have a clue.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Isanti, MN
    Posts
    986
    Is 8 sacks too much to ask of JA in this game. I would really like to see eight sacks on Cutler. Throw in another 2.5 sacks from Robison and now we're talking.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

  5. #5
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,778
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Look at what happens when you replace Edwards with that undersized Robison and you fail to replace your old, fat 0 technique DT with another fat 0 Tech DT. Now you get athletic DL that can finally get after the QB. Maybe Leslie does have a clue.
    now now, our lack of a 'warpig' is the reason we're 1-4

  6. #6
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,917
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    now now, our lack of a 'warpig' is the reason we're 1-4
    I know you were being sarcastic but.. I do rememeber Tolbert running on us easily as did Blount : (
    We could have used a runstopping DE and a Nose tackle at that point.

  7. #7
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,778
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    I know you were being sarcastic but.. I do rememeber Tolbert running on us easily as did Blount : (
    We could have used a runstopping DE and a Nose tackle at that point.
    Tolbert had 12 carries, 35 yards. Matthews had 12 carries, 45 yards. Where he hurt us was in the screen game.

    Blount had a more respectable 13 carries for 71 yards.

    however, nothing that a big NT would change our record.

    We lost because we couldn't play O in the second half, blew a lead and lost. A Pat Williams doesn't change that.

  8. #8
    smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    896
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    I know you were being sarcastic but.. I do rememeber Tolbert running on us easily as did Blount : (
    We could have used a runstopping DE and a Nose tackle at that point.
    Vikings are ranked 5th against the run. The change of philosophy for the interior line hasn't hurt too much yet.

  9. #9
    Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    892
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    We lost because we couldn't play O in the second half, blew a lead and lost. A Pat Williams doesn't change that.
    Unless maybe we could put him in at WR to replace Berrian.

    My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

  10. #10
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,778
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveling_Vike View Post
    Unless maybe we could put him in at WR to replace Berrian.
    or Offensive Coordinator?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •